Draft Prospect Scenarios

I was running some different scenarios in my head of who would be there at our draft pick and i just want some input from you guys

if it was between the following, who would you chose (trade backs being unavailable):

1st round

Derrick Brown / Jedrick WIlls

Javon Kinlaw / Andrew Thomas

Mekhi Becton / Javon Kinlaw

Tristan Wirfs / Jedrick Wills

K'Lavon Chiasson / Henry Ruggs

Cedee Lamb / Henry Ruggs

Mekhi Becton / Tristan Wirfs

2nd round

Jonathan Taylor / Ross Blacklock

Blacklock / Josh Jones

Josh Jones / Austin Jackson

Neville Gallimore / Blacklock

3rd round

Jacob Eason / Cam Akers

If anyone has any others feel free to post. I'm just trying to gage where you guys have certain prospects.

• Like 1

Wills. Best tackle on current ability in the class imo.

Thomas. I think Kinlaw is a little bit better but not so much that taking the Tackle is wrong.

Becton. Mammoth size is hugely appealing.

Wills. More ready than Wirfs and experienced playing RT because Tua is a leftie.

Ruggs. Chaisson reminds me of Mingo (physically weak tweener) and Ruggs’ pure speed is tantalising in the offense.

Ceedee. He’s the better player. Evans and Ceedee outside, Godwin slot. Unstoppable.

Becton. Both are freakish projects but I’ll take the monster.

Taylor. Special back. Though perhaps not actually the best fit.

Jones. Tackle wins.

Jones. Prefer him to Jackson.

Haven’t seen enough Gallimore or Blacklock to decide (I would check the spelling on this one btw!)

Akers. Eason is awful under pressure and not a natural qb. Akers is going to be brilliant.

21 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Wills. Best tackle on current ability in the class imo.

Thomas. I think Kinlaw is a little bit better but not so much that taking the Tackle is wrong.

Becton. Mammoth size is hugely appealing.

Wills. More ready than Wirfs and experienced playing RT because Tua is a leftie.

Ruggs. Chaisson reminds me of Mingo (physically weak tweener) and Ruggs’ pure speed is tantalising in the offense.

Ceedee. He’s the better player. Evans and Ceedee outside, Godwin slot. Unstoppable.

Becton. Both are freakish projects but I’ll take the monster.

Taylor. Special back. Though perhaps not actually the best fit.

Jones. Tackle wins.

Jones. Prefer him to Jackson.

Haven’t seen enough Gallimore or Blacklock to decide (I would check the spelling on this one btw!)

Akers. Eason is awful under pressure and not a natural qb. Akers is going to be brilliant.

I think i would prefer Kinlaw over Thomas honestly , i dont see that far off a drop off between Thomas and Jones

Ruggs over Chiasson i dont think i could do. I do see the Mingo comparison but i think Mingo just ruined it for all like prospects and i think Chiasson will be better in the pros

Did i misspell something? 

im surprised by Akers over Eason i think alot of guys would rather the opposite, but i would be happy either way i like both prospects

1. Wills

2. Thomas: I love this guy. He's a plug and play at either spot. Absolute roadgrader in run game. Has the feet and movement skills to be an elite LT, just needs some refinement with his hands and positioning, which are very coachable aspects. Ceiling is sky high IMO...

3. Kinlaw

4. No preference: would be a dream scenario to have choice of either

5. Ruggs

6. Ruggs

7. Wirfs

8. Taylor

9. Jones: would probably be the best value of the entire 2nd round IMO if he slipped...

10. Eason

Brown - I love Wills, but Brown is a special player in my opinion and a top-5 player in this class. 

Thomas - Im much higher on Thomas than most around here it seems. I still think he is an elite OT, and a top-10 player in this class. I have Kinlaw ranked in the same tier as Thomas, however, OT being the bigger need. 

Kinlaw - Im also much lower on Becton than most around here it seems lol. He is extremely raw in pass sets, and is going to struggle at the next level in my opinion. Especially with no rookie minicamp, I would take the more pro-ready player at this point. 

Wirfs - I had Wirfs as my #1 ranked OT for quite some time now, so I clearly am a big fan. I think his athleticism, coupled with his technical ability separates him in this OT class. He also has all-pro ability at both OG and OT in my opinion. 

Ruggs - I would love to add this dynamic piece to our offense. Assuming all the other OT are off the board. 

Ruggs - Call me crazy, but I don't have much separating Ruggs and Lamb. So I'm going to go with the better "weapon" in my opinion. Ruggs brings something to our team that we haven't had in a while and that would pair really well with Evans and Godwin. 

Wirfs - Not even close in my opinion. Wirfs is so technically ahead of Becton its really not fair. The coaching he got at Iowa just far surpasses what Becton is getting. Wirfs base, hards, and movement are all miles ahead of Wirfs at this point. 

