Ravens sign former Bronco DE Derek Wolfe

Ray Reed

16 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yup, can't believe it. Makes you wonder why the Broncos wouldn't re-sign him at this price though? Could be a durability thing.

I think a lot of it is just wanting to start afresh culturally. I love Wolfe - he speaks his mind, but him and Chris Harris were constantly trying to compare our new team to the Superbowl team.

It's a new team, new guys, new culture. Hope Wolfe has a great year; I think he's a great fit in Baltimore.

• Like 4

On 3/28/2020 at 6:42 PM, AngusMcFife said:

I thought Brockers was a clear upgrade from Wormley. 

Wormley + comp pick         vs.          Derek Wolfe 

seems like a wash. Yes Wolfe is more productive, but he's more injury prone, a bit more expensive, and we lose a comp pick. 

On 3/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, Ray Reed said:

True but we flipped a 7th to a 5th in the Worm trade

I would also add that there's an increased chance of that comp pick being recovered on the back end considering this is a one-year deal. On a 3-year deal with Brockers, there's always that potential for him being cut in year-3. Barring injury or incredible decline in play, I would think Wolfe plays another season after 2020.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/03/derek-wolfe-ill-show-ravens-im-worth-a-longer-stay/

If there was any team I wanted to be with, it was the Ravens,” Wolfe said. “To me, it wasn’t about the money. It was about the team. They gave me their best offer and I said, ‘Yeah, let’s do it. I’ll come in there on a one-year deal, and I’ll show you guys that I’m worth extending for a couple of more years.’ I got a lot of football left in me.”

• Like 5