Monday Mock

Karnage84

5 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Epenesa is rapidly becoming my #1 player I don't want. Enough with the versatile ends who can kick inside and have a real good motor. I want the best pass rusher.

Then that's Chase Young, who I want over Epenesa. Pre-Combine, Epenesa was regarded as the second-best DE in this class. What changed? Some shirt and shorts track drills?

What shouldn't be overlooked about Epenesa is his power and hands. Combined with his motor, those are the reasons that he'll have a long career when other guys are quickly flaming out. Guys with great track numbers that don't have a response when their one move gets shut down... over and over again.

Epenesa's comp is Trey Flowers, a guy who had clearly outperformed Vic Beasley, a speed/finesse guy taken in the mid-1st of that draft. If we land Okudah to pair with Trufant and Epenesa to pair with Flowers, along with our other FA signings, we'll be in great shape.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Then that's Chase Young, who I want over Epenesa. Pre-Combine, Epenesa was regarded as the second-best DE in this class. What changed? Some shirt and shorts track drills?

What shouldn't be overlooked about Epenesa is his power and hands. Combined with his motor, those are the reasons that he'll have a long career when other guys are quickly flaming out. Guys with great track numbers that don't have a response when their one move gets shut down... over and over again.

Epenesa's comp is Trey Flowers, a guy who had clearly outperformed Vic Beasley, a speed/finesse guy taken in the mid-1st of that draft. If we land Okudah to pair with Trufant and Epenesa to pair with Flowers, along with our other FA signings, we'll be in great shape.

One of the reasons he intrigues me is his game tape. He isn’t a one trick player and he has size.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

One of the reasons he intrigues me is his game tape. He isn’t a one trick player and he has size.

Absolutely. Size. Relentless motor. Decent quickness. Hands. Leadership.

His father coached him early in his life and taught them an array of pass rushing moves. He has essentially been practicing those moves since he was 9. (Some 'athletic' ends in this class have admitted to not knowing any moves at all. It might work in college, but won't in the NFL.)

• Like 1