1970s Comedy - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

The Jerk and that's it and that's the only movie I'll nominate, is The Jerk.  And Being There, The Jerk and the Being There and that’s all I need. And Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The Jerk, Being There, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and that’s all I need. And Young Frankenstein. The Jerk, and Young Frankenstein, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Being There. And MASH. The Jerk, Being There and Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Young Frankenstein and MASH and that’s all I need. And that’s all I need too. I don’t need one other thing, not one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Jerk and that's it and that's the only movie I'll nominate, is The Jerk.  And Being There, The Jerk and the Being There and that’s all I need. And Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The Jerk, Being There, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and that’s all I need. And Young Frankenstein. The Jerk, and Young Frankenstein, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the Being There. And MASH. The Jerk, Being There and Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Young Frankenstein and MASH and that’s all I need. And that’s all I need too. I don’t need one other thing, not one.

Not even Life of Brian or Blazing Saddles?

Compared to the 90s the 70s sucks outside of a few films and even those are nothing if ranked against the all time great comedies.  PS it is pretty shocking how the Life of Brian was so much worse than the Holy Grail, they really crapped the bed on that one.  

Monty Python and the Holy Grail  
Blazing Saddles  
Animal House

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Compared to the 90s the 70s sucks outside of a few films and even those are nothing if ranked against the all time great comedies.

I put your comment through google translate and it said

"the only movies that are funny have incessant cursing, 'man-children', fat guys limited to sight-gags, and show copious amounts of male nudity"

• Like 1

@August4th  Props to you man, just saw The Wailing.  Freaking great movie, if I could I would change my vote to that in the 2010s, it is better than Hereditary in terms of overall quality.  Hereditary had jerky camera work scares and freaking odd ball scares.  The Wailing was just damn interesting throughout and love the demon aspect of it more than the weirdo cult aspect of Hereditary.   It was shot better as well and visually it is superior.  

Good call on that one!

8 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

This decade was really top heavy for comedy.

Mel Brooks and Monty Python owned this decade.

Monty Python: Life of Brian

Blazing Saddles

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Young Frankentsein

Smokey and the Bandit

Going to be a close call between that this and Monty Python and The Holy Grail.  The intellectual quality is on a completely different level.

• Like 2