Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

Breer suggests the Bucs are looking to trade up for a tackle.  So which tackle is worthy of a trade up?  What would be fair compensation to go uo to 9?

#ItsABucsLife history lesson.  Bucs tradef up for a tackle named Kenyatta Walker out of Flotida because they were convinced he could play LT.  They left a guard from Michigan on the board Steve Hutchinson.  😪

40 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Breer suggests the Bucs are looking to trade up for a tackle.  So which tackle is worthy of a trade up?  What would be fair compensation to go uo to 9?

#ItsABucsLife history lesson.  Bucs tradef up for a tackle named Kenyatta Walker out of Flotida because they were convinced he could play LT.  They left a guard from Michigan on the board Steve Hutchinson.  😪

i doubt licht moves up but again he may just do with with a 42 year old Brady...

Andrew Thomas is the only T worth trading up. He has the best physical tools + polish of them all at LT and RT. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, indifference said:

i doubt licht moves up but again he may just do with with a 42 year old Brady...

Andrew Thomas is the only T worth trading up. He has the best physical tools + polish of them all at LT and RT. 

I m all about using Howard as trade bait.  Will that be enough to move up to 9?  Probably not, but I have little interest in giving up 45 or next yrs second to move up.  If they do move up, the prospect has to be the long term solution at LT.    I m not moving up for a guy who can t beat out D Smith.  Smith is durable and serviceable.  I don t move up for a prospect whose best two attributes are along the same line.   I trade up for a Pro Bowler not to just fill a need.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m all about using Howard as trade bait.  Will that be enough to move up to 9?  Probably not, but I have little interest in giving up 45 or next yrs second to move up.  If they do move up, the prospect has to be the long term solution at LT.    I m not moving up for a guy who can t beat out D Smith.  Smith is durable and serviceable.  I don t move up for a prospect whose best two attributes are along the same line.   I trade up for a Pro Bowler not to just fill a need.  

agreed. Thomas tested as an average athlete at his position that may or may not knock him down come draft day. Either way the eye in the sky dont lie. He is the safest T prospect IMO. I’d give a team this years third and a fourth this year. We could trade back with our second to recoup picks.

• Like 1

NBC Sports' Peter King reported a rival GM said the Patriots, "Love Justin Herbert, but enough to trade up for him?"

King also noted, "Pats do have 12 picks—second-most in the draft—for ammo, but only one of those comes in the top 85. If they want Herbert, they’d likely have to be willing to part with the 2021 first-rounder in a trove of picks."

That could really shake things up lol...

2 hours ago, indifference said:

agreed. Thomas tested as an average athlete at his position that may or may not knock him down come draft day. Either way the eye in the sky dont lie. He is the safest T prospect IMO. I’d give a team this years third and a fourth this year. We could trade back with our second to recoup picks.

I'd give my left nut for Thomas.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Gotta be one of Thomas, Wirfs or Wills. All three of these guys are plug and play at either OT spot from day one..

Becton, Jones and Jackson are all guys who could be serviceable year one, but need refinement and more work...

I won t write your wrong, speculation is Wirfs might have to play guard.  Bama olinemen just always seem to have reached their ceiling before getting to the pros.

My $ .02 is the trade up would be for Becton or Thomas.  I m not worried about Becton s weight.  He does have technique issues, but I believe he has better feet then D Smith.  They really have no guy on the roster to play LT outside Smith.  Not sure how I would feel trading up for Wills or Wirfs who really haven t shown an ability to play LT.  Stay at 14 and get one of those two, sure no problem.

• Like 1