Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Colts sign CB TJ Carrie

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like TJ, but I was under the impression he's a slot-only corner at this point. Maybe he can play on the perimeter, or maybe Kenny Moore can make the transition to the outside full-time. Still, odds are that at least one of he and Rhodes works out, so I like the move.

Edited by HoboRocket

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

seems likea  p good deal at that price, dorsey far outpaid him

Not certain, but we haven’t resigned Chester Rogers who was our primary punt returner until his injury. Nyheim Hines finished the season doing punt returns and had 2 TDs in a game but I think considering his vet min deal he might be special teams/returns duty backing up Hines and/or Pascal 

Carrie is mediocre overall, but probably more bad than good. He'd have his moments in his two years with us, but he had more bad plays than good ones. And he was just vastly overpaid with us. For the vet minimum, it's not a bad signing I suppose.

Had a few decent games. Sometimes a wr catches the ball and he isnt in the screen because he got beat so bad. 

He can tackle well.

Great special teams player. And can be a below average Nickel Corner if you get an injury to your main Nickel Corner. Not horrible, but certainly below average. Good depth at Nickel. 

For whatever reason, the Colts CB's get decimated with injuries every year. We never seem to have enough depth in the secondary.