Mock 4 Thought

BigC421/

With the first couple waves of FA in the books thought I’d throw together a quick somewhat outside the box mock.  Going to show some work on who available and why.

1. Joe Burrow - Bengals

2. Chase Young -Skins

3. Tua Tagaviaola - Jags

Jags play possum up until draft getting feel for what others are throwing out there.  Miami refuses to come off 18 and 9,20 and 73 ends up getting the job done.  

4. Jeff Okudah- Giants 

I think Giants just bpa even though no one seems to have him on there radar

5. Justin Herbert - Phins

6. Jordan Love - Chargers

Gut feeling tells me McShays over confidence in Love going first is he knows the Chargers prefer Love

7. Isaiah Simmons- Panthers

I’m really not sure what the Panthers are up too.  Given the length of Rhules contract I would have though complete rebuild and probably trade McCaffrey but bringing in Bridgewater to dwell in mediocrity is a head scratcher.  I’m guessing Rhule just wants to add fast aggressive playmakers to his D and look who’s there

8.  Mechi Becton- Cards

9. Andrew Thomas- Lions

Pretty fill in your choice of the big 4 here.  I like Thomas personally although I still need to watch more of Wills.  Thomas has prototype LT skills.  Very natural in his pass pro. Slides out well and pushes speed rushers up field.  Tyron Smith potential.  Part of still thinks these jokers think they can just coach up a bunch of solid talent into a good enough defense.  

10. Jedrick Wills- Browns

11. Tristan Wirfs- Jets

12. Jerry Juedy- Raiders 

13. Derrick Brown- 49ers

Imagine this!! Potential talent on board in this years draft gives the 49ers a perfect chance to replace there 2 biggest loses with 1st rders on rookie deals.  Lamb or Ruggs to replace Sanders would be really tempting but Brown in the middle of that dline is to good for Lynch to pass

14. Javon Kinlaw - Lions

With the big 4 OTs all gone TB is looking to move down and go with a quantity approach to filling there oline needs. Kinlaw is a Chris Jones or Richard Seymour type player that can move up and down the line.  Fits the scheme perfectly. Lions package 2 of the Jags picks 20 & 73 while throwing in a 6th next year to finish the deal. 

23. Yuter Gross-Matos-Lions

Who know what BB has planned but if his plan is to prove he can win a SB without TB12 he’s going to be patient, mentally commit to another 5 years or so and rebuild this roster. Guessing there’s no single player on the board at 23 he see’s changing his fortune.  Mean while BQ wants to win now and save his job so he’s willing to trade another future pick to get another starter.  35, 109 and next years 3rd.  

Gross-Matos is another real nice scheme fit in a class completely deprived of edge players.  He has the length, speed and athleticism to edge rush but still has the strength and plays with leverage to anchor.  

67. Cameron Dantzler- Lions

One of my favorite corners in this draft on film. Slow 40 time has dropped him into this range and some Lions fans will get a Tabor 2.0 feel but I still like what I see.  Long natural playmaker.  Press man skills, headsy and great ball skills.  Willing tackler.  Just a natural football player.

85. Ben Brendenson- Lions

Just a real steady solid consistent player.  Very Glasgow esq. tons of experience and while upside is probably limited this is the type of guy who comes in and competes for a spot from day one, no one complains about and before you know it his rookie deals up and someone’s offering him 10+ mil a year

149. James Proche- Lions

One of my favs right now value wise.  A lot of good wr’s are going to slide in this draft due to depth, Proche looks more like a 3rd rd guy to me but this is the range I’ve been seeing him go.  

166. Leke Fotu- Lions

Yes a 3rd dlineman,  team still needs another/depth at true nose and NE has always liked to mix in 2 nose packages.

182. Kalija Lipscomb-Lions

Talented wr that may have endured some of the worst qb play in college football history.  WR is a looming need long term he’s more than worth a shot in the 6th

235. Brandon Mann- Lions

Needs punter, why not

Did this kind of a hurry on my phone so forgive its short comings.  Not a what I would do draft necessarily and a bit unrealistic plus throwing out future picks is always kind of cheating but fully expect them to do so there it is. Just an interesting look

Overall I think BQ/MP are content with the lbers and this draft totally revamps the dline with not just talent but scheme fits.  Flowers, Hand, Williams, Kinlaw and Gros-Matos gives MP a lot of moving parts plus to immovable objects at nose.  Dantzler should compete for #2 corner out the gate. Oline suddenly looks to be a strength with big v and Thomas competing for RT and hopefully the loser sliding inside for at least a year.  How things go with Decker going foward will depend on several players evals at seasons end but there is serious elite potential in this group. Proche probably can’t beat out Amendola year 1 but I think he could step in and thrive year 2.  

• Like 3

If we came out of this with Thomas and Kinlaw. I’d be happy. Although, I will say I was heartbroken to see Becton go one pick earlier, but I think Thomas is going to be good. Kinlaw is probably my fourth or fifth player on my board in this draft.

The moves felt surprisingly realistic (for how unconventional they seem to be). The OT thing underwhelms me a bit, but finishing with Kinlaw, Gross-Matos, Dantzler and Bredeson is really strong. Picks like that make the Thomas pick appear pretty smart: Bredeson at LG and Vaitai at RG could give us a good OLine.

Has a realistic vibe to it. Although not my first choice, I could see it working out. Nice mock.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

So what would the line look like?

lt Thomas

lg Dahl/brederson

c ragnow

rg hv

rt decker

Yeah, either Thomas at LT or starting off at RT, with the established Decker holding down the LT spot. It also allows us to transition away from Decker (if they can't come to a deal).

• Like 1