Packerraymond Mock Finishing the Off-season V3

Packerraymond

7 hours ago, Joe said:

The Jonah Jackson pick is the worst and it may be a worse pick than Richard Rodgers at that slot. Jackson's a one-year wonder who struggled mightily against Clemson. Horrible reach there IMHO and if you're looking for a Center go with Tyler Biadsz. I know The Draft Network is high on Jackson's potential having him at 57 on their big board, but even they're saying he's a Day 3 pick if you read the write-ups. There are better, more proven prospects at that point in the draft and you're addressing a position that could be addressed in the next draft if necessary. I'll follow Zierlein's analysis on this one, which isn't too far off of TDN's.

Just watched the Clemson tape. Not sure what you saw? I count one pressure on a missed stunt pickup of Simmons and like 1.5 bad runs. Against that front 7, that's definitely more of a win or draw than "struggled mightily."

We already have Claypool on the roster (Lazard).

I know the Packers like their bigger WRs. But man it'd sure be nice if they didn't pigeon hole the position like they do. I'd be nice to get a quick slot guy to throw into the mix. 

6 hours ago, Slinky said:

We already have Claypool on the roster (Lazard).

I know the Packers like their bigger WRs. But man it'd sure be nice if they didn't pigeon hole the position like they do. I'd be nice to get a quick slot guy to throw into the mix. 

Could be, that quicker slot guy is going to have to be a tough SOB like Cobb though if he's going to get to hang out in there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Could be, that quicker slot guy is going to have to be a tough SOB like Cobb though if he's going to get to hang out in there. 

Possible but Claypool is a pretty interesting player ... not concerned if the slot guy has blazing speed.  Don't care if he's 6'4",  the slot has to have quickness, can catch the ball and take getting his butt smacked. 

@Packerraymond - thought came to me while reading this. DK Metcalf with better hands. As much as any such comparison can be made...close?

DK wasnt reknowned coming out of college for his route running - but I think Claypool probably runs more routes......
And Metcalf certainly wasnt touted for his hands....but of the video that I've watched, Claypool looks much more refined in that area.... Cant say how they match up speed-wise.....but suspect DK is faster in a straight line.....

Call him raw, call him “too big” whatever you wish, Claypool is a perfect mesh of both Gute’s desire for elite physical tools mixed with LaFleur’s desire for WR’s who do all the extra stuff you don’t see on SportsCenter. Obviously at his size, he’s a bully out there, you can’t jam him, you can’t get him off his line in the route, he can play outside or slot. He’s going to be a guy I feel very strongly we’ll have graded highly. Excellent blocker. The cons to his game are obviously the lack of wiggle, just always going to be the case for 6’3+ 220+ pound receivers, they have to find other ways to separate. He’s not a super refined route runner either, he’ll need some coaching there. The WR room continues to look like a group of small forwards, and now that we’re starting to get enough data on Gute and LaFluer, maybe that’s exactly how they want it.

Edited by Leader

17 hours ago, Leader said:

The WR room continues to look like a group of small forwards, and now that we’re starting to get enough data on Gute and LaFluer, maybe that’s exactly how they want it.

Give us an Allen Iverson in KJ Hamler please. 

On 3/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, Packerraymond said:

Damon Harrison DT Detroit Lions (1/4m): Snacks is signed to eat space and help us stop the run. He’s been a monster here his entire career and is probably the most valuable FA left we could bring in.

He told the detroit press he was considering retirement, but sometimes that's just exhaustion at the end of a long, tough season
“My mind state is telling me I can do it, but my body is just not there.”

"After missing most of training camp and the preseason with injuries, Harrison’s body never fully bounced back. He was on every injury report — often listed with three injuries — dating back to Week 8, often requiring a rest day in order to allow his body to recover. "

Good luck to him either way

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

He told the detroit press he was considering retirement, but sometimes that's just exhaustion at the end of a long, tough season
“My mind state is telling me I can do it, but my body is just not there.”

"After missing most of training camp and the preseason with injuries, Harrison’s body never fully bounced back. He was on every injury report — often listed with three injuries — dating back to Week 8, often requiring a rest day in order to allow his body to recover. "

Good luck to him either way

He since told everyone he plans to play again this year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 10:23 AM, Packerraymond said:

Damon Harrison DT Detroit Lions (1/4m): Snacks is signed to eat space and help us stop the run. He’s been a monster here his entire career and is probably the most valuable FA left we could bring in. Base downs/run heavy personnel situations a DL of Clark-Harrison-Lancaster could be dominant. Harrison was cut by Detroit so no effect to the comp formula, our picks for Fackrell/Goodson stay intact.

IT IS TIME

....but I think its gonna cost more than 4  due to competition for his services

Really enjoy this mock also, had something very similar in mind, only real difference was Zack Baun as the 1st pick--really think he would be a valuable addition. My thought process is ILB on run downs with Kirksey and then on passing down him, gary, preston, Z, with Kenny either getting in for a rest or rotating with any of the others. Baun I would think would be limited to Edge on passing, where the other four could almost play any spot along the line.