All In (mock inside)

VonKarman

So yeah, this is another mock, just wanted to add a different flavor in the Title so people click the link. The mock is made with the intention of winning the SB this year and to do that future resources will be spent (cap, picks).

We start with 10.7M of cap space after the Funchess signing.

FA

Tramon Williams 1Y/1.047M, 0.885 Cap Hit

Delanie Walker 1Y/2M

Tramon can still be our slot CB and if his play falls he can still play in dime/dollar packages. Delanie becomes our veteran pass catching TE. Now we have 9.1M in cap space aprox.

Trade

The Packers send Lane Taylor, MVS, a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick (7.236) for OBJ.

We get our second star reciever, no more excuses for AR. His 3 starting WR are now Adams, Beckham Jr. and Funchess. We do not have enough cap space this year. OBJ's cap hit is 14.25M and we only free up 4.1M with Lane Taylor, which would leave us with -1M in cap space aprox. So...

Restructure

Z. Smith's Roster Bonus (9.5M) is reconverted in SB, giving us 6.3M of cap space. Now we have 5.3M aprox of cap space. That means that we just have enough money to sign our draft picks.

Draft

We are still missing a starting DL. Gute starts to see how the board falls and decides to trade up:

GB sends his 2020 & 2021 1st round picks to SF for the 13th overall pick (a trade down could make a lot of sense for SF, since they have the tool to compete for many years).

1.13 Javon Kinlaw DL, South Carolina

We get a top prospect that can start contributing from day 1. No major holes in our roster are left.

3.94 Saahdiq Charles OT, LSU

This is a good OT class, and although the top guys will probably gone, we will need a developmental RT that can start either in 2021 or 2022. Saahdiq has good size and is pretty young.

4.136 Logan Wilson LB, Wyoming

We are still pretty thin at ILB, so adding another body will be pretty useful. Wilson is among the crop of LBs that will be selected between the 3rd and 5th rounds.

5.175 Albert Okwuegbunam TE, Missouri

Once a 2nd round-type prospect, his idiocy and luck of production have made him fall in the board. Gute hopes that going to church every week and to Wendy's every fortnight will help him develop the tools he has.

6.192 Lamical Perine RB, Florida

We get another RB to compete with Dexter Williams for the 3rd spot.

6.208 Kindle Vildor CB, Georgia Southern

High-Sparq guy, might help in ST.

6.209 L'Jarius Sneed S, Louisiana Tech

Same thing as above.

7.242 Dominik Eberle K, Utah State

German dude to compete with Crosby. Who knows, he might replace him at some point. Not bad to have some insurance.

So yeah, we are winning the SB with this team.

Edited by VonKarman
  • Like 1

Definitely an all in mock.  OBJ … good receiver … bigger head case.  Doesn't matter if Rodgers "connects" with him or not if he's a problem to the team as he has been to all the other teams he's been on.   Lots of risk for sure … something different. 

49 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

You really mess up with the cap. Packers need money to sign draft picks plus a min of 5 million to sign in season free agents. OBJ is a big fat can't afford so now what?

What do you mean? I restructured Z's contract to make some space. I think I explained it well. Not taking into account in season free agents. If needed, other restructures could be made. OBJ can be afforded, its just a case whether you'd like him on the team or not. I tried something different to see what type of team we would have if we used all of our bullets.

Edited by VonKarman
  • Like 1

I'm just going, to be honest here. While I do enjoy what your intentions are here, I just can't simply get on board with this mock. There are years you do this and then there are years that you don't. When you don't? Is when you got big names like Kenny Clark, David Bakhtiari, Aaron Jones, Corey Linsley & Kevin King all looking to be paid in 2021. The Salary cap is expected to jump to $230-240 Million from the $198 million it currently sits at. However, Aaron Rodgers is going to go from a $21m cap hit to a $36m cap hit (There goes nearly half of that), so between your Z restructure & taking on Odell you're tying up A LOT of that expected cap that could be used to take care of our own guys, simply for a hopeful win this season. If we don't get it? You just ****ed our franchise without delivering a Superbowl to the Packers faithful and if you do get it? You at least delivered us a Championship but you still put this team in Salary cap hell and cost us some of our own players. So, in that regard, I can't get on board with this. However, thank you for making the mock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm just going, to be honest here. While I do enjoy what your intentions are here, I just can't simply get on board with this mock. There are years you do this and then there are years that you don't. When you don't? Is when you got big names like Kenny Clark, David Bakhtiari, Aaron Jones, Corey Linsley & Kevin King all looking to be paid in 2021. The Salary cap is expected to jump to $230-240 Million from the $198 million it currently sits at. However, Aaron Rodgers is going to go from a $21m cap hit to a $36m cap hit (There goes nearly half of that), so between your Z restructure & taking on Odell you're tying up A LOT of that expected cap that could be used to take care of our own guys, simply for a hopeful win this season. If we don't get it? You just ****ed our franchise without delivering a Superbowl to the Packers faithful and if you do get it? You at least delivered us a Championship but you still put this team in Salary cap hell and cost us some of our own players. So, in that regard, I can't get on board with this. However, thank you for making the mock.

Jones and Linsley won't be resigned.

• Like 2

Nice to read something different. Because Gute will do something different. He surprised me (maybe even shocked) me with his first two 1st rounds of his career. It's almost expected that he will do something unexpected. So why not this? I hope not. Too much to spend on a off balance WR and in a year very deep with WRs, we should give up the picks. If anything, we should trade back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Jones and Linsley won't be resigned.

I'm on record saying I don't want to resign Jones, I dont believe in paying Running backs. However, even with the cap rise this mocks specific way of "win now" isnt going to cost us just Jones and Linsley. It puts our team in a bad spot and will likely cost us 1 of Bakh or Clark on top of the other names I mentioned. 

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Not sure why people want OBJ.    He would pout and become a problem when Adams gets more targets than he does.

Seems to me he is more about marketing than results.

That's my take on him too! He's more about the brand than the ball!

• Like 1