Do the Redskins do the unthinkable?

BZski

Imagine when Haskins will be asked to announce the pick:
"And with the 2nd pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins selects Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Ala... Hey, wait a minute! You promised Ron! Screw this feed I'm out of here"

In all seriousness no chance Redskins are doing anything other than drafting Chase Young. Ok well, maybe 5% chance they do something else. 

If you believe that Tua is healthy and will remain for the duration of his career, it's a no brainer to draft him. He was the consensus number 1 pick going into the season. Hes been that for a while.

You cannot win without a franchise QB. And franchise QBs have to be accurate and able to learn a playbook. Haskins showed some of that for six quarters. He was only taken before pick 25 because the Skins' owner's son went to high school with Haskins.

If Rivera wants him, draft him.

10 hours ago, Slateman said:

If you believe that Tua is healthy and will remain for the duration of his career, it's a no brainer to draft him. He was the consensus number 1 pick going into the season. Hes been that for a while.

You cannot win without a franchise QB. And franchise QBs have to be accurate and able to learn a playbook. Haskins showed some of that for six quarters. He was only taken before pick 25 because the Skins' owner's son went to high school with Haskins.

If Rivera wants him, draft him.

Tua has shown it for zero in the NFL to be fair.

At this point, I don't think Tua is happening for Washington. I think it's smarter to roll the dice with Dwayne anyway, I really do believe their ceilings to be similar.

You take Chase now, and if in a year, Dwayne still has too many question marks for your liking, then you're likely in the running for Fields or Lawrence anyway.

It's win win.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Tua has shown it for zero in the NFL to be fair.

To be fair, Haskins isn't a first round pick in this year's draft and he's shown little in the NFL. You aren't winning a Super Bowl with Ryan Tannehill at QB. Even if you have an elite defense.

Just now, Slateman said:

To be fair, Haskins isn't a first round pick in this year's draft 

Maybe. Maybe not. 

Just now, Slateman said:

he's shown little in the NFL.

True. My point was Tua hasn't shown anything. 

Just now, Slateman said:

You aren't winning a Super Bowl with Ryan Tannehill at QB. Even if you have an elite defense.

But you are making the AFC Championship with him coming in midseason. Not bad. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. Maybe not. 

True. My point was Tua hasn't shown anything. 

But you are making the AFC Championship with him coming in midseason. Not bad. 

Is the goal to make it to AFC Championships? 

You are nothing in today's NFL without a franchise caliber QB. Nothing.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Is the goal to make it to AFC Championships? 

You are nothing in today's NFL without a franchise caliber QB. Nothing.

And Tua might be that. Or maybe not. Wouldn't surprise me if he's better than Dwayne. He probably will be if healthy. It's so early for both.