Redskins sign CB Ronald Darby 1 year 4 Mil

ovfd55

5 hours ago, Dutch Redskins fan said:

Good signing! I hope he can stay healthy for 14 games (don’t want to push for the full 16 😉)

CB position is still weak in my opinion. I hope they add another vet. I always liked Breeland, if they can get him on a reasonable two/three year deal they should do it

Agreed. Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite signing thus far. He is a good reclamation project. Sucks and he walks, or balls out and we can extend or let him walk.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dutch Redskins fan said:

Good signing! I hope he can stay healthy for 14 games (don’t want to push for the full 16 😉)

CB position is still weak in my opinion. I hope they add another vet. I always liked Breeland, if they can get him on a reasonable two/three year deal they should do it

I’m not so sure they add another FA.

Their top 3 corners are now Fuller, Darby and Moreau.

They also have Moreland & Stroman who flashed as rookies competing and I think they still have Danny Johnson and Simeon Thomas as 6th/7th corners who would be fighting to be one of the last players to make the roster and that’s even before the draft when we could draft someone as well.

I don’t think CB is a strength but if you’re signing Darby to start opposite Fuller/Moreau or maybe Moreland, why do we need another guy?

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not so sure they add another FA.

Their top 3 corners are now Fuller, Darby and Moreau.

They also have Moreland & Stroman who flashed as rookies competing and I think they still have Danny Johnson and Simeon Thomas as 6th/7th corners who would be fighting to be one of the last players to make the roster and that’s even before the draft when we could draft someone as well.

I don’t think CB is a strength but if you’re signing Darby to start opposite Fuller/Moreau or maybe Moreland, why do we need another guy?

Good point, I forgot Stroman.

My thinking was the following: you can never have enough good db’s. I can see injuries for the corners and see them playing Fuller in the slot, but also as safety. In my opinion Breeland is a better corner then Moreau, Stroman and others.

Last but not least: only on a reasonable deal like 8 - 10 millions for two years.

15 minutes ago, Dutch Redskins fan said:

Good point, I forgot Stroman.

My thinking was the following: you can never have enough good db’s. I can see injuries for the corners and see them playing Fuller in the slot, but also as safety. In my opinion Breeland is a better corner then Moreau, Stroman and others.

Last but not least: only on a reasonable deal like 8 - 10 millions for two years.

Yeah I agree with all that, I’m just not sure they sign another corner. I do think that Fabian Moreau is poised for a break out year based on how he played the second half of last year and I think people are sleeping on him.

I definitely would love Breeland to be re-signed, but I doubt they do it. I wanted him more than someone like Darby but to be truthful - when healthy - they're probably pretty equal players but the problem w/ Darby has been injuries and Bree hasn't had that problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Darby can be really really good. He was on his way early in his career. We will see. I’m so over players getting hurt here but I’ll hope his gamble pays off. Talent is there. When healthy he’s a different type of player. He was better then Dunny but I’d say it’s a solid replacement for equal value financially

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Darby can be really really good. He was on his way early in his career. We will see. I’m so over players getting hurt here but I’ll hope his gamble pays off. Talent is there. When healthy he’s a different type of player. He was better then Dunny but I’d say it’s a solid replacement for equal value financially

I'd rather see a drop in talent levels if we have guys who can stay healthy.  The sheer amount of injuries we've had the past couple seasons is beyond ridiculous, and bringing in more injury prone players doesn't give me much confidence in fixing that.  

21 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'd rather see a drop in talent levels if we have guys who can stay healthy.  The sheer amount of injuries we've had the past couple seasons is beyond ridiculous, and bringing in more injury prone players doesn't give me much confidence in fixing that.  

We have a new training staff, that will fix everything! No more injuries! Haha 😂