How has your team done in FA?

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Losing Brady hurts no doubt, but the signings have been improvements.

Byrd>Dorsett

Phillips>>Harmon

Vitale>Life

Replacement>Gostkowski

Allen>Shelton

Collins and Van Annoying were liabilities. Van Noy against the run and in coverage became atrocious. Disappeared a lot. Only seemed to create pressure when the team was ahead. Collins disappeared too and seemed to resort to old habits towards the tougher part of last season. I don't think the Patriots have gotten worse anywhere except at quarterback and depth at linebacker.

Keep telling yourself this. Not sure if anyone would tell you that NE got better this off-season even if they were able to keep Tom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Browns get an A for me. 

We brought in top shelf young talent and have left us with only 2 holes to fill. 1–LT    2–FS      

Outside of that, the roster is loaded. If we can bring in another pass rusher or LBer before it’s all said and done, I don’t see any weaknesses. 

Weaknesses IMO would be depth, especially on the EDGE and interior DL spots, as well as the LB corps. 

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Keep telling yourself this. Not sure if anyone would tell you that NE got better this off-season even if they were able to keep Tom. 

I'll keep being reasonable telling myself Belichick knows what he's doing just like you keep telling yourself the Browns will be good this year. ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, daineraider said:

You haven’t gone through 17 years of it though.  Well, I guess only 13 of the last 17 for us have been terrible, but still.  You can always look at the Lions, Raiders, Bengals, Browns, Redskins etc if you need to feel better about your team.

Fair, but everything is STILL horrible. Bill O'Brien still has two jobs he's nowhere qualified to do.

@BleedTheClock The linebacker depth and quarterback were huge components of whatever success the Pats had in 2019. Outside of those areas, they have improved their roster when comparing the new versus the old.

The drop off from Brady to Stidham or Hoyer or Jake Fromm or whomever they put out there is huge however. I am not saying the Pats will even be in the playoffs or anything. Basically pointing out Phillips, Allen, Byrd, Vitale, and whoever the kicker is will be better than Harmon, Shelton, Dorsett, Develin/Johnson, and Gostkowski in 2019. It's worth mentioning that even though the depth at linebacker is worse in 2020, the actual performance level of the starters in 2019 was nothing special during the second half of the season.

22 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

@BleedTheClockThe drop off from Brady to Stidham or Hoyer or Jake Fromm or whomever they put out there is huge.

Yeah I know you acknowledged that. 

I am not saying the Pats will even be in the playoffs or anything.

I think they will. 

Basically pointing out Phillips, Allen, Byrd, Vitale, and whoever the kicker is will be better than Harmon, Shelton, Dorsett, Develin/Johnson, and Gostkowski in 2019.

I don’t agree with you though.

The Vikes had a lot of roster turnover. This offseason was inevitable after years of building a talented and now expensive roster.

Diggs wanted out and the Vikes were blown away with an offer. Sucks losing a talent like Diggs but it’s apparent he wore out his welcome. A 1st plus some mid round picks is a nice haul.

Cut for cap reasons was Xavier Rhodes, Linval Joseph and Josh Kline. Rhodes won’t be missed. Joseph has regressed and Kline has dealt with some concussions so it makes sense to move on if the level of play or availability is a concern going forward. 

The Vikes lost a trio of free agent DBs in Trae Waynes, Mack Alexander and Jayron Kearse.

Everson Griffen is still a free agent but it’s unlikely that MN has the resources to bring him back unless Griffen lowers his demands. 

The Vikes did add Michael Pierce to replace Joseph and resigned several depth players from last year.

Basically the Vikes need to have an outstanding draft and get several immediate contributors or it will be a long season. The secondary, after years of being very strong and deep will be challenged significantly.

Broncos didn’t hit all of their top targets and spending on a RB isn’t ideal but I thought it was a productive free agency on both sides of the ball. I think Casey has high upside in this defense. Shelby coming back for peanuts was a nice cherry on top. They’ve positioned themselves to get the WRs they want in the draft. 

Probably the biggest collective addition will be getting Chubb, Callahan and James back after they combined to play in 5 games last year. Not that Callahan or James can be depended on to stay healthy, but you’d hope they’ll play more than two halves. 

Edited by BroncoBruin