• Back to the Future
    • Trading Places
    • This is Spinal Tap
    • The Princess Bride
    • Planes,trains & automobiles
    • Coming To America
    • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2020 at 10:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the 4th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Comedy movie from the 1980s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Wednesday, 4/1/2020 at 6pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@THE DUKE @FinneasGage @FourThreeMafia  @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

This and Ferris Bueller are the quintessential 80's comedy movie. Can't go wrong with either. Princess Bride is incredible too.

I assume you did not go to middle school or high school in the late 90s and early 2000s.  

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

You would be assuming 100% incorrectly. 

Then you were saved the horror of having a substitute teacher and watching either one of those movies over and over and over again.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Then you were saved the horror of having a substitute teacher and watching either one of those movies over and over and over again.  

I'm sure I've seen both of those (or parts of it) at least 25+ times each. But I see your point. 

13 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What kind of janky school system did you go to where subs just showed movies every time they subbed?  And yes, I went to public schools.

• Like 1

Just now, THE DUKE said:

What kind of janky school system did you go to where subs just showed movies every time they subbed?  And yes, I went to public schools.

Agreed, sure it was not every time but there was one sub and that was his go to and literally asked which one of the two movies wanted to be watched for say the last 30 minutes of class or whatever often....  it was hell.  But clearly both are PG enough to show, but the far superior comedy Caddyshack could obviously not be shown in schools.  I remember on a trip once we brought the Best of Chris Farley to watch, and the one of first few skits was the Schmitts Gay skit, and they made us shut it off right after that sadly.

these are all pretty good/great movies. I had to go with Caddyshack

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

agreed.. I don't think I ever had a sub just play a movie