Saints vs Bucs Fearsome 4-some

Jeezla

Better Foursome?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The better 4-some in 2020 will be:

11 hours ago, LieutenantGains said:

I mean he does think Brees is the GOAT lol

Brees is not the GOAT but he is better than Brady. Especially at this point in his career and those are facts. I never cared for the GOAT argument because it doesn't make you the best. The "Greatest" has always been over emphasized with winning.

14 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Dude take off the homer glasses! Godwin is arguably a top 10 WR in the NFL as of right now. He's waaaaay better than Sanders (and I love me some Emmanuel Sanders.) 
The gap between Godwin to Sanders is bigger than the gap between Thomas and Evans. 
Cook is better than Howard or Brate, but like others have said maybe Howard takes a huge step forward with Brady as the QB. 
Josh Hill is certainly not better than Howard, or that C. Brate for the matter. That's just ridiculous. 

I'd rather roll with TB12 and the potential of the unknown, I guess. 
Good comparaison that isn't too easy to answer!

Lets see how they do this year. I have a feeling Evans numbers are going to drop dramatically and Godwin will flourish at the beginning of the year. I wasn't referring Josh Hill. I was referring to our QB that plays, Rb, Wr and TE. Josh Hill is definitely not better than Brate. I not sure Howard is better than Brate to be honest. 

The comment about Brees and Brady is based purely off the last few years. Or to behonest any collections of few years that you want to compare to. Being the GOAT so how doesn't equal to you being the best. (Only in the NFL) Brady was never better than Manning but he is consider the GOAT due to winning. To be honest he was consider a systematic QB until 2010.

Some double standards here. Saying Brees was better than Brady last year is too simplistic when you consider the respective weapons. Brees has what most of the forum consider the best WR and RB in the league. Probably not much in it, between them. Also, not much in it for the OP question.

Going to be fun!

I guess I’m the only one who thinks Evans and Thomas are pretty much equal. Evans is constantly the most underrated WR in the NFL. Dude put up numbers with Mike Glennon and Josh McCown as his QBs his rookie season, and then continued to produce with the human turnover machine Winston tossing him the rock the last five seasons. Yes, Winston was good at stretching the field and getting big plays, but he also constantly missed the dude wide open on numbering occasions I’ve lost count. Dude has put up over 17 YPC the last two seasons and definitely has more big play ability than Thomas. I’m interesting to see how he does with Brady who won’t stretch the field like Winston but will definitely hit him when he is open more often.

i don’t know, I just feel like Evans is so criminally underrated every year. Dude is a beast of beasts.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 1:55 PM, DanMullen said:

I guess I’m the only one who thinks Evans and Thomas are pretty much equal. Evans is constantly the most underrated WR in the NFL. Dude put up numbers with Mike Glennon and Josh McCown as his QBs his rookie season, and then continued to produce with the human turnover machine Winston tossing him the rock the last five seasons. Yes, Winston was good at stretching the field and getting big plays, but he also constantly missed the dude wide open on numbering occasions I’ve lost count. Dude has put up over 17 YPC the last two seasons and definitely has more big play ability than Thomas. I’m interesting to see how he does with Brady who won’t stretch the field like Winston but will definitely hit him when he is open more often.

i don’t know, I just feel like Evans is so criminally underrated every year. Dude is a beast of beasts.

Evan gives up on plays and can be taken out of the game.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:08 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

How can you tell when Brees wasn't throwing to Jacoby Meyers and Phillip Dorsett? 

You forgot a few names didn't  you.

Josh Gordon.

Sanu

Harry

Elderman

Watson

White.

Maybe the deepest Wr core in the league. (Not the best but the deepest)

1 hour ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Josh Gordon.

Sanu

Harry

Elderman

Watson

White.

Gordon - so good that we traded him mid season, and didn't do much with his new team

Sanu - Awful trade, hasn't worked out at all. Cost us a game.

Harry - Injured most of the season, couldn't get on the same page as TB

Edelman - Awesome. The only option. Still had the dropsies though.

Watson - Really? A 40 year old who forgot how to catch.

