Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Madmike90

Post Combine Mock 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Bears trade #50 to Detroit for #67, #85 & #182

I’d take that.  Not sure Detroit would.  

Detroit isn't trading with us for any reason. Unless we offered them Mack for a seventh, or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If you're an undersized limited athlete your technique needs to be exceptional every rep to make up for those limitations.

I think your maybe overestimating the size and athlete ability limitations Harris has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Detroit isn't trading with us for any reason. Unless we offered them Mack for a seventh, or something. 

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Why?

Trades with divisional rivals rarely happen. The teams don't want to help their direct opposition out in any way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think your maybe overestimating the size and athlete ability limitations Harris has.

He looks athletic against Pac 12 defenses.

His testing was downright bad.

6’1” is tiny. I am not sure you will find more than a tiny number of NFL OLmen who are thriving at that height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Trades with divisional rivals rarely happen. The teams don't want to help their direct opposition out in any way. 

The Lions trades with the Vikings last season in the 3rd...I don't see it being a stretch that they would do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He looks athletic against Pac 12 defenses.

His testing was downright bad.

6’1” is tiny. I am not sure you will find more than a tiny number of NFL OLmen who are thriving at that height.

If he looked athletic against Pac 12 defences then I don't care how he tested...like I said the guy is a football player...

There are certainly less OL in the NFL who are around that height...Shaq Mason stands out...but honestly 1 or 2" difference doesn't worry me...it's like when people said you had to be at least 6-2" to play QB...the NFL is changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If he looked athletic against Pac 12 defences then I don't care how he tested...like I said the guy is a football player...

There are certainly less OL in the NFL who are around that height...Shaq Mason stands out...but honestly 1 or 2" difference doesn't worry me...it's like when people said you had to be at least 6-2" to play QB...the NFL is changing.

My issue is it is changing the wrong direction for midget OLmen.

Taller, longer, more athletic DLmen are moving inside as teams pass more and pass rush becomes more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My issue is it is changing the wrong direction for midget OLmen.

Taller, longer, more athletic DLmen are moving inside as teams pass more and pass rush becomes more important.

Being 303lbs is not being a midget...and like I said 1 or 2" really just doesn't matter to me especially at centre where leverage & footwork are so important...two things Harris excels at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Being 303lbs is not being a midget...and like I said 1 or 2" really just doesn't matter to me especially at centre where leverage & footwork are so important...two things Harris excels at.

They aren’t starting a rookie at C with no offseason. He is starting out at RG.

James Daniels flopped at it after a full season in the system. They aren’t handing the job to a rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

They aren’t starting a rookie at C with no offseason. He is starting out at RG.

James Daniels flopped at it after a full season in the system. They aren’t handing the job to a rookie.

There have been plenty of rookie starters at centre...that isn't even an issue under normal circumstances...with what is going on things might be more difficult but there is so much unknown at this point we can't rule out or in anything...one thing is for sure...I would much rather draft a guy to play centre than keep Whitehair there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

There have been plenty of rookie starters at centre...that isn't even an issue under normal circumstances...with what is going on things might be more difficult but there is so much unknown at this point we can't rule out or in anything...one thing is for sure...I would much rather draft a guy to play centre than keep Whitehair there.

After the Daniels disaster my guess is no matter what you see Whitehair there.

He is probably best there as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

After the Daniels disaster my guess is no matter what you see Whitehair there.

He is probably best there as well. 

 

You can't stop putting other guys there just because Daniels didn't work out...for me Whitehair is a RG all day long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

You can't stop putting other guys there just because Daniels didn't work out...for me Whitehair is a RG all day long.

I agree, but him and Trubs have chemistry. With what seems to be a messed up/short off-season, I feel we have to keep chemistry going or else the whole offense will crap out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I agree, but him and Trubs have chemistry. With what seems to be a messed up/short off-season, I feel we have to keep chemistry going or else the whole offense will crap out.

I don't reckon that is going to matter with Tru on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×