How has your team done in FA?

RaidersAreOne

I'm iffy about the Teddy Bridgewater signing.  On one hand, I really do think he'll do well in this system.  It's tailor-made for him and we have surrounded him with players who I think can really take advantage of what he and the system does well, on paper.  

On the other hand, what is Bridgewater's ceiling?  The one QB who I keep going back to in comparison to Teddy is Jimmy G.  Obviously Jimmy G is good enough for a team to go to a Super Bowl with, but the Panthers defense is far from being at the level of San Fran's.  I understand why the team wouldn't want to tank, as Rhule is in his first year and Tepper not only wants to win but wants to give the city an incentive to put more money into an upgraded stadium.  However I fear Bridgewater will be good but not good enough to get us out of mediocrity.  I'm usually against tanking because I think there are other ways to improve your team long-term and it isn't full-proof as seen with the Browns, but Trevor Lawrence would have been worth it.  At the end of the day though, if Bridgewater proves himself to be a franchise QB nobody will be complaining, I'm more-so concerned that his ceiling isn't all that high.

I love the Robby Anderson signing.  Moore/Samuel/Anderson are going to be an explosive trio and that's without mentioning the damage McCaffrey will do underneath.

I like what the Rams have done. It showed me that they werent happy just being (9-7) because they know they are better than that.

Moving on from Wade showed me that McVay put a stamp on the team that is his team. When Wade was hired it was to help McVay make the transition to be a head coach and being the youngest head coach in NFL history at the time Wade was so valuable. The addition of Staley is huge. From everything Ive heard, he is a very bright defensive mind and he comes from one of the best defensive minds in the NFL in Fangio. On that side of the ball the Rams made it a priority to get better at stopping the run with signing Floyd and Robinson while using the loophole to bring back Brockers. Losing Fowler and Littleton hurt but the Rams figured they werent going to pay Fowler the money he wanted when they could get similar production from Floyd in terms of pass rush because just like Fowler benefited from playing with Donald, Floyd will do the same. Plus Floyd is familiar with Staley from their time in Chicago. Then they felt like Littleton wanted more than he was truly worth. 

Losing Gurley hurts me personally but the Rams know his situation with his knee the most and they probably feel like the cost moving forward wasnt worth it. They traded up from Henderson in last year draft in the 3rd round for a reason. Most people thought he was the 2nd best back in the draft and we saw at Memphis his ability to be explosive as he averaged almost a 1st down per carry over his last two years at Memphis. We saw glimpses of the explosiveness this past season and that was behind an injury depleted/bad oline. So I think the Rams feel confident in the future with Henderson. Not to mention the Rams could look in this years draft at guys like Zach Moss to get in the middle rounds. I like the fact the Rams have brought back Blythe and Whitworth. The addition of adding O'Connell as the offensive coordinator was another big addition. The Rams havent had a true offensive coordinator since LaFleur went to the Titans. O'Connell being a former QB will help Goff with his continued growth and thats key. 

Losing both Fassel and Zeurlein were both surprising but I just say that if the Rams wanted them back they wouldve brought them back. McVay wasnt happy with Fassel this past season and it even showed on the sidelines Week 17 against the Cards. Zeurlein is coming off his worst season of his career this past season and over the past three seasons he has been hurt and missing games so thats never a good thing. I think the Rams feel like it was best to move on from him. 

Overall while this wasnt a flashy offseason for the Rams I do see the plan the Rams have. It doesnt mean they are trying to rebuild or even taking a step back for a season or two. I still think this team is talented and can still win at least 10 games. Again this offseason was about GM Snead and head coach McVay saying they werent pleased with going (9-7) and not wanting to just run it back next season. They want to make some changes and I trust in their decisions. People criticized them for giving Whitworth at age 35 big money and signing Woods to a good amount of money in the same offseason. People scratched their heads as to why they would trade Olgetree and Quinn in the same offseason. Each time the Rams improved their record. I predicted this offseason was going to be big for the Rams and they definitely made some big decisions and Im going to set back and see if its going to pay off like it did in those two times I just mentioned. 

Edited by stl4life07

Chiefs have done well. We signed 7 players for a total of 6.5mil cap hit. Right now we have $177 in cap space. Yes, one hundred and seventy-seven dollars. We could get more by cutting/trading/extending Watkin, Jones, Sorenson, and others so I'm not too worried about it atm.

We have plenty of cap space next year to re-sign Mahomes and more.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Everything is horrible.

You haven’t gone through 17 years of it though.  Well, I guess only 13 of the last 17 for us have been terrible, but still.  You can always look at the Lions, Raiders, Bengals, Browns, Redskins etc if you need to feel better about your team.

• Like 1

Losses:
Tom Brady
Jamie Collins
Kyle Van Noy
Elandon Roberts
Danny Shelton
Stephen Gostkowski
Elandon Roberts
Phillip Dorsett
Duron Harmon (traded)

Additions:
Adrian Phillips
Beau Allen
Cody Davis
Dan Vitale
Brandon Copeland
Damiere Byrd
Brian Hoyer

IDK seems bad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

I'm iffy about the Teddy Bridgewater signing.  On one hand, I really do think he'll do well in this system.  It's tailor-made for him and we have surrounded him with players who I think can really take advantage of what he and the system does well, on paper.  

