• Back to the Future
    • Trading Places
    • This is Spinal Tap
    • The Princess Bride
    • Planes,trains & automobiles
    • Coming To America
    • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2020 at 10:00 PM

22 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

in the ncaa, it would be like the selection committee   picking the "West"  , letting the west playout, then saying  "hey Gonzaga lost too early, let's put them in the East now which is played next week"  . There's a reason all the sub-brackets are selected, and played, simultaneously.

that analogy doesnt work here

34 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

that analogy doesnt work here

of course it doesn't, I said a few posts ago you can't adminstratively handle the logistics of running all the selections simultaneously because it would be a nightmare; it doesn't mean that you should deviate from what the outcome would be assuming you could.

*shrug*.  How about people just nominate Princess bride to every 80s category so it has a chance of winning?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

of course it doesn't, I said a few posts ago you can't adminstratively handle the logistics of running all the selections simultaneously because it would be a nightmare; it doesn't mean that you should deviate from what the outcome would be assuming you could.

*shrug*.  How about people just nominate Princess bride to every 80s category so it has a chance of winning?

It fits in a lot of categories. Romance, action/adventure, and comedy for sure

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly I feel like we are missing some categories, there should definitely be a sports category and probably musical (even though I don't think a musical could win it all) 

Sure but there has to be a limit and there has to be a eight total to make that bracket, if you had 10 then what have a plan in section?  Not to mention if there were even more it would take what a full calendar year to get through it all.  Especially considering only 30 at best people vote on this thing, which is a joke of a turnout.    Like this poll right now, this should not be in discussion between these three movies, but it will go down to the wire like many have.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Honestly I feel like we are missing some categories, there should definitely be a sports category and probably musical (even though I don't think a musical could win it all) 

Cannibal: The Musical

directed by Trey Parker

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cannibal_the_musical

"If you're only going to watch one black comedy about a real-life explorer whose fellow travelers ended up eaten, make it Cannibal! The Musical."

Edited by Malfatron

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sure but there has to be a limit and there has to be a eight total to make that bracket, if you had 10 then what have a plan in section?  Not to mention if there were even more it would take what a full calendar year to get through it all.  Especially considering only 30 at best people vote on this thing, which is a joke of a turnout.    Like this poll right now, this should not be in discussion between these three movies, but it will go down to the wire like many have.

I think we could get to 16 categories without too much effort.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

We need to keep these polls open longer.  I made my nominations but I don't think I got the chance to vote.  All is good, however, because I would have voted for Caddyshack anyway.  :)

You could ask the man if he could include you in the notification system where you get notified every time something comes up.  

source.gif

• Like 1