Seven Rounds w Trades, post FA and Combine, Mr Fluffles V2

mr fluffles

32. Kansas City - Jaylon Johnson, CB
63. Kansas City - Jordan Elliott, IDL
96. Kansas City - Antonio Gibson, WR/RB
138. Kansas City -  Shane Lemieux, IOL
177. Kansas City - David Woodward, LB

You clearly have an idea of the teams needs. Though I would quibble with the priority and the players selected, this is a good draft. The one major change I would make is to grab Albert Okwuegbunam at #96. Travis Kelce is now 30 and his eventual replacement is more of a concern than adding a fast RB to a team that already has one. Gibson's pass catching skills would be very handy, but not enough to pass a high upside player like AO. 

Since you are doing trades, have the Chiefs trade the last pick of the first round. Someone will want to grab a QB ahead of Cincinnati. For example, Miami could trade #39, #56 and #141 for #32 and #63. Incidentally, this would give Miami four picks in the first round, tying the Jets for the record.

J

Edited by onejayhawk

3.  Tua - The pick is a no-brainer.  2 2nd rounders seems a reasonable premium to go up 2 spots and take him if the medicals check out.

18.  Andrew Thomas - Another no-brainer if he's there.  

26.  D'Andre Swift - I would rather wait on RB, since Howard is signed for 2 years.   

39.  Antoine Winfield Jr. - Love this pick.  Fits a need and I think this kid is gonna be a baller.

70.  Julian Okwara - I get the value there, but Tyler Biadasz is available at this pick and fills a tremendous need for this team.  

141. Devin Duvernay - I like this pick.  I want the Fins to pick up a slot WR and Duvernay is exactly that.  Allows them to dump the oft-injured Albert Wilson and save a bunch of money.

I'm not going to nitpick 5th-7th round picks.  All in all, I wouldn't be upset at all with your draft for the Fins.  Good job.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:14 PM, INbengalfan said:

Great effort on seven rounds and explanations.  Love it for the Bengals.  The only pick I'd change is taking Tyler Bass in the sixth.  Not sure why the team seems to like Bullock so much.

I think I might switch positions in 2 and 3, instead of Jackson/Pittman I might prefer Mims/Wonogho.

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

I would disagree on some of the player values, but the Titans draft is pretty dang solid.  DL and CB are the biggest needs right now, and you covered those in the first three rounds.

OT is less of a need than it used to be, but I would not be surprised at all to see the Titans grab another guy to compete.  RB makes sense too, though I think that's a little early for them.

Only beef would be the taking of an ILB.  Titans are stacked there right now, so it seems unlikely.  They also need a backup QB, and could use some better pass rushers now (depth not an issue, they need impact guys), and better depth at WR/TE (you covered that already, but in case you do another one).  They also need a kicker, but it seems unlikely that they'd spend a draft pick on that.

Overall, great job!

Would love to hear where some of the player values are off.  Especially for some of the Day 3 guys. I tried to be predictive, so its not always where I value players either.  

6 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I'm not upset. I only said that the value is off (15 and 46 thats too much) But I said Simmons would be a heck of a pick. 

According to the trade value chart, its slightly in the Jags favour.. but I figure if you see a guy like this falling, who is almost consensus top 5 talent, then Denver could reason that they are trading up into the top 5 :D

Your DEN trades don't make sense. First one, DEN is definitely overpaying for a player who isn't a big need for us , perhaps sencond tier need but this is a "we're ready to compete" move and the Broncos aren't there yet. The second trade for an OT they'd really have to like him to move up and I see as much value (probably more) by NOT moving up for what would be a backup. Heck, if we didn't make the first trade we could get Andrew Thomas who is one of the BEST OT's in the draft. 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If they're picking a WR, I think it's going to be Denzel Mims.  Reagor would be the smallest WR they've drafted since Randall Cobb.  And LaFleur prefers bigger WRs.

But don't the Packers need something a little different than the Denzel Mims prototype?  That's all they've seemed to have over the last few years.   I figured you already have your size with Valdez-Scandling, Funchess, Lazard and even Adams but a speedy receiver who could line up at X and Y would really add another dimension to this offense.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

32. Kansas City - Jaylon Johnson, CB
63. Kansas City - Jordan Elliott, IDL
96. Kansas City - Antonio Gibson, WR/RB
138. Kansas City -  Shane Lemieux, IOL
177. Kansas City - David Woodward, LB

You clearly have an idea of the teams needs. Though I would quibble with the priority and the players selected, this is a good draft. The one major change I would make is to grab Albert Okwuegbunam at #96. Travis Kelce is now 30 and his eventual replacement is more of a concern than adding a fast RB to a team that already has one. Gibson's pass catching skills would be very handy, but not enough to pass a high upside player like AO. 

Since you are doing trades, have the Chiefs trade the last pick of the first round. Someone will want to grab a QB ahead of Cincinnati. For example, Miami could trade #39, #56 and #141 for #32 and #63. Incidentally, this would give Miami four picks in the first round, tying the Jets for the record.

J

Thanks.  I was actually trying to trade that pick given how the board played out for KC, but couldn't really find the type of player that any team would trade up for.  Obv I dont think Eason would be that attractable.  I was thinking Austin Jackson but there weren't many teams left who had a surefire need for a LT (except the Skins who pick next in the 3rd)

8 minutes ago, mr fluffles said:

Thanks.  I was actually trying to trade that pick given how the board played out for KC, but couldn't really find the type of player that any team would trade up for.  Obv I dont think Eason would be that attractable.  I was thinking Austin Jackson but there weren't many teams left who had a surefire need for a LT (except the Skins who pick next in the 3rd)

Pass rush is good for that. Lewis and Baun are still on the board. 

Another way to look at it is for positions with few players left near the top of the board. 

On 3/28/2020 at 12:47 PM, mr fluffles said:

54. Buffalo  - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

I'll take this all day everyday and twice on Sundays.

86. Buffalo - Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame

Draft crush. Yes please!

128. Buffalo - Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF

Him or Antonio Gandy-Golden make a lot of sense.

155. Buffalo (From Cleveland) -   Trevis Gibson, Edge, Tulsa 

Would like to address DE before this but it is hard to argue with the top 3 selections. Gipson is a solid choice.

188. Buffalo (From Cleveland) -  Nate Stanley, QB, Iowa 

I am willing to bet good money that this pick is Shaquille Quarterman. 

207. Buffalo (From Baltimore) –  Colton McKivitz, OT, West Virginia 

I  like the idea of adding depth to the OL. Even if it is late.

239. Buffalo (From Minnesota)-  Javaris Davis, CB, Auburn

Works for me. Though a Punter/Kicker wouldn't be the worst thing either.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this Bills draft.