FFMD 20 Writers Room

EaglesPeteC

Washington Redskins: 108th Overall: Albert O: B+

Think many are higher on Big Al. I get it. He's a projection. It's about the body type and the athleticism. 
Problem is it doesn't look like he's playing to the speed he ran. He showed up more athletic than I thought.
He needs some coaching up. Good value. Good spot.

The only other TE that seemed to fit the bill of this offense would have been Brycen Hopkins from Purdue, but forum went with A.O. We think he would be great.on sea routes and over the middle with LB's chasing him. Time will tell on his capability, but from our current roster of TE's to adding A.O., we think this is a huge upgrade. 

22 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Have you looked at our roster? I feel like you haven't.  

We had 95% of our needs addressed already in free agency. Almost every starter returns on defense, and we upgraded a couple of those spots already in Josh Norman > Levi Wallace (who is still on the roster too btw). AJ Klein, who I think is an upgrade too, replaces Lorenzo Alexander (retired). Offense needed an upgrade at WR (hence the move for Diggs) so where our needs lie is depth.

We have nobody behind Singletary.. that's why I addressed that position first and found great value in CEH. Was trying to move up for Jonathan Taylor but couldn't find a suitor. 

If I could add. Brandon Beane does a tremendous job of filling holes on our roster during free agency and drafts BPA. He did it last year when he signed Morse, Spain, Felciano, Brown, Beasley, Kroft, Nsekhe and Gore. This allowed us to be able to draft Ed Oliver instead of drafting for need. And same for Dawson Knox and Singletary. Without filling holes via free agency all our top picks would have been linemen and WRs.

Well Beane did same strategy this year. Brought in Diggs, Addison, Klein, Butler, Jefferson, Norman, and Williams. This leaves us with very little holes. In our starting positions. We really just need to improve on depth. Singletary is a good RB but we think having a 1 2 punch in the backfield is the way to go. I love Singletary he plays like a feature back but he is limited physically. CEH will come right in and get Frank Gores carries from last year. With hopefully more success . 

As for Anae... that is a draft pick for the future. Both Hughes and Addison are on the wrong side of 30. It isnt an immediate need but it will become one in the future years. This gives us a guy to develop and in a few years potentially take one of the DE positions.

Collin Johnson is a perfect draft pick for us as well. Even though we brought Diggs in we are still short at the WR position. Johnson brings height and a redzone threat for Josh Allen.

3 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

If I could add. Brandon Beane does a tremendous job of filling holes on our roster during free agency and drafts BPA. He did it last year when he signed Morse, Spain, Felciano, Brown, Beasley, Kroft, Nsekhe and Gore. This allowed us to be able to draft Ed Oliver instead of drafting for need. And same for Dawson Knox and Singletary. Without filling holes via free agency all our top picks would have been linemen and WRs.

Well Beane did same strategy this year. Brought in Diggs, Addison, Klein, Butler, Jefferson, Norman, and Williams. This leaves us with very little holes. In our starting positions. We really just need to improve on depth. Singletary is a good RB but we think having a 1 2 punch in the backfield is the way to go. I love Singletary he plays like a feature back but he is limited physically. CEH will come right in and get Frank Gores carries from last year. With hopefully more success . 

As for Anae... that is a draft pick for the future. Both Hughes and Addison are on the wrong side of 30. It isnt an immediate need but it will become one in the future years. This gives us a guy to develop and in a few years potentially take one of the DE positions.

Collin Johnson is a perfect draft pick for us as well. Even though we brought Diggs in we are still short at the WR position. Johnson brings height and a redzone threat for Josh Allen.

I'd argue CEH is a better fit for you guys than Taylor. HE's going to come in as a perfect fit for the 3rd down RB role in Buffalo. HE's already an accomplished pass catcher and pass blocker. He's a better fit long term too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Cough cough @JIllg

(Much Belated) Days 1 and 2 NFC East Analysis:

Dallas Cowboys

The Haul - 17th Overall Pick of C.J. Henderson, A.J. Epenesa in a trade package including picks 51st Overall and 82nd Overall,  99th Overall Pick of James Lynch

Grade and Analysis - [A-] I loved what they did on day one. C.J. Henderson and A.J. Epenesa are both excellent prospects that should be able to contribute from the gun. Epenesa can rush outside and shut down the run on early downs before kicking inside to wreak havoc on passing downs. It’s tough to be worth a high second round pick and a third round pick at that slot as a non-developmental quarterback (Curtis Weaver as a similar prospect and keeping the third round pick might have moved the needle more, for instance), but Epenesa could be worth it. He was very productive against quality competition. Austin Jackson sees him in his nightmares. C.J. Henderson was the second best man corner in the class. James Lynch was an unexciting choice - he is a high effort guy that never really won with hands or quickness or length or much of anything in spite of getting a good number of sacks. But you can be sure that he’ll give everything he has on every down as a backup and that is worth something.

New York Giants 

The Haul - 7th Overall Pick of Andrew Thomas,  36th Overall Pick of Cesar Ruiz, 38th Overall Pick of Terrell Lewis

Grade and Analysis - [A-] Trading back from four and getting Andrew Thomas and the 38th overall pick was a master stroke. Thomas has been a quality run blocker and pass protector and hasn’t allowed two pressures in a game in a *insert hella long measurement of time*. I liked the pick at 36 of Cesar Ruiz. He might not be the best scheme fit if they are going to be running iso and duo and power and every gap thing under the sun - Cushenberry just moves guys more - but Ruiz is an excellent player in his own right and gives scheme versatility going forward. If they nailed 38, I might have given this draft an A+. I know that some people really like Terrell Lewis - he’s an athlete and can cover space and ground and make hay as a quality blitzer, but I don’t think he’s an edge in the NFL. He just has no plans to win against tackles yet. If he plays like a poor man’s Anthony Barr or serves in a versatile role, that’s one thing, but I do not think that was the Giants’ intent. 

Philadelphia Eagles

The Haul - 21st Overall Pick of Kristian Fulton, 34th Overall Pick of Jalen Reagor

Grade and Analysis - [A+] Who let them do this? Enquiring minds want to know.

Washington Redskins 

The Haul - 2nd Overall Pick of Chase Young, 66th Overall Pick of Damon Arnette, 70th Overall Pick of Chase Claypool

Grade and Analysis - [A] Three quality picks at a quality spot to get them. Chase Young is good, mmkay. Damon Arnette is a quality man corner that can’t tackle, but hey, that’s a downside you live with at that pick. Chase Claypool isn’t a wide receiver in most senses - he’s very stiff and not fluid in and out of breaks - but as a big slot/move TE guy, he can stretch the seams for you and is worth a shot as a height/weight/straight line speed freak. 

• Like 2

Much Belated Days 1 and 2 AFC South Analysis:

Houston Texans

The Haul - 40th Overall Pick of Tee Higgins, 57th Overall Pick of Curtis Weaver, 90th Overall Pick of Hakeem Adeniji

Grade and Analysis - [A] Overall, a great job. Tee Higgins and Curtis Weaver is a superb haul for the 40th and 57th picks. Both had roughly comparable skillsets to players taken significantly earlier. Adeniji is a fascinating pick - even more so as a guard. He’s a plus athlete and mover in space, but has short arms for a tackle. A+B = C, no? 

Indianapolis Colts

The Haul - 44th Overall Pick of Neville Gallimore, 53rd Overall Pick of Julian Okwara, 75th Overall Pick of Ashtyn Davis, 98th Overall Pick of Hunter Bryant, 103rd Overall Pick of Troy Pride

Grade and Analysis - [A] Good quality value for draft slots combine with good scheme and roster fits to make a great draft. I love Gallimore as a fit next to DeForest Buckner. Okwara is a fine high-upside pass rusher for the slot. Ashtyn Davis provides vital Malik Hooker insurance and is a huge steal for the slot. Hunter Bryant is a fine move TE type that can help provide a wider variety of weapons for Philip Rivers. Troy Pride is another huge steal for the slot, though he’s more of a fit in man than zone. 

Jacksonville Jaguars

The Haul - 9th Overall Pick of Derrick Brown, 20th Overall Pick of Justin Jefferson, 42nd Overall Pick of Bryce Hall, 73rd Overall Pick of Robert Hunt

Grade and Analysis -   [B ] I think that the Jaguars did a great job of finding scheme and personnel fits. Derrick Brown is going to be a great 1T that can stay on the field for third downs. Justin Jefferson will be a dynamic slot weapon that takes advantage of zone coverages and will have solid, reliable hands to complement D.J. Chark. Bryce Hall is definitely best in a zone scheme like theirs, Robert Hunt is a giant mauler for a gap scheme like Leonard Fournette likes. My only problem is that to get these fits, they passed up on quite a bit of value (minus the Justin Jefferson pick). 

