Post Combine Mock 2020

Madmike90

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think your maybe overestimating the size and athlete ability limitations Harris has.

He looks athletic against Pac 12 defenses.

His testing was downright bad.

6’1” is tiny. I am not sure you will find more than a tiny number of NFL OLmen who are thriving at that height.

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Trades with divisional rivals rarely happen. The teams don't want to help their direct opposition out in any way. 

The Lions trades with the Vikings last season in the 3rd...I don't see it being a stretch that they would do it again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He looks athletic against Pac 12 defenses.

His testing was downright bad.

6’1” is tiny. I am not sure you will find more than a tiny number of NFL OLmen who are thriving at that height.

If he looked athletic against Pac 12 defences then I don't care how he tested...like I said the guy is a football player...

There are certainly less OL in the NFL who are around that height...Shaq Mason stands out...but honestly 1 or 2" difference doesn't worry me...it's like when people said you had to be at least 6-2" to play QB...the NFL is changing.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If he looked athletic against Pac 12 defences then I don't care how he tested...like I said the guy is a football player...

There are certainly less OL in the NFL who are around that height...Shaq Mason stands out...but honestly 1 or 2" difference doesn't worry me...it's like when people said you had to be at least 6-2" to play QB...the NFL is changing.

My issue is it is changing the wrong direction for midget OLmen.

Taller, longer, more athletic DLmen are moving inside as teams pass more and pass rush becomes more important.

49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My issue is it is changing the wrong direction for midget OLmen.

Taller, longer, more athletic DLmen are moving inside as teams pass more and pass rush becomes more important.

Being 303lbs is not being a midget...and like I said 1 or 2" really just doesn't matter to me especially at centre where leverage & footwork are so important...two things Harris excels at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Being 303lbs is not being a midget...and like I said 1 or 2" really just doesn't matter to me especially at centre where leverage & footwork are so important...two things Harris excels at.

They aren’t starting a rookie at C with no offseason. He is starting out at RG.

James Daniels flopped at it after a full season in the system. They aren’t handing the job to a rookie.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

They aren’t starting a rookie at C with no offseason. He is starting out at RG.

James Daniels flopped at it after a full season in the system. They aren’t handing the job to a rookie.

There have been plenty of rookie starters at centre...that isn't even an issue under normal circumstances...with what is going on things might be more difficult but there is so much unknown at this point we can't rule out or in anything...one thing is for sure...I would much rather draft a guy to play centre than keep Whitehair there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

There have been plenty of rookie starters at centre...that isn't even an issue under normal circumstances...with what is going on things might be more difficult but there is so much unknown at this point we can't rule out or in anything...one thing is for sure...I would much rather draft a guy to play centre than keep Whitehair there.

After the Daniels disaster my guess is no matter what you see Whitehair there.

He is probably best there as well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

After the Daniels disaster my guess is no matter what you see Whitehair there.

He is probably best there as well. 

You can't stop putting other guys there just because Daniels didn't work out...for me Whitehair is a RG all day long.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

You can't stop putting other guys there just because Daniels didn't work out...for me Whitehair is a RG all day long.

I agree, but him and Trubs have chemistry. With what seems to be a messed up/short off-season, I feel we have to keep chemistry going or else the whole offense will crap out.

10 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I agree, but him and Trubs have chemistry. With what seems to be a messed up/short off-season, I feel we have to keep chemistry going or else the whole offense will crap out.

I don't reckon that is going to matter with Tru on the bench.

• Like 1