Do the Redskins do the unthinkable?

BZski

49 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I kink of feel bad for Lions fans getting their hopes up the Redskins will let Young fall to them.

Not sure really who you are trying to convince more with that statement.ย  Them or You? ๐Ÿ™Š๐Ÿบ

The Redskins could take Tua but I'm guessing it's probably just a smokescreen they are throwing out there to see if they can drum up any interest from another team to trade up to their spot.ย  I'd say the chances are that they stay put and go with Chase Young.

13 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I kink of feel bad for Lions fans getting their hopes up the Redskins will let Young fall to them.

Don't. Lions will either get Young at 3 or a boatload of picks from a team that wants Tua. We are in the best spot in the draft.

Meanwhile, Skins take Young, have ย no LT, pretty much 1 WR, an average a best QB, and no 2nd rd pick. But you guys will have a nasty redundant DL.

36 minutes ago, BZski said:

Don't. Lions will either get Young at 3 or a boatload of picks from a team that wants Tua. We are in the best spot in the draft.

tenor.gif

Explain to me how you're in the best spot in the draft when the Redskins can either get Young or a boatload of picks from a team that wants Tua... and will get more of a boatload than the Lions would at #3.

ย 

Also, you're big on believing draft rumors, right? ย Well, don't be surprised if you don't get the boatload you're hoping for...

ย 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

tenor.gif

Explain to me how you're in the best spot in the draft when the Redskins can either get Young or a boatload of picks from a team that wants Tua... and will get more of a boatload than the Lions would at #3.

ย 

Also, you're big on believing draft rumors, right? ย Well, don't be surprised if you don't get the boatload you're hoping for...

ย 

Not sure what you are not getting. Even if you trade back it will be to a team that wants a QB. WE GET YOUNG. If you take Young WE GET MORE PICKS. Its pretty simple!

Really it would be kinda dumb for the Redskins to stay at #2 and take Young by looking at their roster. Their DL is the strength of their team with Sweat, Payne, Allen, Kerrigan and Anderson. They need an OT, CB, WR, RB. They have no 2nd rd pick. They NEED to trade down honestly.

Edited by BZski

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

Not sure what you are not getting. Even if you trade back it will be to a team that wants a QB. WE GET YOUNG. If you take Young WE GET MORE PICKS. Its pretty simple!

Lmao. ย You clearly don't understand what "best spot" means.

ย 

Edited by HTTRDynasty

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lmao. ย You clearly don't understand what "best spot" means.

ย 

How are you guys in theย best spot exactly? You guys dont even have that many picks so teams know you most likely will take less. Especially considering all your needs. Teams know you guys pretty much NEED to trade back.

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

How are you guys in theย best spot exactly? You guys dont even have that many picks so teams know you most likely will take less. Especially considering all your needs. Teams know you guys pretty much NEED to trade back.

Depends on Trent Williams trade, imo.

You're actually 100% correct in your assessment that we should trade back, if we don't trade Trent.

We don't pick again till the 3rd round after the #2 overall pick.

It would be smart to trade back & take a bounty for that #2 overall pick. Even with passing on a player like Chase Young.

We could net 3 picks in the top 50 potentially by trading back.

However, if we somehow do get a 2nd or a 3rd & a player hypothetically for Trent?

Then we can afford to stay put & take Chase Young #2 overall.

Then wait to see who's there in the 2nd Rd, or trade up in the 2nd Rd with the addition of extra picks from the Trent Williams trade.

That's why it's imperative, that we trade Trent by draft day, or preferably before.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Depends on Trent Williams trade, imo.

You're actually 100% correct in your assessment that we should trade back, if we don't trade Trent.

We don't pick again till the 3rd round after the #2 overall pick.

It would be smart to trade back & take a bounty for that #2 overall pick. Even with passing on a player like Chase Young.

We could net 3 picks in the top 50 potentially by trading back.

However, if we somehow do get a 2nd or a 3rd & a player hypothetically for Trent?

Then we can afford to stay put & take Chase Young #2 overall.

Then wait to see who's there in the 2nd Rd, or trade up in the 2nd Rd with the addition of extra picks from the Trent Williams trade.

That's why it's imperative, that we trade Trent by draft day, or preferably before.

Thats a great point but IMO teams will wait until after the draft and give upa 2021 draft pick for Williams or you guys will not get the full value of Williams if you want 2020 picks (3rd rd).

23 minutes ago, BZski said:

The draft isn't about filling holes. ย At least not for teams that are looking to build long term. ย You take the best talent available unless you are blown away by an offer.

And lolย at acting like the Lions have so many less holes than the Redskins. ย You're one of the 3 teams we beat last year. ย I know it was without Stafford, but your roster just isn't that impressive, and it just got worse with the loss of Slay. ย At least we have hope with a new regime coming in. ย You're still stuck with aย coach most players seem to hate.

And for the record, I don't think we're in the best spot. ย I think the Bengals are. ย But I know we're in a better spot than the Lions in this draft. ย The logic is pretty simple.

The scouts

The Athleticย recently spoke with two long-time scouts willing to make picks for Washington. They were free to select any prospect or make a first-round trade. However, since they arenโ€™t focused on the Redskinsโ€™ depth chart nor willing to spill their teamโ€™s state secrets unprompted, I helped narrow the scope by specifying position needs and providing names of players to consider. Some of those needs and prospect examples are listed below.

The transcript was edited slightly for clarity.

Round 1 (2) โ€” Chase Young, DE, Ohio State

Forget 15 minutes. Neither scout needed more than 15 seconds with this selection.

Scout 1:ย โ€œTake Chase. Good pick. Rivera likes DL, so any other argument doesnโ€™t matter.โ€

Scout 2:ย โ€œChase at two. No trade out. Next question.โ€

https://theathletic.com/1716377/2020/04/02/two-nfl-scouts-one-agent-and-seven-rounds-of-redskins-only-mock-draft-picks/