TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

On 4/8/2020 at 2:17 PM, acowboys62 said:

Guys, got a question/scenario for you all.

My neighbor recently retired (old guy, grumpy, but overall harmless).  However he and my mason did get into a verbal argument this past summer when I was getting my patio put in and that situation rubbed me wrong (see below for why...).  For the most part I keep my distance from him, say hello when we see each other in the yard, nothing bad, nothing good. 

Last year I had a lot of projects going on (patio, shed, yard overhaul) so basically every weekend the weather was good from April to September, I was outside with some type of power tool.  He likes to sit outside with this music (used to be on weekends only), typically plays country which I do not mind for the most part, but when I am not running power tools it is BLASTING into my yard/house.  The reason for this is because his speakers are out in his garden roughly 100 ft from where he sits on his patio so they blast into my yard and the other neighbors yard. 

This year, he is retired, I have no major projects going on or expected this year and he always home (quarantine or not), so as I sit here on a Wednesday afternoon working from home in my office which on the far side of my house from him, I have had to close my windows and I can still hear the music. 

The argument I mentioned above was because the mason doing my patio asked my neighbor to turn down the music while they weren't running any machines and my neighbor lost his mind...he is a big "don't tread on me kind of guy" and seems to have a serious problem with the fact that this neighborhood has more young people buying houses and fixing them as he likes to remind everyone, he was the first house here.  

So obviously I am going to say something to him soon, but I myself have the potential to have a very short to non existent fuse in these types of situations.  Mostly because while I am really asking him (and I will ask nicely at first) I am expecting him to just do it and not give me any crap for asking (which is extremely unlikely to happen). I plan to ask him if he can just move his speakers closer to his patio because if he would just do that, I wouldn't hear it inside my house (which seems like a reasonable ask). 

Anyone out there deal with something like this?  Have any suggestions? 

Any update?

43 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That looks phenomenal. I've found a local butcher I like a lot and they have wagyu - do you find it's worth the extra money?

Without a doubt. Using better ingredients makes for much better meals. I do my best to use the highest grade meats and all fresh, organic ingredients for rubs and sauces. It’s more expensive, but it’s well worth it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I mean the process itself is excruciating. 

@D82 just wait till you have a deal fall through at closing. Buying a house sucks. Owning one is fundamental to wealth

lol...oh....thought you meant just general maintenance and upkeep that's needed. Not that it's not worth owning your own home. Because it is one of the best investments. But it does require some upkeep. Helps if one is somewhat mechanically inclined.

20 hours ago, Ace5 said:

My closing is tomorrow. This pandemic has added an unreal level of stress to the whole process.

Edit- by tomorrow I meant monday. And I meant closing on my house not closing my place of work. 

Drink another one bud. LOL:DxD

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

Hope not either brother man. For a whole host of reasons (But your job security top of the list)

To be honest I really doubt it does, at least not anytime soon. Still, when you hear it being talked about it's a little nerve-wracking. 

21 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Any update?

The old South Philly in me would say when the music starts loudly, take a Louisville slugger to his speakers and then go home without a word.

That would lead to legal action.

SO, contact your local police, find out their program on noise pollution, and get them to do their job.

If that job fails. Document the contact ie: email, recorded phone call, andvthe revisit option 1.

If that fails, give me call. 😜

PS this message wad meant for Da Boys. 

Edited by Rtnldave
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

The weather has been so bad here that he has not been outside really since I posted.  Waiting to see what this week brings.

Ohhh, you posted it!!! Sorry, it was meant for you. 

No matter, I stand by it. Louisville's do nice work. 

• Like 1