TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How did it go?

It went pretty good. Had plans to go on a second...but then I started talking to someone from Texas and well...xD

17 minutes ago, D82 said:

It went pretty good. Had plans to go on a second...but then I started talking to someone from Texas and well...xD

A5hoe.jpg

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 4

On 7/6/2020 at 2:33 AM, resilient part 2 said:

Apparently I mis read the number, not 41 but 47.

for the month of June 2020 violent crime is up 146% compared to June 2019.. and up 400+% in July thanks to 49 people getting shot on one day.. I did not move from NYC for these reasons, but I am now glad I am out..

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 11:17 AM, DaBoys said:

A5hoe.jpg

😂 hey, I’m at the point I don’t want to settle for the wrong one...so if I find someone better, I’m going to pursue that one.

I don't know what led to the incident I'm about to detail but today I'm in a store and I hear yelling and cursing.  This middle aged couple were unloading f bomb after f bomb on this frail elderly lady for allegedly getting in their space.  We all have masks on. The guy was particularly obscene.  So I tried to diffuse things.  That didn't work and the f bombs continued.  At this point the old lady has walked away as did I.  Then the guy starts mouthing off at me.  Diplomacy didn't work so I said to him what sort of man verbally attacks any woman let alone someone's grandmother?  I get an f bomb.  At that point I walk over to him and say now I'm in your space and I can assure you I'm not a frail old lady.  Talk to me like you talked to her.  He screamed you're threatening me!  I said buddy you don't know what a threat is.  I suggest you leave the store while you can which he and his wife did.  As I watched them hurl expletives at this old lady I pictured my late mother on the end of such an assault.  I don't like losing my cool but I won't stand for bullying and intimidation of anyone.  Store employees and a couple of other shoppers thanked me for defending the elderly woman.  I swear I was ready to drop him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I don't know what led to the incident I'm about to detail but today I'm in a store and I hear yelling and cursing.  This middle aged couple were unloading f bomb after f bomb on this frail elderly lady for allegedly getting in their space.  We all have masks on. The guy was particularly obscene.  So I tried to diffuse things.  That didn't work and the f bombs continued.  At this point the old lady has walked away as did I.  Then the guy starts mouthing off at me.  Diplomacy didn't work so I said to him what sort of man verbally attacks any woman let alone someone's grandmother?  I get an f bomb.  At that point I walk over to him and say now I'm in your space and I can assure you I'm not a frail old lady.  Talk to me like you talked to her.  He screamed you're threatening me!  I said buddy you don't know what a threat is.  I suggest you leave the store while you can which he and his wife did.  As I watched them hurl expletives at this old lady I pictured my late mother on the end of such an assault.  I don't like losing my cool but I won't stand for bullying and intimidation of anyone.  Store employees and a couple of other shoppers thanked me for defending the elderly woman.  I swear I was ready to drop him.

Goes to show that even in Canada, people are *****. 

People just need to chill. Honestly. I didn't want strangers in my business before, I sure as hell don't want them now.

• Like 2

I got a 15+lb brisket for under $50. It was the only one here in my little brookshire bros. It’s no Waygu, or whatever you call it, but it will smoke nicely. I also got a pork tenderloin and a pork butt roast for pulled pork. Plus some cream cheese filled jalapeños that I stuffed with Little cocktail shrimp and wrapped in peppered bacon. All going on the stick smoker tomorrow morning. 

My father in law passed in April, and we inherited his offset smoker. So I’m getting into smoking now. Have to do him justice. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Goes to show that even in Canada, people are *****. 

People just need to chill. Honestly. I didn't want strangers in my business before, I sure as hell don't want them now.

Nine times out of ten I would ignore such nonsense.  However as I mentioned watching this frail elderly woman receive such a obscene tirade was too much.  I'm at retail every day because of my job.  Where I live we've done a good job re CV 19 and flattening the curve.  We do have our share of nuts.