NFL Late Bloomers in 2020

SteelKing728

40 minutes ago, Drained said:

If Will Fuller is healthy, I expect him to fully "bloom" into a legitimate #1 receiver. Fast, good hands and reliable. 

you know i was going to post something facetious like "yeah and next to hopk-" but then i realised nah that's super mean and @ET80 will ban me for it too

6 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

you know i was going to post something facetious like "yeah and next to hopk-" but then i realised nah that's super mean and @ET80 will ban me for it too

It is what it is - the stone that topples BoB. I'll buy into that.

On 28/03/2020 at 9:23 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I think Winston would have been very good in Arians' scheme Year 2.  But since he's no longer an option, I'll go with Nelson Agholor.

I really like him in Gruden's system. We don't have a true #1, and I've never been sold on Tyrell Williams as much more than a 1 trick pony. I wouldn't be surprised to see Agholor essentially operating as our #1 WR option early while someone else gets broken in. Based on cost-upside, it's my favorite FA move by the Raiders in a few years. 

Very good pick, my friend. 

• Like 1

Solomon Thomas will take a step forward next year 

He is a tweener that has been playing out of position for his whole career. He was never a 43 DE but that's where we had him for lack of better options. Now that he should be playing exclusively on the inside, I expect him to play better. 

He will never be worth the #3 overall pick, but I expect him to take a massive step forward this year 

• Like 1

Former Giants high draft picks Ereck Flowers and Eli Apple both have had their shares of disappointing seasons but have some traits that if it clicks it could work and have reasonable paths to starting gigs.

Not as long a period of time, but another high draft pick that hasn't lived up to expectations yet that has a clearer path to some play time is Solomon Thomas after the Colts traded for Buckner. He dealt with his family tragedy early in his career and then was on a loaded line, but this year could emerge -- maybe.

A guy that wasn't a very high draft (he was a second rounder) pick and hasn't really done anything to this point but has a shot is Cody Latimer. He signed with the Skins and might be able to get play time there. Finally got some starts under his belt last year with an injury plagued Giants team, with an offseason (if it happens I guess?)if he can beat out  Kelvin Harmon maybe he could get 70 catches for 1000 or something similar opposite Terry McLaurin.

Edited by Trojan

On 3/30/2020 at 4:51 AM, Trojan said:

Former Giants high draft picks Ereck Flowers and Eli Apple both have had their shares of disappointing seasons but have some traits that if it clicks it could work and have reasonable paths to starting gigs.

Not as long a period of time, but another high draft pick that hasn't lived up to expectations yet that has a clearer path to some play time is Solomon Thomas after the Colts traded for Buckner. He dealt with his family tragedy early in his career and then was on a loaded line, but this year could emerge -- maybe.

A guy that wasn't a very high draft (he was a second rounder) pick and hasn't really done anything to this point but has a shot is Cody Latimer. He signed with the Skins and might be able to get play time there. Finally got some starts under his belt last year with an injury plagued Giants team, with an offseason (if it happens I guess?)if he can beat out  Kelvin Harmon maybe he could get 70 catches for 1000 or something similar opposite Terry McLaurin.

I really thought Latimer was one of the safest picks coming out of the draft. I didn't think he would be a star but I thought for sure he would give you 500 to 600 yards a year as a solid number 2.