Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KodiakThunder

If Washington would do this would you....

Would you take that trade?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you trade 2020 1st, 3rd, 2021 1st and 2nd+ Avery Williamson to Washington for #2 and Trent Williams?

    • Definitely
      1
    • No Shot
      14

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/31/2020 at 07:36 PM

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Not that I think it ever happens... just wondering peoples thoughts...

 

Edited by KodiakThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't happen. But getting Chase Young would be a difference maker on our defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you’re placing too much stock in Avery Williamson and we aren’t a Chase Young away from being a good team. Keep the picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see the logic in it. I don’t think Wills is worthy of trading up like that for. And 1 of the 3 WRs would be there at 11 regardless. I’d rather just trade our 3rd for Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No, you’re placing too much stock in Avery Williamson and we aren’t a Chase Young away from being a good team. Keep the picks.

But if we had Chase Young our defense would be closer to elite. Our defense biggest issue is we have absolutely no edge rush and that has been the issue for over a decade.  Right now our OLBs are pathetic, makes me think they might make a move for someone because we have no one at that position. If Jordan Jenkins is your top edge rusher you are bad, because he barely produces pressures. 

We definitely have a lot of holes on this team though, Darnold has the worst supporting cast of any young QB in football. And our division rival the Bills, provided Josh Allen with the best supporting cast . Darnold is a superior QB but we still have a trash team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NYJets4716 said:

But if we had Chase Young our defense would be closer to elite. Our defense biggest issue is we have absolutely no edge rush and that has been the issue for over a decade.  Right now our OLBs are pathetic, makes me think they might make a move for someone because we have no one at that position. If Jordan Jenkins is your top edge rusher you are bad, because he barely produces pressures. 

We definitely have a lot of holes on this team though, Darnold has the worst supporting cast of any young QB in football. And our division rival the Bills, provided Josh Allen with the best supporting cast . Darnold is a superior QB but we still have a trash team. 

We have too many holes at a plethora of positions on this current team, too many to trade up for a singular player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I should have clarified that the trade up would prob be for Chase Young. 

I'm not sure why someone was responding about WR's or OT's as theres no need to really move io to 2 for one... kinda figured that was obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yes, I should have clarified that the trade up would prob be for Chase Young. 

I'm not sure why someone was responding about WR's or OT's as theres no need to really move io to 2 for one... kinda figured that was obvious. 

I mean its pretty obvious if you trade up to #2 you are taking Chase Young because hes 100% going #2 in this draft. Hes the best overall player in the draft and is going to be a dominant edge rusher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I mean its pretty obvious if you trade up to #2 you are taking Chase Young because hes 100% going #2 in this draft. Hes the best overall player in the draft and is going to be a dominant edge rusher. 

Youd think so but reading some responses it wasnt obvious to everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love a proper pass rusher believe me but we can’t mortgage our future like that with the holes we have.
 

Our best shot would of been to of lost that game in week 17 in Buffalo two years ago and we would of the godlike talents of Nick Bosa right now!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With where we are in the draft and what we did on the OL in FA we aren’t desperate. I’d offer our 3rd for Williams and at a reasonable salary. They don’t want it. That’s ok. Go into the draft as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way. We would be getting ripped off. We are not in the market for a QB and that is the only position you trade that much away. Chase Young is even not that elite. He disappeared on big games and against good tackles. He might even fall in the 5-7 area depending on what the Skins do. The Skins might take a QB too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't even want Trent Williams.  IMO, it would be foolish to gamble on him with his health and injuries and age.  PASS on any deal for him.  Getting Trent by forfeiting draft capital would be such a historically Jetsy-Tanny-Mccagnanish  move...  I hope our new F.O. is better than that.

Edited by dcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the draft to start, so we can put a end to all these crazy scenarios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×