Monday Mock

Karnage84

Lions trade #3 to Miami (Tua) for #5. #39 (2nd), #141 (4th)

#5 - Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State - Lockdown and future CB1

#35 - AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa - True end with upside potential. Versatile player that could fit inside

#39 - Marlon Davidson, DT, Auburn - Another versatile piece. More of an inside guy but could easily play Hand's big DE role. 

#67 - Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin - Some question marks on his tread and fumbling issues force him to drop a la David Montgomery. Could be a nice piece in a RBBC

#85 - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State - Nice compliment to KG. Can develop into a true 1B

#109 - Tyler Biadasz, OC/OG, Wisconsin - Versatile player, can play at OC and OG at a starter level

#141 - Jason Strowbridge, Jack LB, North Carolina - Versatile guy that can play off the line and put his hand in the dirt. Lions had him at the Senior Bowl. 

#149 - Kyle Murphy, OG/OT, Rhode Island - Small school guy with upside. Has the size and length to play some OT but better off at OG. 

#166 - Antonio Golden-Gandy, WR, Liberty - Big and highly athletic WR from a small school. Could develop into something special. 

#182 - Tanner Muse, S/LB, Clemson - Diet Isaiah Simmons. Big bodied and highly athletic safety that could fill the big safety role. 

#235 - AJ Green, CB, Oklahoma State - Lions add another piece to the secondary. Fits the profile but needs to develop his skills. Is worth a late round flier. 

Team Needs: CB, DE, DT, RB, WR, OG, LB, QB, TE, 

Edited by Karnage84
Added explanations
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Absolutely beautiful. (Leaving this draft with a blue chip and Epenesa is my dream.) Picks 5 through 109 are fantastic. 

Sign me up.

This is with the TDN draft order. It seems overly generous and probably unrealistic but can only take the guys available to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, Aiyuk seemed pretty low but I'll take it.

Ya never know. It's going to be interesting to see the gems that pop out of this draft. We're missing huge chunks of data in the draft process. Anyone that didn't participate in the combine or in the few pro days is really an unknown. We could also see a higher bust rate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

My only concern is I hope they don’t draft anyone with fumbling, injury history.

My expectation is that Taylor's fumbles have come more from improper technique than physical deficiencies. I went through all of his games with a fumble in 2019 and posted my findings in a thread somewhere. I don't expect us to get Abdullah 2.0. 

He hasn't had injury issues that have taken him out of games. Quite the opposite. He played 13 games in 2018 and 14 games (including Big Ten Championship) in 2019. He had cramps and left a game earlier this year and there was something about a leg injury in 2017. 

7 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

My expectation is that Taylor's fumbles have come more from improper technique than physical deficiencies. I went through all of his games with a fumble in 2019 and posted my findings in a thread somewhere. I don't expect us to get Abdullah 2.0. 

He hasn't had injury issues that have taken him out of games. Quite the opposite. He played 13 games in 2018 and 14 games (including Big Ten Championship) in 2019. He had cramps and left a game earlier this year and there was something about a leg injury in 2017. 

That’s good.

Im just done with the parade of running backs that get drafted by the Lions regardless of red flags. It seems like it’s been a long time since the Lions could mount a rushing attach and have a quality running back that could stay healthy.

its one of the reasons I wish they would invest the $$$$ and draft capital to put together a quality oline. Then a RBBC becomes effective.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 4:29 PM, Karnage84 said:

Ya never know. It's going to be interesting to see the gems that pop out of this draft. We're missing huge chunks of data in the draft process. Anyone that didn't participate in the combine or in the few pro days is really an unknown. We could also see a higher bust rate. 

Advantage Lions