Should Pittsburgh take a chance and pursue Jamal Adams?

RamblinMan99

Simple question - why would the Jets want to do this trade? For all reasons listed by others, they're going to keep Adams, they like Adams.

Trades involve two teams coming to a consensus. The Jets would not concede to this. Full stop.

@JustAnotherFan responded very well to @RamblinMan99 response to me, but just a few small things...

RM99, I know you didnt come up with the trade idea, was just making it clear to others that I read the same article.

If you think its worth a first AND a young, quality WR for Jamal Adams, so be it.   We have too many other needs to be investing 3 first round picks AND Juju into the safety position in 2 years.    This would create another hole and leave us without yet another first round pick, just to bring in another safety we would have to pay top dollar to.

Its never going to happen, and is a terrible idea both from both teams perspectives 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

It's most likely never going to happen since Pittsburgh is just about the cheapest team in the league

What is this based on?  Or are you just "rambling" again?

We just dropped what very well couldve been a high first to get Minkah, we traded up to get Devin Bush last year, and we are constantly near the bottom of the league in cap space every year.

So please, what exactly makes them anything close to the cheapest team in the league?   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We just dropped what very well couldve been a high first to get Minkah, we traded up to get Devin Bush last year, and we are constantly near the bottom of the league in cap space every year.

So please, what exactly makes them anything close to the cheapest team in the league?   

for real

when was the last time we went into a offseason with 25+ mil in cap space and did nothing with it

57 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Maybe he was talking strictly in terms of free agency spending on other teams’ free agents? Because it does appear that you guys are very much on the lower end of that every year: 

2 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Maybe he was talking strictly in terms of free agency spending on other teams’ free agents? Because it does appear that you guys are very much on the lower end of that every year: 

Steelers prefer to pay their own talent.     Hard to go big in FA when you dont have much to spend going into it.   Doesnt make them cheap.

Honestly, Im happy we dont spend big in FA.    Sometimes Id like to, but usually when I see the type of contracts certain players get, I feel better.    A lot of highly paid FAs dont live up to their contracts.   

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Steelers prefer to pay their own talent.     Hard to go big in FA when you dont have much to spend going into it.   Doesnt make them cheap.

Honestly, Im happy we dont spend big in FA.    Sometimes Id like to, but usually when I see the type of contracts certain players get, I feel better.    A lot of highly paid FAs dont live up to their contracts.   

Yeah i’m not saying that’s the route to go as a team, just providing data to answer your question about what he could be referencing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah i’m not saying that’s the route to go as a team, just providing data to answer your question about what he could be referencing.

I know, and you're right.    

I just think its silly when people call the Steelers cheap when they spend as much on a year to year basis as pretty much any other team.

People can criticize HOW they use their money, but calling them "cheap" is just flat out false.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Can you imagine a team trading two firsts and a starting WR for two Safeties?  That would be ridiculous.  

Yeah, it would be ridiculous. In every sense of the word. 

Although the safety position in general seems to have less value to some people in this day and age,  I'm still of the opinion that having ONE really good free-safety can change the whole dynamic of a defense --- same with a good interior D player. It give DC's more flexibility in their play-calling and it gives them opportunities to be more risky at times just knowing you have a reliable player at the last line of defense who can help alleviate the disaster if things do go wrong.  

If you have a really good FS mixed a solid front-7 then you can generally get away with only having an adequate player at SS. Which is what the Steelers currently have. So there's no reason why they should spend a high valued #1 draft pick, AND top dollar to retain him, AND give up a WR with a high ceiling. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan