FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

It's not my fault! It takes time to gain trust from sources!

I blame that lazy intern.. he screws everything up.

DID YOU HEAR THAT ADAM. LARGE COFFEE 2 CREAMERS. DONT YOU THINK I CANT TASTE THAT 3RD. YOU SHOULD BE TRIED IN COURT FOR POISONING ME.

• Like 2

Just now, festiveonion said:

I blame that lazy intern.. he screws everything up.

DID YOU HEAR THAT ADAM. LARGE COFFEE 2 CREAMERS. DONT YOU THINK I CANT TASTE THAT 3RD. YOU SHOULD BE TRIED IN COURT FOR POISONING ME.

Ugh. Adam. Enough to drive me to stay away from other humans. It's mandated by the government you say? There's a pandemic you say?

5th Overall Selection of Jeffery Okudah to the Detroit Lions:

A+

Extracted as much value as they could by trading down. Got a terrific player at a valuable position that even played at a similar scheme in college where he was man-to-man constantly. You can quibble about Big Ten outside receivers (they were bad - all the good dudes played from the slot) but Okudah is a stud regardless. And this corner class is short of great man to man guys after the first round, round and a half. 

• Like 1

Detroit Lions select Okudah here.

And for the pick commentary you didn't want or need

Detroit Lions : 5th Overall : Jeffrey Okudah A+

The Lions just about maximized their draft capital here. Got a top 3 player at 5. 
They played the board but they didn't play themselves. #AnothaOnePride

And what a beautiful graphic by Detroits PR department. We haven't seen work this good since the first overall selection.

• Like 2

Looks like the Dolphins are going with Herbert at #6 here

And for the pick commentary you want and definitely need

Miami Dolphins: 6th Overall: Justin Herbert B+......?

That was either the most masterful board maneuvering I've seen or someone fell asleep at the wheel and ended up successfully parallel parking... uphill.. in a hurricane.
What else would you expect from Florida Man?

IMO Dolphins were either going Herbert here or an OT and targeting a QB later. Herbert wasn't making it to 18 and is the clear #3 QB at this point. 
I like the value at 5... but I really like it at 6. So... good work.. or... yeah....