Seven Rounds w Trades, post FA and Combine, Mr Fluffles V2

mr fluffles

I prefer Wills but still would love Wirfs as a a Giant. But  I've read comments on other threads and this one before regarding Wirfs and his versatility. With the #4 pick the Giants are drafting a LT. If Wirfs can't handle it and he moves to Guard, unless he is "Quenton Nelson/All-Pro," then drafting him at 4 was a bad move.   It shouldn't be a reason why you take him. 

Secondly, The Giants lost their center late last year Halapio. That guy taken in rd 5 is hihgly questionable if he could even make it. I would have gone rd 3 99th pick Ben Bredeson. 

I would've changed 5th an 6th rounds too. I would have gone all defense. But anyhow -

Great Job! 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 7:14 PM, INbengalfan said:

Great effort on seven rounds and explanations.  Love it for the Bengals.  The only pick I'd change is taking Tyler Bass in the sixth.  Not sure why the team seems to like Bullock so much.

I'd rather have Mims and Wanogho than Jackson and Pittman

Completely agree about Bass in the 6th.  Get that rocket leg to replace Bullock.

On 28/03/2020 at 3:00 PM, C-hokie-ole said:

I do not know how the Denver boys are going to react to the Simmons pick.  I am not saying I dislike it but it does not address the needs at wr or ot.

The value of the trade seems pretty off and I don't like the WR that we got later.

That said, Simmons would be a heck of a pick. Even tho If we trade up, I bet is for Ruggs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

The value of the trade seems pretty off and I don't like the WR that we got later.

That said, Simmons would be a heck of a pick. Even tho If we trade up, I bet is for Ruggs.

I don't get how anyone could be upset with Simmons as a pick, he's the best player in the draft in my opinion (taking out QB, because when you need a franchise QB, that trumps everything).  Upset at what you have to give up?  Sure, but I'd take Simmons over Ruggs 100 times out of 100.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't get how anyone could be upset with Simmons as a pick, he's the best player in the draft in my opinion (taking out QB, because when you need a franchise QB, that trumps everything).  Upset at what you have to give up?  Sure, but I'd take Simmons over Ruggs 100 times out of 100.

I'm not upset. I only said that the value is off (15 and 46 thats too much) But I said Simmons would be a heck of a pick. 

That said, I think Elway will target WRs early and Ruggs is his top target. If he trade up (i think it will) will probably be for Ruggs. There is a lot of rumors that Denver likes Jeremy Chinn enought to take him at 46. There are others LB they could target after (Logan Wilson for an exemple) and Elway never target LBs this early.

Again I'll not be upset with Simmons, just don't think it is what Elway will do.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:47 PM, mr fluffles said:

TRADE: Baltimore sends #28 and #92 to the Eagles for #21 
21. Baltimore (from Philadelphia) - Patrick Queen, LB, LSU - With none of the big 3 WRs or top CBs on the board, the Eagles make a small trade with the pick-rich Ravens, who move up to secure the best ILB in the draft. 

55. Baltimore (From Atlanta via New England) - Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame - Leave it to Baltimore to trade a TE to acquire this pick, only to select a younger, more dynamic prospect with the selection. 

60. Baltimore  - Matt Hennessy, IOL, Temple - Henessy has opened some eyes throughout the post-season process.  His toughness and versatility fits the Ravens mold and he may get first shot at replacing Marshal Yanda on the interior.  

*106. Baltimore - Logan Stenberg, IOL, Kentucky - the Ravens double dip at their IOL with a versatile mauler, to add depth the interior and continue to maintain a dominant offensive line. 

129. Baltimore (From New England) - Jason Stowbridge, Edge, North Carolina  - Stowbridge is the classic Ravens EDGE rusher - he may not be a quick twitch rusher but wins with power and has the versatility to play many positions across the front 7.  

*143. Baltimore - Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty  - Gandy-Golden gives the Ravens a big bodied receiver and some depth at the position this offense lacked last season. 

157. Baltimore (From Atlanta) -  Tanner Muse, S, Clemson   

225. Baltimore (From NY Jets) - Rico Dowdle, RB, South Carolina 

*Comp Pick 

Can't really complain about too much here, very plausible direction for our draft to go. The one I probably have the most doubts on is Kmet at 55, while we do love ourselves some TE's, I think we're looking for someone who can contribute more right away with that pick. The entire reason Hurst was expendable was because there weren't enough snaps to go around with Andrews and Boyle in front of him. 55 is a great spot to grab whichever of the talented wideouts ends up slipping because there's so many of them, so I think Tee Higgins is probably a better pick for us there, with Kmet moreso being a guy we'd be going after if he was there in the 3rd round or so and it's an obvious value pick. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

A lot of work went into this!  Thank you for easing the bordom....  I would prefer a trade back for Tampa Bay.  We need O-Line help and a Round 4 prospect just won't cut to try and protect TB 12 (IMO).  I think if we don't grab an O-Lineman in round one Round 2 is ALMOST certain.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, mr fluffles said:

30. Green Bay  - Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU - The Packers have been missing a dynamic speed element to their WR group for years now.  Reagor is also and advanced route runner who should only increase their already productive passing game. 

If they're picking a WR, I think it's going to be Denzel Mims.  Reagor would be the smallest WR they've drafted since Randall Cobb.  And LaFleur prefers bigger WRs.

62. Green Bay  -  Raekwon Davis Alabama, IDL, Alabama  - The Packers run defense really struggled last year in Mike Pettine's attacking upfield scheme.  The Packers hope that Davis could regain his 2018 form that saw him discussed as a potential top ten prospect had he have come out a year earlier. 

Not really a fan of a two-down DL.  Value isn't awful, but I'd like a guy with a bit more ability to push the pocket.  Don't see how they'd pass on Delpit.  Value is insane here.

94. Green Bay - Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming - The Packers have a few stopgap options to replace Blake Martinez, but Wilson might trump them all early on.  He has solid two down traits but also showed better than expected speed at the combine. 

Meh.  Probably a tad early for him.  Charles out of LSU or Peart from UConn are the likely choices here.

136. Green Bay - Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue  - The Packers have been scouting the TE market this offseason.  Hopkins is a pass catcher through and through, and will compete with Jace Sternberger for a role in this high-flying offense. 

Solid pick I suppose.

175. Green Bay - Justin Herron, OT, Wake Forest 

Probably already went OT earlier.  David Woodward probably makes a bit more sense here.