NFL Late Bloomers in 2020

SteelKing728

Over the years, we've seen Gary Barnidge, Lorenzo Alexander, Breshad Perriman, and this past season we had Shaq Barrett and Ryan Tannehill bloom as legit NFL talent.

With the 2020 season arriving, who will be this seasons 'late bloomer'?

Edited by SteelKing728
If you know what I mean ;) lol

30 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Over the years, we've seen Gary Barnidge, Lorenzo Alexander, Breshad Perriman, and this past season we had Shaq Barrett and Ryan Tannehill bloom as legit NFL talent.

With the 2020 season arriving, who will be this seasons 'late bloomer'?

Tyler Higbee was a late bloomer this year, as well. Todd Gurley has been calling him "Lil' Baby Gronk" since 2016, but he was mostly just an athletic blocker until the second half of this season. Austin Hooper was well-regarded around the league, but only had average or below-average production each season until this year.

I think tight ends are always a good bet. With that said, I think one of OJ Howard, Gerald Everett, or David Njoku has a monster season this year. Like, at least 300 yards and a couple TDs higher than their career high. Are they all well-regarded? Yes, much like Higbee and Hooper, who were the TE2 and TE3 in 2016. I'm leaning towards Howard to be the one to have the best season, but he's playing for Bruce Arians, so...