Quarantined Off-Season Wrap

GWH87

Believe we look to solidify the roster via FA in the secondary and DL, this can come before or after the draft but believe they want Tramon back and are looking for a DL piece. Draft board the closer we get the less it falls in our favor vs strong area of need, so we trade down a few picks to get 5 picks in the first 115 using some of our late rounders to move around accordingly. This team will focus on winning in the trenches this year with new talent so we spend some high picks to prove it.

Current Cap

@ $11m (with allocation for draft pool already taken out)

Cut

Taylor +$4m ($15)

Trade

Josh Jackson + 2021 5th to Giants for Evan Ingram

Sign

Tramon 1yr $4m ($11m)

Snacks 1yr $4m ($7m)

Draft 

2(35) - Jeremy Chinn - S - Illinois St

Why: Defensive chess piece, makes our back end elite, solidifies future state for Pettine scheme. 

2(62) - Davon Hamilton - DL - Ohio St

Why: Run stuffer, 1 full year of results, arrow trending way up on potential with coaching. Finally a running mate worthy to play along side Clark.

3(85) - Ben Bartch - OL - St Johns 

Why: RT of future beyond Wagner for 1yr, mobile piece that fits MLF offense, talent/attitude/nasty combo needed. 

3(94) - Van Jefferson - WR - Florida

Why: Elite route runner, has mastered back shoulder Arod values, will bring a great red zone presence from WR slot position.

4(115) - Lynn Bowden - WR - Kentucky

Why: Move piece on offense, next level return skills and speed/agility combo from the slot to give defenses nightmares in spots. 

5(164) - Tanner Muse - LB/S - Clemson

Why: Will play alongside Kirksey by mid season and replace Burks, move LB that can cover and fill the lane, comes from good elite collegiate pedigree of winning

7(231) - Bronson Rechsteiner - FB - Kennesaw St 

Why: Jacked mirror like version of Vitale, worse dresser but better athlete, tremendous option on passing downs, may take some time to ramp up pass pro but run game blocking is top notch

Draft Trades

1 - 30, 208, 209 & 242 to Lions for 35 and 85

2 - 136 & 235 to Brown for 115

3 - 175 & 192 to Cowboys for 164 & 231 

UDFA

Elijah Riley - DB - Army

Why: I like his size, blitzing and ball skills

53 Man Roster

Arod, Boyle

Jones, Williams, Ervin

Rechsteiner 

Jace, Ingram, Lewis, Tonyon

Tae, Fuchs, EQ, Jefferson, Bowden, Lazard

Bahk, Linsley, Turner, Jenkins, Wagner, Bartch, Patrick, Madison, Light (25)

Clark, Hamilton, Snacks, Keke, Lowry, Lancaster

Z, Preston, Gary, Ramsey

Kirksey, Summers, Burks, 

Jaire, King, Tramon, Sullivan, Hollman, Riley

Amos, Savage, Chinn, Muse, Redmon (25)

Crosby, Bradley, Scott

Go Pack Go!!

Edited by GWH87
Words
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Still don't get why we want 3 safeties. Our 3rd safety played like 180 snaps last year.

Sullivan played 356 in a role that was just as much Safety as it was CB.

Redmond played 276 in a role that was just as much Safety as it was CB.

Campbell played 182 as a rotational Safety.

Greene played 71 as a rotational safety. 

• Like 3

I’m not going to lie, I dislike this. Too niche, not enough long term value

-We’ve drafted enough S recently to play LB. I’m kind of tired of burning high picks for the I Campbell role

-Using a second on a 1 dimensional run stuffer is kind of a waste

-Not a fan of Barth- He’s a good story, but I’m not willing to drop a 3rd on a D3 prospect just because of 1 week

-I feel like we already have too many day 3 development wr prospects 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sullivan played 356 in a role that was just as much Safety as it was CB.

Redmond played 276 in a role that was just as much Safety as it was CB.

Campbell played 182 as a rotational Safety.

Greene played 71 as a rotational safety. 

Lets keep in mind too that the staff loved Greene but he was unfortunately hurt most of the season, so these numbers would also more than likely SKU given he’s healthy. 

With the way Pettine likes to staff the field a 3rd premier safety would cause QBs fits with our scheme.

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I’m not going to lie, I dislike this. Too niche, not enough long term value

-We’ve drafted enough S recently to play LB. I’m kind of tired of burning high picks for the I Campbell role

-Using a second on a 1 dimensional run stuffer is kind of a waste

-Not a fan of Barth- He’s a good story, but I’m not willing to drop a 3rd on a D3 prospect just because of 1 week

-I feel like we already have too many day 3 development wr prospects 

So are you in favor or trading up then? With how teams have moved players this off season there are no 1st rnd or early 2nd grade WRs that will be there for us at 30, a run will be made on them due to the class depth.

There are plenty of articles supporting the Packers interest in Muse, I wasn’t in favor of it until I started watching tape on him. If we select a DL prospect that can stuff the run it A) keeps them free to make plays B) Allows our edge guys to do their damage.

Not sure why we’d be opposed to Hamilton, he’s known as a run stuffer now, with NFL coaching and more playing time he’d be a wrecking ball with Clark the pass rush is coming. Who’s more talented in the late 2nd on the dline? Or even early 2nd for that matter, only one I’ll give time to is Blacklock.

Who do you propose over Barth? In the middle rounds its a cr@pshoot on talent, I didn’t draft due to story I drafted on skill set that will translate, mobility, heavy hands and a nasty kid that wants to be coached up (pretty sure the staff can do that)

WR: Tae will have his island, we just signed Fuchs to go with Lazard opposite him in a rotation. We will be drafting WRs to play a slot or specific skill set roll now which is the smart play because after Mims there isn’t anything I want to touch until late 3rd. Pittman is nice but a duplicate of Lazard so not sure why they’d do that.

Appreciate the conversation

10 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

You win for drafting Bronson Rechsteiner.  No further mocks are needed from anyone else now.

I’m a super fan so glad there’s another one out there, dude put up 35 reps @ 225 and ran a 4.48. Not sure he lasts that long but he’d be fun to watch if he can put on another 10lbs and keep the speed in the 4.5 range.