TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

1 hour ago, D82 said:

So how’s the Galveston area?

I am your official gulf coast guide around here. South padre or Port Aransas is where it’s at if you want clean beaches. Galveston is basically Houston Beach. It’s disgusting. Full of sharks and always tests high in fecal matter. Yes you read that right. Fecal matter. Bolivar peninsula included. Matagorda is muddy but it’s great for fishing, and about as small town Texas as you can get in the Gulf while still being able to bring something to the table. Ultra cheap houses. I’m talking beach front houses for close to 100k. Or even less. Rock Port is family friendly. Most places are in Texas but Rock Port especially. They have slides and playgrounds on their beaches.

You can drive on Port A beach with a coupe. Same goes for Galveston. Matagorda, you need a 4 by 4. It’s what helps keep it small. South Padre is about as close to “Florida water” as you can get in Texas. You can’t drive on the beach, and the community is small. UNTIL spring break. And then it’s a week of pandemonium. MTV, Rappers, Thongs, the whole 9.

Edited by DaBoys

I have a HS friend who owns a news worthy shark fishing company in Galveston. I live 2 hours away. I’m always in South Padre, and Port A. If you need anything let me know.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

Any one else get super suspish when they link to someone on a dating app? I just connected with someone so hot she could kill my entire family and I'd be like "f*ck it I guess that's her turn on "

And literally my only thought is why did she super like me???!? I am no longer in shape. I am old. I haven't even cut my hair in 4 months. 

I'm at a loss here unless she is a prostitute... Which why would an insanely good-looking 24 year old do that. She could have sex with any person in the world. 

She is so hot I'd put money on the wife's wanting to have sex.

21 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I got a 15+lb brisket for under $50. It was the only one here in my little brookshire bros. It’s no Waygu, or whatever you call it, but it will smoke nicely. I also got a pork tenderloin and a pork butt roast for pulled pork. Plus some cream cheese filled jalapeños that I stuffed with Little cocktail shrimp and wrapped in peppered bacon. All going on the stick smoker tomorrow morning. 

My father in law passed in April, and we inherited his offset smoker. So I’m getting into smoking now. Have to do him justice. 

Wagyu beef is great. It’s expensive, but worth it. The higher quality meat you buy, the better the results will be on the smoker. The lowest quality I buy at this point is Prime beef, but I’ll get Wagyu every time I find it.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, Northland said:

I don't know what led to the incident I'm about to detail but today I'm in a store and I hear yelling and cursing.  This middle aged couple were unloading f bomb after f bomb on this frail elderly lady for allegedly getting in their space.  We all have masks on. The guy was particularly obscene.  So I tried to diffuse things.  That didn't work and the f bombs continued.  At this point the old lady has walked away as did I.  Then the guy starts mouthing off at me.  Diplomacy didn't work so I said to him what sort of man verbally attacks any woman let alone someone's grandmother?  I get an f bomb.  At that point I walk over to him and say now I'm in your space and I can assure you I'm not a frail old lady.  Talk to me like you talked to her.  He screamed you're threatening me!  I said buddy you don't know what a threat is.  I suggest you leave the store while you can which he and his wife did.  As I watched them hurl expletives at this old lady I pictured my late mother on the end of such an assault.  I don't like losing my cool but I won't stand for bullying and intimidation of anyone.  Store employees and a couple of other shoppers thanked me for defending the elderly woman.  I swear I was ready to drop him.

NWO....

meanwhile 9 more people killed by shooting in NYC yesterday.. Not respecting elders, killing like it's just a night out on the town.. overall quality of respect for other people way down... 

2 police officers try to arrest a man and was attacked by a crowd yelling F the police... a Record for Police putting in their retirement papers. What reasonably intelligent young person will be applying for this once respected profession? what will the streets look like in 10 years from now?? 

This is NOT a phase... This will only get worse, but it will be the new norm so no one will notice..

16 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Wagyu beef is great. It’s expensive, but worth it. The higher quality meat you buy, the better the results will be on the smoker. The lowest quality I buy at this point is Prime beef, but I’ll get Wagyu every time I find it.

Have you found there to be a noticeable difference between Prime and Choice? Asking out of legit ignorance, I know Prime is the higher quality, but wasn't sure by how much.

45 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Eww GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

“Enterococcus bacteria,(also known as fecal matter)
The bacteria can come from a variety of sources, the program says, including sewage systems, stormwater runoff, boating waste, humans, livestock and wildlife. Elevated levels are associated with runoff after rainfall.”

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/slideshow/Texas-beaches-bacteria-report-202886.php

@D82 I stand corrected!  If you read that article is says Galveston tested really low over the 4th of july weekend! And Matagorda wasn’t great. Corpus Christi was disgusting 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Have you found there to be a noticeable difference between Prime and Choice? Asking out of legit ignorance, I know Prime is the higher quality, but wasn't sure by how much.

I have, yes. Prime has better marbling throughout the meat, so it cooks and tastes better and is much more tender than Choice. And Wagyu is even better than Prime. It’s really expensive, but well worth it *IF* you know how to cook. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

rumor is redwolves

this is going to take adjustment period

The two names I’ve seen thrown around are Redwolves and Warriors. I can only imagine what will happen if they go with Redwolves. The memes making fun of them for having a name and logo nearly identical to Anheuser Busch’s trash Red Wolf beer will be epic.

Had that butt roast I was going to use for pulled pork. I completely f’d it up. It is chewy, and does not fall off the bone. I don’t know what I did wrong. Sucks when you screw it up on the smoker because it was 8 hours at 225 and a gnarly sun burn

55 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Had that butt roast I was going to use for pulled pork. I completely f’d it up. It is chewy, and does not fall off the bone. I don’t know what I did wrong. Sucks when you screw it up on the smoker because it was 8 hours at 225 and a gnarly sun burn

My assumption based on no facts at all is you walked away and the temp spiked to like 500 and you didnt see it.