Name 3 "mystery" teams who you believe are very interested in trading for Trent Williams.

There are always mystery teams who don't get reported until after the fact, if ever.

Sometimes that mystery team swoops in out of nowhere, to sign a player or trade for a player.

I'm 💯% certain that is the case for Trent Williams.

You'd be an idiot of a GM to not even contemplate adding a Player of Trent's caliber to your team if the price was right. Specially, if you had a need for LT.

Right now, I've heard of the Browns, Vikings, Texans & Jets who have PUBLICLY expressed interest in Trent Williams.

What I want to know, is who do you think PRIVATELY has interest in Trent Williams.

So give me 3 teams who you think does or should be interested in Trent Williams at this time. Feel free to express why, if you wish.

Here are mine

Patriots= Not just because of my predicted thread in General, but because it makes sense. Someone proven to protect Stidham, instead of a rookie. Location for Trent to relocate. Going to proven winner.

Dolphins= Not only do they have the resources to get Trent, but if they could get him for a 2nd or less? They could target any other 3 positions in 1st round, without having to draft one of the LT's. Trent apparently wants some money & Florida has that no income tax thing going on there, if he were to sign a less than what he truly wants contract. Same could be said for Jacksonville Jaguars as well.

Falcons= Something tells me the Falcons have interest. No real good reason to feel this way. Just call it intuition, which is probably wrong. Lol

Anyways, do you see 3 mystery teams interested in Trent?

And if not....why would you think not?

• Like 1

Tampa Bay- need someone to protect Brady's blindside, and that's probably their biggest need right now.  

Baltimore- Marshal Yanda retired, and they need to upgrade their interior line.  Williams can fill either tackle spot along with Stanley, and allow Brown Jr to slot in at guard, where his size makes him a better fit. 

Miami- after selling off their players for picks to tank, they have been an active team in free agency trying to retool, and will likely have a new QB under center.  They could easily spare the assets for Williams.  

Of course, the problem for all of these teams would be making the cap work, especially if he still wants that huge deal. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

at 20m- noone 

but sleeper teams- 

Raiders

Giants

Bills

Aww man, I’d hate to see him stay in the division. I agree on the Raiders or Bills being a possibility.

I'm still on the trade Trent for Nsekhe & a 2nd or 3rd train!

We’d get a LT who could start? Nsekhe was an OT/G that I wish we would've kept instead of letting walk last year. 

Edited by turtle28

On 3/28/2020 at 3:47 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Tampa Bay- need someone to protect Brady's blindside, and that's probably their biggest need right now.  

Baltimore- Marshal Yanda retired, and they need to upgrade their interior line.  Williams can fill either tackle spot along with Stanley, and allow Brown Jr to slot in at guard, where his size makes him a better fit. 

Miami- after selling off their players for picks to tank, they have been an active team in free agency trying to retool, and will likely have a new QB under center.  They could easily spare the assets for Williams.  

Of course, the problem for all of these teams would be making the cap work, especially if he still wants that huge deal. 

I'll be shocked if Jason Peters doesn't end up in Tampa. An Old LT protecting an old Qb as they try to win another super bowl before they retire just makes the most sense to m. Peters and Williams are about equal, it doesn't make sense for the Bucs to give up a high draft pick and pay twice as much money for Trent when they could not give up a pick and pay 1/2 for Peters.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'll be shocked if Jason Peters doesn't end up in Tampa. An Old LT protecting an old Qb as they try to win another super bowl before they retire just makes the most sense to m. Peters and Williams are about equal, it doesn't make sense for the Bucs to give up a high draft pick and pay twice as much money for Trent when they could not give up a pick and pay 1/2 for Peters.

Things could play out in a variety of ways, that's why I have the Ravens as a mystery/darkhorse team.  We will have to see.