RUMOR: Jaguars and Patriots discussing Jimmy Garrapolo

.Buzz

59 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I can virtually guarantee the price would be higher than that.

I think that is phrasing.

Yes but why should we trade in all likely hood a top 10 pick for him when hes more unproven then matt cassell was especially since hes set to be a fa at the end of the year. 

If you trade for him your looking at likely having to franchise tag him and then you still habe to work out deals with arob and telvin and somehow find more money to get some upgrades in fa. I know we have some guys we could cut like parnell, ivory, gipson but we would still need to kinda replace them.  

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Yes but why should we trade in all likely hood a top 10 pick for him when hes more unproven then matt cassell was especially since hes set to be a fa at the end of the year. 

If you trade for him your looking at likely having to franchise tag him and then you still habe to work out deals with arob and telvin and somehow find more money to get some upgrades in fa. I know we have some guys we could cut like parnell, ivory, gipson but we would still need to kinda replace them.  

I am guessing that the idea in trading a lot of capital for a QB during the season would be to try to avoid earning a top 10 draft selection, but who knows?

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I am guessing that the idea in trading a lot of capital for a QB during the season would be to try to avoid earning a top 10 draft selection, but who knows?

Yes but if u look at the history of qb trades even right before the season its not good and more often then not the team receiving the qb doesnt break the top 10. 

You want a great solution to the jags being bad. Clear the all the staff. Get a better gm amd hire Jim Bob Cooter to be our new hc because its a good trend to be a part of. 

I also seem to find this rumor false. Not 1 other site that i can tell has picked this up so thats pretty telling. 

Quick reminder: You would be trading for Jimmy Garrapolo mid season with limited time to replace and put him behind a sub par offensive line with your top receiver out for the year.  And then you would need to re-sign him to a big money contract or franchise him.  Currently your receiver corps consists of Allen Hurns (whom there were rumors you were looking to trade a few weeks ago), an injury prone Marquise Lee, Arrelious Benn and the recently acquired Jaelen Strong.  Not exactly an elite group. 

So I ask, is this really the best idea? 

12 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Quick reminder: You would be trading for Jimmy Garrapolo mid season with limited time to replace and put him behind a sub par offensive line with your top receiver out for the year.  And then you would need to re-sign him to a big money contract or franchise him.  Currently your receiver corps consists of Allen Hurns (whom there were rumors you were looking to trade a few weeks ago), an injury prone Marquise Lee, Arrelious Benn and the recently acquired Jaelen Strong.  Not exactly an elite group. 

So I ask, is this really the best idea? 

As i said it wouldnt be a tertible idea but you still gotta extend/tag him and i wouldnt give up that much for him. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If he is a FA then why not just go get him this offseason?

I guess we aren't guaranteed but there arent a ton of places willing to pay him alot and give him a chance to start, right?

Patriots arent going to let him just walk I dont think.

If they do that then not moving him this past offseason looks even wierder.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Patriots arent going to let him just walk I dont think.

If they do that then not moving him this past offseason looks even wierder.

They will get a comp pick for him. Unless they really think he is the future but if Brady is playing another 3-4 years idk if they can afford to pay Jimmy G remotely close to his market value 

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

They will get a comp pick for him. Unless they really think he is the future but if Brady is playing another 3-4 years idk if they can afford to pay Jimmy G remotely close to his market value 

yes but Maybe they let brady go.  i think they are gonna tag jimmy this year atleast. 

Archived