Reaching out, and not touching someone...

vike daddy

On 4/4/2020 at 9:22 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I met Emma Watson here in pittsburgh going to a Rocky Horror Picture Show.

It all happened because I accidently went to the top balcony and was standing right next to her haha.

I also met Andy Grammar before he was a big star at a college in West Virginia, but that memory is a bit...fuzzy. Haha

I still can't get past the fact that I was nearly 30 years old when she first appeared in Harry Potter.  I think that's a violation of some code.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 3:34 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Honestly, I thought she was pretty ordinary looking since i didn't immediately recognize her.

giphy.gif

haha

Yeah there are pretty girls all around the world famous or not.  She is not ordinary though, bet it was a dark room and your 'right next to her' was probably like 20 feet ;o)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I met Carl Eller one time at the Mall of America.  Cool guy, but he wasn't very pretty.  Hahaha.

Small World!!  In 1971 I rented a room from Carl Eller's Aunt.  I stayed there a year. 

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 2

Back with another update on everyone's favorite hatchet-wielding uncle! Buck's screen name, as you might have guessed, comes from the title character in one of John Candy's most beloved movies. He enjoys a good cigar and is protective of his younger relatives, whom he occasionally babysits.

Although he witnessed a golden age of classic hard rock--Led Zeppelin, ACDC and such--Buck was drawn to "that old time rock and roll" and still loves it today. Elvis Presley's early recordings left a great impression on him, especially the Sun Sessions of 1954. He joined a record club at 13, so we both became fans of the King at a similar age.

Buck is a longtime fan who claims to rival Vike Daddy in seniority, and like me he is skeptical about the direction of the Vikings. Letting Diggs and Xavier go is understandable, he agrees, but how does extending Cousins fit into the equation? If Kirk is going to take us all the way, he'll need some better pieces around him, and that means scoring big in the draft.

I'll be back with more info later, possibly including the details of his meeting with Carl Eller! They may or may not have teamed up on a covert operation for the CIA. If they didn't, I'm just letting my imagination run away with me; if they did, I may have already said too much. O.o

Edited by y*so*blu