Do the Redskins do the unthinkable?

BZski

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

They are rolling with Haskins. He was hand selected by Snyder himself.

While that may be the case ask yourself this.

If Haskins was in this years draft who do you got him or Tua? 

I think the answer is overwhelming Tua! It's going to be interesting and I do not think Young is a lock to go #2 now the more I read. I think it's 50/50 Tua or Young st this point. QBs usually win ties when it comes to picking in the top 5.

2 minutes ago, BZski said:

While that may be the case ask yourself this.

If Haskins was in this years draft who do you got him or Tua? 

I think the answer is overwhelming Tua! It's going to be interesting and I do not think Young is a lock to go #2 now the more I read. I think it's 50/50 Tua or Young st this point. QBs usually win ties when it comes to picking in the top 5.

You can't ask yourself "What would I do?". You have to ask yourself "What would Dan Snyder do?". And Dan Snyder will pass on the good QB for the bad one he hand picked last year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BZski said:

There are more and more experts projecting that the Redskins will actually take Tua at #2. At first i thought it was a pipe dream as a Lions fan but I am starting to think this may actually happen. New coach, Haskins looking very average at best even for a rookie QB. Seems like there is more of a possibility to this happening.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107680/article/fourround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-six-trades-shake-up-round-1

Why would the Redskins draft Tua though?  They can take Chase Young, and give Haskins a year to develop.  If he does well, then great.  If he doesn't do well, then this team is in a position to draft Trevor Lawrence.  

Someone created a thread in the Redskins forum about our record.  While i haven't replied there yet, it's littered with 5-6 wins at best, which is my feeling even if Haskins does progress.  If he doesn't, then this is looking like a team challenging for the #1 pick again next year.  

I'd rather let things play out with Haskins and take Chase Young, and then see what happens and make that call again next year.  

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Hard to win an award when you start less than half the year. 2nd best rookie QB according to PFF though. Not bad. 

I liked what Haskins did. I liked him coming out of Ohio State. I don't think they should give up on him, either. Just acknowledging there are increasing media reports that this will happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Why would the Redskins draft Tua though?  

Because a lot of people think Tua is a bonafide franchise QB, and doubt Haskins is. The accumulation of recent media reports (which could be accurate OR ridiculous) suggest Rivera is one of those people. 

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd rather let things play out with Haskins and take Chase Young, and then see what happens and make that call again next year.  

I've made my opinion known--they should forget about Young (who they may not even need) and instead get as much as they can from the Dolphins for the second pick. If I were the Redskins GM, I might even trade down AGAIN from the fifth pick. (Herbert, whoever.) Any number of positive scenarios can be spun from all that. I wouldn't be gambling on Young when there are possibilities to get into instant contention. 

Edited by Heinz D.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I liked what Haskins did. I liked him coming out of Ohio State. I don't think they should give up on him, either. Just acknowledging there are increasing media reports that this will happen. 

And I think it's almost entirely to generate clicks/views.  

Nearly all of the draft guys I respect agree the draft starts at #3.

6 hours ago, BZski said:

This is my thought as well. The more I think about it, the more I think Tua is taken by the redskins. It is so hard to find a franchise QB and I just dont see RR passing on one as highly thought of as Tua is around the scouting community. Young is a phenomenal talent but he is not a QB and I dont believe the Skins value Haskins as much as the fans do. 

Even a generational DE with great leadership abilities can inspire a team to play well and tip the tides of a game countless times

-from someone with a team that has one and made the playoffs with brian hoyer and ryan mallett

Edited by Drained