Blacklock - He shouldnt be available at our 2nd round pick, and would be a steal if he is. Also I'm not the biggest Taylor fan. He has a ton of wear on his tires, and has MAJOR fumbling concerns. 18 fumbles in 41 games!!!! Thats a huge no no. 

Jones - I don't expect either player to be around at our 2nd round pick. But Jones is the higher rated player and the bigger need in my opinion. 

Jones - Literally the same exact answer as the last one. 

Blacklock - He is just the better player. Plain and simple. 

Akers - I dont want to bring in any competition for Brady. Want him to feel as comfortable as possible. 

Willis over Brown

Thomas over Kinlaw

Becton over Kinlaw

Taylor over Blaylock

Jones over Jackson

Akers over Eason.

Kinlaw is simply overrated in my book. If he cant time the snap count and get a good jump he is done. When double teamed in the run you rarely will see a stalemate. Rashaan Gary from Michigan type prospect. He will have similar problems with finishing plays off ending in sacks bc of his height. The other OT prospects have higher ceilings and will upgrade our rush attack day 1.

I wouldnt address a DT until round 3 or 4 the way Bowles scheme is set up. Its designed to stop the run with our lineman scrapping/stunting and our backers goin downhill. Our biggest concern on defense is the safeties...Akers has all the tools to be a good 3 down back minus the pass blocking. Eason arm talent is uncanny but if we want to win now we ought to go after 3 impact guys.

Edited by indifference

26 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

2. Thomas: I love this guy. He's a plug and play at either spot. Absolute roadgrader in run game. Has the feet and movement skills to be an elite LT, just needs some refinement with his hands and positioning, which are very coachable aspects. Ceiling is sky high IMO...

23 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Thomas - Im much higher on Thomas than most around here it seems. I still think he is an elite OT, and a top-10 player in this class. I have Kinlaw ranked in the same tier as Thomas, however, OT being the bigger need. 

9 minutes ago, indifference said:

Kinlaw is simply overrated in my book. If he cant time the snap count and get a good jump he is done. When double teamed in the run you rarely will see a stalemate. Rashaan Gary from Michigan type prospect. He will have similar problems with finishing plays off ending in sacks bc of his height. The other OT prospects have higher ceilings and will upgrade our rush attack day 1.

I wouldnt address a DT until round 3 or 4 the way Bowles scheme is set up. Its designed to stop the run with our lineman scrapping/stunting and our backers goin downhill.

you guys are really swaying me towards Thomas over Kinlaw , where i was at the opposite before , makes sense with OT being more pressing also

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

Our biggest concern on defense is the safeties...

i agree here but i have tried some scenarios where we trade back and get Delpit late in round 1 but the draft ends up feeling a little out of sorts IMO 

plus there arent that many good FS prospects either, which is what  i think we need, Whitehead is a pretty decent SS with good potential, we need a FS that can cover

• Like 2

For me drafting for the Bucs and looking at Licht s draft history:

-Brown trumps all.  Every first rd pick has been sky high ceiling with lower floors.  I think his next tier would be Becton, Kinlaw. Wirfs  and Ruggs.  I just don t think Wills, Thomas or Lamb feel like a Licht pick.  These guys are really good prospects, but how much more can they grow?  Finally Chiasson, Licht hasn t drafted a prospect in the first rd with any type of medical, IIRC.  Not all ACLs are the same, case in point Gurley.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Willis over Brown

Thomas over Kinlaw

Becton over Kinlaw

Taylor over Blaylock

Jones over Jackson

Akers over Eason.

I wouldnt address a DT until round 3 or 4 the way Bowles scheme is set up. Its designed to stop the run with our lineman scrapping/stunting and our backers goin downhill. Our biggest concern on defense is the safeties...Akers has all the tools to be a good 3 down back minus the pass blocking. Eason arm talent is uncanny but if we want to win now we ought to go after 3 impact guys.

Wow. I mean I'm no evaluator and I'm not gonna look at everyones tape, but I watched some of Kinlaw. The guy was straight dominating against tough SEC competition. He looks like a unique talent that can play inside and outside. Plus he's a good guy and has a good story. I don't think there's any way he slips to us at 14. 

16 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Wow. I mean I'm no evaluator and I'm not gonna look at everyones tape, but I watched some of Kinlaw. The guy was straight dominating against tough SEC competition. He looks like a unique talent that can play inside and outside. Plus he's a good guy and has a good story. I don't think there's any way he slips to us at 14. 

Yea that was a little harsh lol 

He did dominate at the senior bowl / east west shrine game which ever it was

But I think now , I'm only in on Kinlaw if hes BPA meaning the 4 OTs and Brown are gone