TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

On 4/1/2020 at 12:48 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

Gotcha, that's what I had kind of heard for some necessary/handy tools. I was going to start with something small like a side table, but eventually I'd like to build an office desk or something like that. Just some summer projects that will help pass the time until the next school year.

Not sure how much you would plan to use the tools moving forward, but I know a lot of shops run rental programs now which if you are just looking for a saw for a couple of hours and have no real use again could provide useful.  In our current environment however not sure if you'd want to borrower from anywhere. 

On 4/3/2020 at 3:29 PM, flyingmonkey30 said:

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter cause of all the other crap going on, but my google account was hacked and everything is gone. I wrote over 140 reports on draft prospects that I was going to put in here but it’s all gone.

Damn man, I am sorry, that sucks.  I will never for the life of me understand things like that.  What causes someone to hack into someone personal email/website/etc and just take or destroy. The ultimate cowards. 

28 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

If anyone sees me posting anymore in the TAST COVID thread, please smack me in the internet face.  I am going to quickly catch a ban from this place if I keep going back there. 

Summary of what happened?

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

Damn man, I am sorry, that sucks.  I will never for the life of me understand things like that.  What causes someone to hack into someone personal email/website/etc and just take or destroy. The ultimate cowards. 

Yeah, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Luckily I had sent it to a friend a few days before and he was able to send me a copy so I didn’t lose anything from there. My prior years are gone, but not this year at least

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Summary of what happened?

Seems there are 3 camps of people posting in that thread.  1. Doomsday, anyone with any other opinion outside of the news and we are all doomed are just wrong and we need to shut everything down immediately, 2. Reality, anyone looking at numbers, info and gathering thoughts of their own and, also expressing concerns over the economic impact of everything and how you can't just "shut it all down" (the group I fell into), 3. People genuinely just asking questions and looking for info/sharing their expereriences.

I have a real fundamental issue with people who state their opinion as fact or regurgitate someone else comments as their own or take side shots at certain things (politics, people, etc.) and refuse to acknowledge there are other ways to look at things.  I am also 100% sure I started to do the same and I did not like it.  There are a few posters there that quite frankly I need to just not see their comments and I should not get that way just from an internet forum.  I was already part of the reason why the original thread got shut down, need to take a step back before I do that again and/or get myself a ban. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Seems there are 3 camps of people posting in that thread.  1. Doomsday, anyone with any other opinion outside of the news and we are all doomed are just wrong and we need to shut everything down immediately, 2. Reality, anyone looking at numbers, info and gathering thoughts of their own and, also expressing concerns over the economic impact of everything and how you can't just "shut it all down" (the group I fell into), 3. People genuinely just asking questions and looking for info/sharing their expereriences.

I have a real fundamental issue with people who state their opinion as fact or regurgitate someone else comments as their own or take side shots at certain things (politics, people, etc.) and refuse to acknowledge there are other ways to look at things.  I am also 100% sure I started to do the same and I did not like it.  There are a few posters there that quite frankly I need to just not see their comments and I should not get that way just from an internet forum.  I was already part of the reason why the original thread got shut down, need to take a step back before I do that again and/or get myself a ban. 

Getting banned isnt so bad. Trust me, Ive done it multiple times. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Getting banned isnt so bad. Trust me, Ive done it multiple times. 

I really considered it, and the being banned part doesn't bother me but what was starting to bother me was how much I was getting irritated by certain individuals. In my personal life it takes an absolutely absurd amount of crap to move my emotions why way or another so was not happy with myself I left some internet login names bother me. 

• Like 1

Guys, got a question/scenario for you all.

My neighbor recently retired (old guy, grumpy, but overall harmless).  However he and my mason did get into a verbal argument this past summer when I was getting my patio put in and that situation rubbed me wrong (see below for why...).  For the most part I keep my distance from him, say hello when we see each other in the yard, nothing bad, nothing good. 

Last year I had a lot of projects going on (patio, shed, yard overhaul) so basically every weekend the weather was good from April to September, I was outside with some type of power tool.  He likes to sit outside with this music (used to be on weekends only), typically plays country which I do not mind for the most part, but when I am not running power tools it is BLASTING into my yard/house.  The reason for this is because his speakers are out in his garden roughly 100 ft from where he sits on his patio so they blast into my yard and the other neighbors yard. 

This year, he is retired, I have no major projects going on or expected this year and he always home (quarantine or not), so as I sit here on a Wednesday afternoon working from home in my office which on the far side of my house from him, I have had to close my windows and I can still hear the music. 

The argument I mentioned above was because the mason doing my patio asked my neighbor to turn down the music while they weren't running any machines and my neighbor lost his mind...he is a big "don't tread on me kind of guy" and seems to have a serious problem with the fact that this neighborhood has more young people buying houses and fixing them as he likes to remind everyone, he was the first house here.  

So obviously I am going to say something to him soon, but I myself have the potential to have a very short to non existent fuse in these types of situations.  Mostly because while I am really asking him (and I will ask nicely at first) I am expecting him to just do it and not give me any crap for asking (which is extremely unlikely to happen). I plan to ask him if he can just move his speakers closer to his patio because if he would just do that, I wouldn't hear it inside my house (which seems like a reasonable ask). 

Anyone out there deal with something like this?  Have any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

Guys, got a question/scenario for you all.

My neighbor recently retired (old guy, grumpy, but overall harmless).  However he and my mason did get into a verbal argument this past summer when I was getting my patio put in and that situation rubbed me wrong (see below for why...).  For the most part I keep my distance from him, say hello when we see each other in the yard, nothing bad, nothing good. 

Last year I had a lot of projects going on (patio, shed, yard overhaul) so basically every weekend the weather was good from April to September, I was outside with some type of power tool.  He likes to sit outside with this music (used to be on weekends only), typically plays country which I do not mind for the most part, but when I am not running power tools it is BLASTING into my yard/house.  The reason for this is because his speakers are out in his garden roughly 100 ft from where he sits on his patio so they blast into my yard and the other neighbors yard. 

This year, he is retired, I have no major projects going on or expected this year and he always home (quarantine or not), so as I sit here on a Wednesday afternoon working from home in my office which on the far side of my house from him, I have had to close my windows and I can still hear the music. 

The argument I mentioned above was because the mason doing my patio asked my neighbor to turn down the music while they weren't running any machines and my neighbor lost his mind...he is a big "don't tread on me kind of guy" and seems to have a serious problem with the fact that this neighborhood has more young people buying houses and fixing them as he likes to remind everyone, he was the first house here.  

So obviously I am going to say something to him soon, but I myself have the potential to have a very short to non existent fuse in these types of situations.  Mostly because while I am really asking him (and I will ask nicely at first) I am expecting him to just do it and not give me any crap for asking (which is extremely unlikely to happen). I plan to ask him if he can just move his speakers closer to his patio because if he would just do that, I wouldn't hear it inside my house (which seems like a reasonable ask). 

Anyone out there deal with something like this?  Have any suggestions? 

That sucks but I wanna watch it ...

I live on 8acres and can't see my neighbors houses through the trees. 

On 4/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Travis Kelce over Jason Witten on the All-Decade team seems pretty weak to me.

Yea but listen to some of the posters they are ok with Frank Gore on there over more accomplished backs. 

Got into a big argument with 3 posters over there and their double standard of "total contribution."