Saints vs Bucs Fearsome 4-some

Jeezla

Better Foursome?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. The better 4-some in 2020 will be:

2 hours ago, Duluther said:

Evans is getting disrespected here. Thomas is perfect at what he does, but Evans is such a great all-around WR that it’s not like there’s miles between them. Certainly not as much distance as there is between Godwin and Sanders. That’s preposterous xD

Agreed. Evans is top 5 ish if we’re being honest, he will be the only player in NFL history to have 7 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Consistency is unwavering here. And he’s been able to do it with multiple qbs starting at the helm. Glennon, McCown, Winston and Fitzpatrick.

Only think Mike isnt good at is yards after catch but he is an elite deep threat, short and intermediate pass catcher. Thomas has better hands but I dont think the margin is that big at all.

34 minutes ago, indifference said:

Agreed. Evans is top 5 ish if we’re being honest, he will be the only player in NFL history to have 7 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons.

To start a career*, right?

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, Raves said:

Not ot mention that Thomas is so much better than Evans that they are at worst an equal.

Evans is incredibly underrated here. Evans is a better deep threat than Thomas by a significant margin and is going to be the only receiver in history to start his career with 7 straight 1,000 yard seasons. The last two seasons he has averaged over 17 YPC and would have put up over 1,400 and double digit TDS almost certainly this past season on the heels of a 1,500 plus yard season if he hadn’t gotten injured with three games still to go. You can make the argument Thomas is better, but significantly? Nah. No receiver is significantly better than Evans in this league.

I just don’t get why Evans constantly gets underrated around here. Dude is a certified badass. Puts up numbers year after year even with trash throwing him the ball.

Edited by DanMullen
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 8:16 PM, DanMullen said:

Evans is incredibly underrated here. Evans is a better deep threat than Thomas by a significant margin and is going to be the only receiver in history to start his career with 7 straight 1,000 yard seasons. The last two seasons he has averaged over 17 YPC and would have put up over 1,400 and double digit TDS almost certainly this past season on the heels of a 1,500 plus yard season if he hadn’t gotten injured with three games still to go. You can make the argument Thomas is better, but significantly? Nah. No receiver is significantly better than Evans in this league.

I just don’t get why Evans constantly gets underrated around here. Dude is a certified badass. Puts up numbers year after year even with trash throwing him the ball.

He's but he also gets shut completely down and go off another game. I've never seen anyone shut down Thomas.  But the real question is how do Evans and Goodwin fit with Brady.

12 hours ago, MrnastiesNO said:

He's but he also gets shut completely down and go off another game. I've never seen anyone shut down Thomas.  But the real question is how do Evans and Goodwin fit with Brady.

Getting “shut down” is part of the game when you’re a deep threat. It happens.

You’ll basically never get shut down when your primary routes are short-intermediate with a heavy emphasis on slants.

And in a way, that makes Thomas’ game more valuable, but that’s neither here nor there. I just want to address that there is a reason why Evans may get “shut down” more, and that it isn’t entirely due to Thomas just being better (which he is, but again, neither here nor there).

Edited by Duluther