Travis Kelce

KC_Guy

THIS is a great piece of art. You need to read it. Mellinger at his best.

And if not for content .. do it for vocabulary:  "...because there would be no recidivism to talk about.  ..."

I consider myself somewhat proficient with regards to ENGLISH language ... but that was an absolutely new one for me.

I'm almost starting to get concerned that we don't have the kind of locker room that CAN reel Kelce in right now. We have some leaders, to be sure, but some of our top guys, and not just Kelce, have been pretty hot lately. Peters had a rough patch. Houston was jawing with Rivers a bit on a few plays, which in itself isn't a big problem, but he's the guy we're looking to to lead on defense especially, so we don't want him picking fights too much. Mitchell had a couple plays he was bickering with a ref as well.

Having a few guys bring that kind of energy isn't a bad thing, but I'm not sure I see an outspoken individual on the team that isn't like that right now. Berry always brought that before. I don't really see Smith or DJ as vocal leaders. So the loudest guys in the locker room are the loudest ones to the refs and opposition, which is a bit of a concern. A lot of penalties so far this season. Several of them very dumb.

HC Reid needs to take off his "players coach" hat and put on his "disciplinarian" hat. Repeating offenders drawing penalties hurt the team and help the opposition. Coach Reid can't afford to tolerate this, yet he seems to. Fine players and donate this to charity. Write them out of the game plan for a time (a half? a game? more?) and let the team know you're doing it. Discuss this in pre/post game interviews as needed to inform the fan base. A little humiliation should bring those players back down to earth and clear their head.

Archived