Tennessee Titans

The Haul - 39th Overall Pick of Justin Madubuike, 56th Overall Pick of Cole Kmet, 93rd Overall Pick of Jabari Zuniga

Grade and Analysis[B+] Similarly to the Jaguars, I like the scheme and personnel fits of the Titans picks. Cole Kmet is going to have real value as a complement to their other weapons. The only knocks are that they might have gotten a more valuable 5T/3T type at their first pick and that they missed out on the best 3rd round pass rushers with Bradlee Anae and Jonathan Greenard coming off the board just before they picked. Still, good work all around. 

Edited by JIllg
Formatting
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Tennessee Titans

The Haul - 39th Overall Pick of Justin Madubuike, 56th Overall Pick of Cole Kmet, 93rd Overall Pick of Jabari Zuniga

Grade and Analysis[B+] Similarly to the Jaguars, I like the scheme and personnel fits of the Titans picks. Cole Kmet is going to have real value as a complement to their other weapons. The only knocks are that they might have gotten a more valuable 5T/3T type at their first pick and that they missed out on the best 3rd round pass rushers with Bradlee Anae and Jonathan Greenard coming off the board just before they picked. Still, good work all around. 

Thanks for the grade.

But Anae is a doodoo prospect.

• Like 1

Much Belated Days 1 and 2 NFC West Analysis:

Arizona Cardinals

The Haul - 10th Overall Pick of Tristan Wirfs, 72nd Overall Pick of Tyler Biadasz 

Grade and Analysis - [A] Wirfs is an absurd athlete and is great value at 10. Biadasz was the best center on the board at 72. An evil gnome warlock gets quality blockers to go with his shiny weapons. Sigh.

Los Angeles Rams

The Haul -  52nd Overall Pick of J.K. Dobbins, 84th Overall Pick of Matt Hennessy, 96th Overall Pick of Akeem Davis-Gaither

Grade and Analysis - [B+] Solid work by the Rams attempting to deal with their roster attrition of the past couple of years with quality picks. I like Hennessy for the spot he was drafted - he was the best center on the board when they picked and can help bring the line back to 2018 levels. Davis-Gaither is raw, but definitely fits the mold of modern NFL linebackers. Dobbins I have already spent far too many words on. 

San Francisco 49ers

The Haul - 15th Overall Pick of Henry Ruggs III, 47th Overall Pick of Jaylon Johnson, 82nd Overall Pick of Jordan Elliott, 95th Overall Pick of Matt Peart

Grade and Analysis - [A] Great value work by the 49ers throughout. Ruggs III is a nice complement to the YAC weapons the 49ers already have. Jaylon Johnson is quality value if not quite a scheme fit. Jordan Elliott is all of a terrific value, scheme fit, and a need. Matt Peart has a lot of upside with his superbly long arms.

Seattle Seahawks

The Haul - 27th Overall Pick of Austin Jackson, 64th Overall Pick of Michael Pittman Jr., 67th Overall Pick of Josh Uche, 101st Overall Pick of Alton Robinson

Grade and Analysis[A] The Seahawks got great value, scheme fits, and roster needs. I’m not Austin Jackson’s biggest fan, but I can’t deny the upside. Pittman is a superb value and can provide a Vincent Jackson style do it all big receiver to help out the hobbit wizard. Josh Uche isn’t quite a pure pass rusher yet, but he’s a great fit as a 4-3 Under SLB that does a bit of everything. Alton Robinson was a solid LEO type for the draft slot. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, N4L said:

I think we need to shower both @JIllg and @festiveonion with likes for their contributions to this thread. incredible work

Makes sense that festiveonion is a packers fan, because he probably cries every time Raheem mostert slices the packers open

Appreciate the sentiment; we’ve been feeling the love. At least I have. I’ve passed the 1 rep every 2 posts mark due to this thread and (to everyone’s dismay) have therefore achieved unverifiable great and terrible powers. 

• Like 1