TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

31 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Watchman any good? What are y'alls opinions on it

Racial propaganda. Nerfed the good Doctor so hard that he's reduced to making omelettes and is no longer omnipotent. 

Pretty much that in a nut shell. 

51 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Racial propaganda. Nerfed the good Doctor so hard that he's reduced to making omelettes and is no longer omnipotent. 

Pretty much that in a nut shell. 

More than that. I liked it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

*Blinks In Modern*

• Peaky Blinders
  • Ozark
  • WestWorld
  • Lucifer
  • The Witcher
  • Dave
  • Watchman
  • Chernobyl
  • Barry
  • Sneaky Pete
  • Cobra Kai
  • Mind Hunters

Did you watch any of the above?

I like Barry...but mostly anything dealing with the acting class I didn't care for too much. Not saying all of those scenes are bad, but most of them I skipped through.

It's pouring rain here in Minnesota, which always puts me in mind of a passage I read in The Crunch by Cowboys DE Pat Toomay:

For all his problems and impatience, Steve [Kiner] pulled an unprecedented coup during his season in Dallas. On one bleak Wednesday morning in the midst of a torrential rainfall, Kiner pulled into the field-house parking lot and scanned the area for a parking place. Visibility was near zero, what with the sheets of falling rain and the limited windshield area particular to 1964 Volkswagens. He finally spotted a place close to the door, in fact, adjacent to that door. Steve reported to the meeting with nary a drop on him.

Naturally, the usurped parking place belonged to Coach Landry, who was consequently forced to walk a city block in the deluge. He walked into the meeting, wet to the bone, and looked Kiner right in the eye: "I like a guy who lives dangerously," he said--and the place fell out laughing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

It's pouring rain here in Minnesota, which always puts me in mind of a passage I read in The Crunch by Cowboys DE Pat Toomay:

For all his problems and impatience, Steve [Kiner] pulled an unprecedented coup during his season in Dallas. On one bleak Wednesday morning in the midst of a torrential rainfall, Kiner pulled into the field-house parking lot and scanned the area for a parking place. Visibility was near zero, what with the sheets of falling rain and the limited windshield area particular to 1964 Volkswagens. He finally spotted a place close to the door, in fact, adjacent to that door. Steve reported to the meeting with nary a drop on him.

Naturally, the usurped parking place belonged to Coach Landry, who was consequently forced to walk a city block in the deluge. He walked into the meeting, wet to the bone, and looked Kiner right in the eye: "I like a guy who lives dangerously," he said--and the place fell out laughing.

Minnesotah aye!! What part? I grew up in Minnesota. Lived up there for a little over a decade. 

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Minnesotah aye!! What part? I grew up in Minnesota. Lived up there for a little over a decade. 

I grew up here and there, mostly in the Twin Cities. Great place to live! Never been to Texas but my brother goes down there on business sometimes. I gather it's like going from an icebox to a sweatbox. 

Coincidentally, Steve Kiner is also from Minnesota. ^_^ He didn't last long in Dallas, but eventually caught on with the Oilers in the late 70s.

17 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

I grew up here and there, mostly in the Twin Cities. Great place to live! Never been to Texas but my brother goes down there on business sometimes. I gather it's like going from an icebox to a sweatbox. 

Coincidentally, Steve Kiner is also from Minnesota. ^_^ He didn't last long in Dallas, but eventually caught on with the Oilers in the late 70s.

Lived in 4 cities up there. One was close to the cities. Faribault, down I-35 south. Stayed there 3 years. Loved it up there. Live in Vegas now. That's exactly what it is, icebox to sweatbox.