White - Compare him to Kamara then?

"maybe the deepest WR core in the league" - Hahahahaha. Names don't mean depth. They were ATROCIOUS.

I KNOW you aren't trying to compare NE's receiving corps with NO's....I just know it. I'm not saying Brees isn't better, anyway, I'm asking how can we tell and it's probably a wash. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

14 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Josh Gordon. - Injured and released

Sanu - Injured in his second game 

Harry - Injured, missed most of camp and games 

Elderman - Injured

Watson - Injured

White. - Present 

Deepest if you’re looking at the mid-season madden roster, perhaps.

22 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Gordon - so good that we traded him mid season, and didn't do much with his new team

Sanu - Awful trade, hasn't worked out at all. Cost us a game.

Harry - Injured most of the season, couldn't get on the same page as TB

Edelman - Awesome. The only option. Still had the dropsies though.

Watson - Really? A 40 year old who forgot how to catch.

White - Compare him to Kamara then?

"maybe the deepest WR core in the league" - Hahahahaha. Names don't mean depth. They were ATROCIOUS.

I KNOW you aren't trying to compare NE's receiving corps with NO's....I just know it. I'm not saying Brees isn't better, anyway, I'm asking how can we tell and it's probably a wash. 

Its crazy how big names come to NE and they disappear or they are washed up. have you ever thought it was the system. They don't do anything because they are decoys in that offense. White is an above average catching RB.  Watson had his best year with Brees just two years before. Why is it taking these Wr so long to get in sync with Brady. Sanu has been a great number two on two different teams and he cant catch on with a deep at doesn't utilize his skill set.  These Wr's have name recognition for a reason. Edelman had the dropsies, if I threw the ball at your feet going across the middle you would have the dropsies too. Gronk career was cut short for the same reason.  When I say deepest I mean they are all solid.  

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Deepest if you’re looking at the mid-season madden roster, perhaps.

Once again when you throw the ball at the Wr's feet can you expect them to stay healthy. That's why Brady int was always so low and also why his slot wr stay dead. lol

1 hour ago, MrnastiesNO said:

Once again when you throw the ball at the Wr's feet can you expect them to stay healthy. That's why Brady int was always so low and also why his slot wr stay dead. lol

Yeah, Josh Gordon, N’Keal Harry (who literally didn’t play a snap yet), Mohamed Sanu (in his second game), and Ben Watson are all a bunch of slot receivers...Tom should’ve been throwing 15-20 interceptions a season like Brees, then he would’ve been a real pro! ;)

I’m not usually someone that jumps to this overused statement, but if you think the NE WR core was deep at any point past September (generous), then I cannot seriously believe that you watched any games or remotely followed the team. The WR/TE group was easily the team’s weakest link and was in no way even solid once AB was gone. Even mentioning Ben Watson in that group -  a 1500 year old tight end that was playing on a torn Achilles - kind of proves that.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:19 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, Josh Gordon, N’Keal Harry (who literally didn’t play a snap yet), Mohamed Sanu (in his second game), and Ben Watson are all a bunch of slot receivers...Tom should’ve been throwing 15-20 interceptions a season like Brees, then he would’ve been a real pro! ;)

I’m not usually someone that jumps to this overused statement, but if you think the NE WR core was deep at any point past September (generous), then I cannot seriously believe that you watched any games or remotely followed the team. The WR/TE group was easily the team’s weakest link and was in no way even solid once AB was gone. Even mentioning Ben Watson in that group -  a 1500 year old tight end that was playing on a torn Achilles - kind of proves that.

To be honest it doesn't matter who the Wr is for the Patriots. If you aren't the slot receiver or the rb you aren't getting the ball unless your wide open.

Putting your hope in a 43 year old player is foolish...even if he is the greatest of all-time. He could be solid for the Bucs considering that supporting crew, probably better than Winston who was Jekyll-Hyde. But he also can drop square off a cliff this season. I suppose the same can occur to Brees...but the Bucs are also a new system which throws a wrench into the situation, and Brees has a few years of youth on him and looked a little better last year.