Darby/ Harris

Bishop86

I'm fine with the Geronimo Allison signing as WR depth.... but how did we miss out on Ronald Darby for $4 mil or Shelby Harris for $3.25 mil? I get that they have to want to sign here, but I know Harris in particular was out for the money, he couldn't be had for a $1mil more to come to Detroit?  Signings like this are what make deep, championship rosters...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bishop86 said:

I'm fine with the Geronimo Allison signing as WR depth.... but how did we miss out on Ronald Darby for $4 mil or Shelby Harris for $3.25 mil? I get that they have to want to sign here, but I know Harris in particular was out for the money, he couldn't be had for a $1mil more to come to Detroit?  Signings like this are what make deep, championship rosters...

One would have to assume they aren’t what Quinn and Patricia are looking for.

1 hour ago, Bishop86 said:

I mean, the irony of the part in bold is that one of these signings was made by the Washington Redskins...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

One would have to assume they aren’t what Quinn and Patricia are looking for.

It seems that way... but Harris played in a similar system. All scouting reports lead one to believe he was a perfect compliment to Shelton. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I mean, the irony of the part in bold is that one of these signings was made by the Washington Redskins...

So the bottom quarter of my post is what you key in on?  I said "like this" to begin with.... you're a real savage. 

6 hours ago, Bishop86 said:

So the bottom quarter of my post is what you key in on?  I said "like this" to begin with.... you're a real savage. 

I mean, that's the part I chose to respond to...

We're entering the third week of NFL free agency, yet two late depth signings made by the Redskins and Broncos are what make "championship rosters". If anyone made a thread claiming the same about Ragland or Allison, I think they'd be burnt at the stake around here.

This, I guess, is what makes me a "homer": I believe that Quinn and Patricia have a plan. After signing Shelton and Williams at the same position, it doesn't appear that Harris was part of that plan. I don't think Quinn "missed out" on him at all, and it doesn't seem like actual championship rosters were chasing him.

As for Darby: the guy has sustained a few serious injuries during his four years and hasn't completed a full season in the NFL. With some of the contracts already at the position (Trufant, Coleman), young upside guys (Oruwariye, Ford), and our draft capital, Quinn must not have felt that paying an oft-injured Darby $4M was a worthwhile investment.

Maybe the guy has a plan with that cap space. I guess we'll see.

• Like 4

Harris I agree with. He seems to be a much better player than Nick Williams and he was cheaper. I dont get it at all. Darby I would have liked as a "take a flyer" player because he is young but I am not too upset about not getting him as I am still holding out hope we sign Logan Ryan who I do not know how is still on the market.

• Like 1