Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

It would be so Bucs not to draft a Qb because of the win now mentality.  Hey, let s wait because can t take too many shots at actually drafting a Qb and getting him to sign a second contract.  

We have a 43 yr old Qb who is a workout warrior, nah we re good.  

So much hate in this lol

I'm sure if someone fell we would bump on it but there just aren't alot of great guys that wont be a reach for us this year 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

It would be so Bucs not to draft a Qb because of the win now mentality.  Hey, let s wait because can t take too many shots at actually drafting a Qb and getting him to sign a second contract.  

We have a 43 yr old Qb who is a workout warrior, nah we re good.  

Let me preface by saying I agree with you @ravishingone. I think we've determined from the other threads, we both feel they should be developing a succession plan behind Brady...

However, I understand why they're not focused on it. BA and TB could care less, as neither of them will be here to deal with the transition. They're 100% committed to win now. They, IMO, will also have a large say in the roster composition and draft picks (especially in the premium rounds 1-3) used. As such, I just don't see a QB being feasible before the mid to late rounds. It's going to be up to Licht to step in and get a guy to develop in these mid-life rounds, but it's starting to sound like he may just follow suit with BA and TB...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Let me preface by saying I agree with you @ravishingone. I think we've determined from the other threads, we both feel they should be developing a succession plan behind Brady...

However, I understand why they're not focused on it. BA and TB could care less, as neither of them will be here to deal with the transition. They're 100% committed to win now. They, IMO, will also have a large say in the roster composition and draft picks (especially in the premium rounds 1-3) used. As such, I just don't see a QB being feasible before the mid to late rounds. It's going to be up to Licht to step in and get a guy to develop in these mid-life rounds, but it's starting to sound like he may just follow suit with BA and TB...

Can t disagree with anything written.  At this point, I would be satisfied even with mid rd prospect, it will just show me an understanding of the uniqueness of the situation.  

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Licht said this morning that he expects Brady to play beyond his contract. That's the mindset in the building (well scattered around in quarantine).

So it makes sense.

Only problem is if Brady's play falls off a cliff, or Nrady decides it's not happening here and then boltsxafter year two we're gonna be back to square one...

I get their thought process and agree with it to an extent (not spending a pick in round 1-3 on it), but I see no harm in investing a later pick on a developmental guy in hopes you can bring him along by then...

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Only problem is if Brady's play falls off a cliff, or Nrady decides it's not happening here and then boltsxafter year two we're gonna be back to square one...

I get their thought process and agree with it to an extent (not spending a pick in round 1-3 on it), but I see no harm in investing a later pick on a developmental guy in hopes you can bring him along by then...

We still have all next year to draft and sit a QB.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We still have all next year to draft and sit a QB.

Right, but it will probably be a lottery ticket pick like right now because they ll be drafting outside the top 10.  No harm in trying to use 2 potential lottery tickets then limiting yourself to one when the current starting QBs contract is up.  Heck, hoodie has drafted 3 Qbs with a younger Brady at the helm.  

Yo I just made a Browns mock

lets say the browns traded for Trent Williams

and let’s say 3 of the top 4 tackles are gone by pick 9 

we have pick 10. Do you think it’d be realistic for the Buccs to trade up to jump the jets and secure a tackle? And if so what would be fair compensation?

I thought your third and 5th would be fair to move up from 14 to 10 but I wanted your forums take on it. 

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

we have pick 10. Do you think it’d be realistic for the Buccs to trade up to jump the jets and secure a tackle? And if so what would be fair compensation?

I thought your third and 5th would be fair to move up from 14 to 10 but I wanted your forums take on it. 

I think it s fair compemsation.  Our GM Licht has never traded up in the first rd and this will be his sixth draft.  Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Really depends on which tackle it is for me

If its Wills or Wirfs I'd think about it 

If its the other 2 I'd rather sit and see if they fall than give up picks 

• Like 1

Just now, ravishingone said:

I think it s fair compemsation.  Our GM Licht has never traded up in the first rd and this will be his sixth draft.  Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah but y’all have never had a Tom Brady 😂 

congratulations btw

I picked up Brady like the second to last week of fantasy last season in my dynasty league. No idea he would end up a Bucc 😂 but man I’m glad I made that move. I’m excited for you guys this year but I know Arians will want to protect him which is why I think a trade up to secure one of the top 4 makes sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

So much hate in this lol

I'm sure if someone fell we would bump on it but there just aren't alot of great guys that wont be a reach for us this year 

Nope, I ve actually have been alive long enough to watch Doug Williams sign with the USFL.Oklahoma Outlaws.  Steve Yoing traded to the Niners.  

You think you know pain, I know pain. 😒  So the Qb Whisperer can t solve the long term solution for the Bucs at Qb  would just add to their history?  

Qb evalauation is such a crap shoot.  We all know in 2 yrs, a new Qb is needed.  There is no guarantee the Qb class will be better next yr.  Unless Brady gets injured early, they have no shot at Lawrwnce or Fields.   So is Qb3 and lower guaranteed to be better next season?  Rather spend a pick in the 4th rd on a Qb, then a CB to hopefully beat out Stewart or Smith.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

If there is a QB available that they think has a legitimate chance to develop into a starter, I'd say get him. I've read they like Morgan from FIU. They could use one of their 4th round picks on him. That's IF they see a future starter in him. I know Arians and Brady won't be here long term, but Licht may very well be if we make the postseason, and he would want a guy ready to roll once Brady moves on. And a young QB could do worse than learnning from Arians/Brady for a couple of years.

• Like 2