All In (mock inside)

VonKarman

Nay on OBJ for me as well. He has some amazing games and a bunch of incredible catches. He also has games where he does very little and appears almost disinterested.  We can get a guy or two in this draft who will be help this team immediately.

Reagor can play this season and catch 50 passes. He will be much cheaper, and will blossom into an impact player by his 3rd year.

You restructure which is doubtful but ok lets say you get Z to bite. You state that leaves 5.3 million or so to sign draft picks and whatever. That is not enough you are about 4 or 5 million short of where the team intends to be come start of the season. What am I missing.  

This indeed was a fun read.  No OBJ for me, but otherwise I really like this.   This team has little record of trading future high picks though, against the religion in GB.  Love who you got though.  Now ixnay on the OBJ and spend those draft picks we didn't trade away....instead

4 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

You restructure which is doubtful but ok lets say you get Z to bite. You state that leaves 5.3 million or so to sign draft picks and whatever. That is not enough you are about 4 or 5 million short of where the team intends to be come start of the season. What am I missing.  

I was not trying to do something realistic (meaning something the Packers would do), so I am not short in money. They idea was to push the team's finantial limits. I'm not in love with the OBJ trade either, but there are not many top WRs that are rumoured to be traded.

Oh, and why would Z not want to make part of his deal guaranteed without losing a buck?

Edited by VonKarman

18 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

"Hey Z, You want 6.3 million dollars today, or in a few months?"

That would be the entirety of the conversation, regarding the restructure.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 11:50 AM, gizmo2012 said:

As @AlexGreen#20 mentioned, Z would actually get his money sooner.  Secondly, it doesn't negatively affect him in any way, so why would he say no?

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

As @AlexGreen#20 mentioned, Z would actually get his money sooner.  Secondly, it doesn't negatively affect him in any way, so why would he say no?

If anything it would positively affect him for future years too. Adding more dead money to future years reduces the chance we cut him too. 6.3 isnt that much but adding another 2+ million per year in dead money narrows that gap between cost and actual savings. This isnt something he necessarily would be thinking about, 6.3 million would be on his mind, but his agent will have this crunched for sure!

Overall, on the mock offseason I would not be enraged by it, but not thrilled with it either. OBJ is a pass for me, at his current amount, if we somehow could have Cleveland absorb some of his cost (I don't think his contract is setup for this to functionally work like that) or if we get him way cheaper (i.e. cut and signed really cheap) then I would back it more. I know he is a headcase, but for a season to push the offense further it might work--overall though not a huge fan of OJB here.

Mock draft wise, I like the players we get with the first 4 picks. Kinlaw I think could be a beast next to Clark. I think he is best suited for a 4-3 but still think he could thrive next to Clark. We are giving up a lot to get him, but a late first next year isn't so bad especially if he hits!

Well it would be interesting ....

And to be fair if there was ever a year to go all-in then this might be it with Rodgers age and the various players due to expire in 21. Honestly if you do this then you are probably open to letting Bakh, Jones and co walk next year, having a full rebuild and then (assuming you pick early in 22) going for your QB of the future.

With the WR draft class, seems a bit unnecessary though. Go get one or even two of your receivers and Rodgers could well be loaded with targets again without making it all or nothing.