(Post Yours) Mock Draft Simulator version COVID-19-stuck-in-the-house-and-bored-as-hell

JAF-N72EX

CHI 60.
Zack Baun
OLB Wisconsin
trade icon
CHI 66.
Jalen Hurts
QB Oklahoma
trade icon
CHI 92.
Adam Trautman
TE Dayton
trade icon
CHI 108.
Matt Hennessy
C Temple
trade icon
CHI 163.
Kindle Vildor
CB Georgia Southern

CHI 196.
Geno Stone
S Iowa

CHI 200.
Alex Taylor
OT SC State

CHI 226.
Thakarius Keyes
CB Tulane

CHI 233.
Trey Adams
OT Washington

I'm really sorry guys, this is turning into a bad habit: 

Edited by RunningVaccs
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:
CHI 60.
Zack Baun
OLB Wisconsin
trade icon
CHI 66.
Jalen Hurts
QB Oklahoma
trade icon
CHI 92.
Adam Trautman
TE Dayton
trade icon
CHI 108.
Matt Hennessy
C Temple
trade icon
CHI 163.
Kindle Vildor
CB Georgia Southern

CHI 196.
Geno Stone
S Iowa

CHI 200.
Alex Taylor
OT SC State

CHI 226.
Thakarius Keyes
CB Tulane

CHI 233.
Trey Adams
OT Washington

I'm really sorry guys, this is turning into a bad habit: 

No need to apologize, brother. I’m running these every damn day at this point. 

• Like 1

It looks like best draft strategy to get targeted prospects at positional need in this draft is to go OL, S with 2nd rounders, BPA with mid rounders and late round TEs and RBs which should yield best remaining athletes for special teams and potential sleepers.

I just don't know how you get a good edge player without a top pick or through FA.  It is only way.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It looks like best draft strategy to get targeted prospects at positional need in this draft is to go OL, S with 2nd rounders, BPA with mid rounders and late round TEs and RBs which should yield best remaining athletes for special teams and potential sleepers.

I just don't know how you get a good edge player without a top pick or through FA.  It is only way.  

I also like versatile OL prospects in the mid to late rounds too. Jake Hansen is a guy who can play any interior spot and may be the best option long-term at C, unless Whitehair can consistently keep his snaps down (IIRC he did well after the first game or two back at C last season, right?).

EDGE guys don't have to have production to go high, that's the big issue with trying to get them late. Even guys like Carter Coughlin have little prodution but when people see how quick he is he will get a flyer draft in the 5th at latest IMO. 

Other guys I like that I'm not seeing mentioned are -

DL/EDGE Nick Coe (McPhee clone)

LB --->SS Troy Dye (I think he could be the SS bullet we could use, has enough speed for the spot and would allow EJax to roam)

OT/OG - Calvin Throckmorton (has some dog in him that we seem to lack on our OL)

WR - Omar Bayless (won the WTF is this award after exploding his senior year)

CB - Lamar Jackson (can play the physical boundary CB or move to S)

SS- Brandon Jones (fits the pure SS role Amos did, not good in coverage but hits like a damn tank)

CB - Thakarius Keyes (physical with good size, may be able to move to FS or even SS)

DT - Rashard Lawrnece (I think he could be a stout 2-gapper but honestly I'd like to move him to OG if he fell enough)

NTs - Leki Fotu, Bravvion Roy, John Penisini (throw one more mammoth on the DL to either spell Hicks or Goldman or put over 1,000 pounds in front of Smith and DT to keep them clean - Roy may be a potential convert to IOL too)

You have any DL that you'd like to see given a shot at converting to an OL? 

Edited by Sugashane

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You have any DL that you'd like to see given a shot at converting to an OL? 

No. Don't bother.  NFL can't do it effectively because only decent reps are in camp for about 2.5 weeks.

In season they do didley squat.  It just isn't enough time to learn the nuisances of the position.  It requires live reps and lots of them.  

But if they were to figure it out or get a farm system,  I would take smartest, best athletes I could find within certain height/weight parameters for guards and tackles.  I wouldn't make any center.

AND I have only scouted like 4 - 6 college players so far this year.  Just some of guys people are talking about for Bears.

I decided Bears never take guys I want so I mostly just wait and see who they actually draft.   

All the I told ya so's mean very little.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

No. Don't bother.  NFL can't do it effectively because only decent reps are in camp for about 2.5 weeks.

In season they do didley squat.  It just isn't enough time to learn the nuisances of the position.  It requires live reps and lots of them.  

But if they were to figure it out or get a farm system,  I would take smartest, best athletes I could find within certain height/weight parameters for guards and tackles.  I wouldn't make any center.

AND I have only scouted like 4 - 6 college players so far this year.  Just some of guys people are talking about for Bears.

I decided Bears never take guys I want so I mostly just wait and see who they actually draft.   

All the I told ya so's mean very little.

nuances not nuisances

Here is my go at it guys? Tell me what you think?

CHI 43.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

CHI 61.
Lucas Niang
OT TCU
trade icon
CHI 153.
Brandon Jones
S Texas
trade icon
CHI 163.
Anthony Gordon
QB Washington State

CHI 196.
Stephen Sullivan
TE LSU

CHI 200.
Brian Herrien
RB Georgia

CHI 224.
Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan
trade icon
CHI 226.
Lamar Jackson
CB Nebraska

Bryce Huff
OLB Memphis

I did two trades down and got good value players.  I would be HYPED with this draft!
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, BlackandBluBear said:

Here is my go at it guys? Tell me what you think?

CHI 43.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

CHI 61.
Lucas Niang
OT TCU
trade icon
CHI 153.
Brandon Jones
S Texas
trade icon
CHI 163.
Anthony Gordon
QB Washington State

CHI 196.
Stephen Sullivan
TE LSU

CHI 200.
Brian Herrien
RB Georgia

CHI 224.
Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan
trade icon
CHI 226.
Lamar Jackson
CB Nebraska

Bryce Huff
OLB Memphis

I did two trades down and got good value players.  I would be HYPED with this draft!

Too OT heavy in round 2. They need some speed at WR...or a guy who doesn't suck. Go WR and OG in round 2 and then OT in round 6.

Otherwise, I somewhat like all of the following: Jones, Niang, Sullivan and Runyan.

Jackson that late would be a steal.

Henry Ruggs III
WR Alabama

Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame

Troy Dye
ILB Oregon

Brian Cole
S Mississippi State

Alex Taylor
OT SC State

Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

Chris Williamson
CB Minnesota

pfn-mock-logo-black.png

11 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:
Henry Ruggs III
WR Alabama

Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame

Troy Dye
ILB Oregon

Brian Cole
S Mississippi State

Alex Taylor
OT SC State

Jon Runyan Jr.
G Michigan

Chris Williamson
CB Minnesota

pfn-mock-logo-black.png

Yeah Henry Ruggs at 43, and I'll win the 2020 election

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think so. John Ross was never anything but fast. Ruggs is a skilled WR who also happens to have absurd speed. 

I'm reluctant based on what I've seen. He better beef up a bit without losing that first step and work with his hands because he isn't going to get away with just relying his feet at the NFL level.

Over the years we have seen how these sprinters at the combine have turned out and it's not good for WR's. Ross, Mathis, Ford, Nelson, DHB, Dude that played for Pitt (forget his name),