On the other hand, what is Bridgewater's ceiling?  The one QB who I keep going back to in comparison to Teddy is Jimmy G.  Obviously Jimmy G is good enough for a team to go to a Super Bowl with, but the Panthers defense is far from being at the level of San Fran's.  I understand why the team wouldn't want to tank, as Rhule is in his first year and Tepper not only wants to win but wants to give the city an incentive to put more money into an upgraded stadium.  However I fear Bridgewater will be good but not good enough to get us out of mediocrity.  I'm usually against tanking because I think there are other ways to improve your team long-term and it isn't full-proof as seen with the Browns, but Trevor Lawrence would have been worth it.  At the end of the day though, if Bridgewater proves himself to be a franchise QB nobody will be complaining, I'm more-so concerned that his ceiling isn't all that high.

I love the Robby Anderson signing.  Moore/Samuel/Anderson are going to be an explosive trio and that's without mentioning the damage McCaffrey will do underneath.

If you want a high ceiling, the team also signed PJ Walker in free agency. Fantastic mobility, big arm, accurate, small-school prospect that played for Matt Rhule. Walker also had the best collegiate career out of any QB Rhule coached. Well-regarded by Chris Ballard and Frank Reich, as well. Have to think Joe Brady also had a hand in bringing him in.

11 minutes ago, Starless said:

Losses:
Tom Brady
Jamie Collins
Kyle Van Noy
Elandon Roberts
Danny Shelton
Stephen Gostkowski
Elandon Roberts
Phillip Dorsett
Duron Harmon (traded)

Additions:
Adrian Phillips
Beau Allen
Cody Davis
Dan Vitale
Brandon Copeland
Damiere Byrd
Brian Hoyer

IDK seems bad

Losing Brady hurts no doubt, but the signings have been improvements.

Byrd>Dorsett

Phillips>>Harmon

Vitale>Life

Replacement>Gostkowski

Allen>Shelton

Collins and Van Annoying were liabilities. Van Noy against the run and in coverage became atrocious. Disappeared a lot. Only seemed to create pressure when the team was ahead. Collins disappeared too and seemed to resort to old habits towards the tougher part of last season. I don't think the Patriots have gotten worse anywhere except at quarterback and depth at linebacker.

Browns get an A for me. 

We brought in top shelf young talent and have left us with only 2 holes to fill. 1–LT    2–FS      

Outside of that, the roster is loaded. If we can bring in another pass rusher or LBer before it’s all said and done, I don’t see any weaknesses. 

Very little action for the niners one way or the other. Losing Manny kind of sucks, of course, but a lot of people suspected that he may just be a rental anyway. Otherwise, losses have been negligible. 

Out: 

• Manny Sanders - hurts and will need to be replaced
  • Levine Toilolo (I have no idea how the Giants gave him 2 years, 6 million...yikes) - ostensibly a blocking TE3. Can be replaced much cheaper than what the Giants gave him. I would suspect a signing like David Morgan or something at some point by the 49ers to compete for a back up role (I suppose Delanie Walker is still an option as well). 
  • Sheldon Day - Largely just a guy. He can't hold up against the run at all, but he's decent as a pass rusher in a rotational role. I was a little surprised that we didn't re-sign him, just because of familiarity, but losing his actual play is largely whatever. He can generally be replaced by a lot of the guys we have who have the versatility to play a little inside and out
  • Elijah Lee - Special teams roster fodder, easily canceled out by the addition of Joe Walker. 
  • Anthony Zettel - Didn't even play a full year with the 49ers last year. Just a dude, easily canceled out by the addition of Hyder. 
  • Jason Verrett-  Hasn't signed anywhere yet, but he's toast. Won't be back. 
  • Damontre Moore- Hasn't signed anywhere, there may be a chance that he's back. Honestly, played pretty well in preseason, was cut, re-signed late in the year, played a game or two and wasn't bad in a rotational role. Sign him for the vet minimum, I'd probably like that. 
  • Mike Person- Nobody was really a big fan of him, so most were okay with cutting him, but weird move to replace him with Compton, who somehow manages to be worse and more expense. 

In: 

• Travis Benjamin - He's fast and drops passes. I'd suspect that he's a potential cheaper replacement for Goodwin, who is somehow still on the roster. I don't know if Benjamin makes the final roster; the wide receiver group right now is pretty bad, but there are plenty of guys on the roster that fit that wr 4/5 mold. I'd like his chances more if he returned kicks / punts. 
  • Kerry Hyder- Zettel out, Hyder in. Nothing to see here. 
  • Joe Walker- Elijah Lee out, Walker in. Nothing to see here. 
  • Tom Compton - Person out, Compton in, nothing to see here except my confusion at wanting to pay more for a guy who is worse than the mediocre guard we cut to get him. I don't know if he makes the roster or not in the end, to be honest. 

Trade: 

• Buckner out, Pick #13 in. Obviously Buckner is a huge loss here. The team really better hope that Thomas is ready for this type of play (I don't think that he is). That's a sizable loss for this team. The trade made sense for both side (the 49ers have no money, and you can't pay everyone), but the 49ers get the end of this trade that is subject to far more variance; hit on that pick and have a cost controlled asset for 5 years and you make out like bandits, miss and it's a bust of a trade. The Colts get a good player but have to pay for it.