TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

4 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

I have a new girlfriend. She’s really amazing - I have a feeling we are going to end up getting married. :)

She’s allergic to my golden retriever. :( 

They make allergy meds for a reason. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Yep. The drops are the on the way. Hope they work!

I take Flonase, Singular and Zyrtec every day just to cope with mine. But ya do what ya gotta do to have these dorks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

I have a new girlfriend. She’s really amazing - I have a feeling we are going to end up getting married. :)

If she’s your new girlfriend, why are you even thinking about marriage? 

OK so some good friends of mine (husband and wife) who I meet 3 years ago when I moved into the same condo building in Florida who have always been what I consider really good and easy to get along with people, I am starting to find out are EXTREME conspiracy theorists. They seemingly believe almost every major and minor conspiracy out there. Examples, they won't get a haircut or go to the dentist unless their (some sort of fortune telling mood calendar says when to go) or (UFO or Government conspiracies just to name a few)

They are also very peculiar and extreme with their diets..   

Only recently have they been showing that side of themselves.. They are both financially well off and the wife is a former Olympic representative in fencing for Hungary.. To my knowledge both have had some difficulty with family in their childhoods. But nothing too crazy and always seem to be of good spirits..

But my question and concerns are , what kind of mental disease is this? or is it even a disease? Does anyone have any experience with people and this kind of mindset.. Is this something that gets worse with age? Is this an early sign of something like schizophrenia?

PS.. some of the stuff is so far out there, I want to LOL, but these people are serious about the stuff they are saying.. I definitely don't want to offend them by laughing..

any advice go ahead..

Edited by resilient part 2

6 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

Time to get rid of that dog.

the Golden puppers must stay.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK so some good friends of mine (husband and wife) who I meet 3 years ago when I moved into the same condo building in Florida who have always been what I consider really good and easy to get along with people, I am starting to find out are EXTREME conspiracy theorists. They seemingly believe almost every major and minor conspiracy out there. Examples, they won't get a haircut or go to the dentist unless their (some sort of fortune telling mood calendar says when to go) or (UFO or Government conspiracies just to name a few)

Only recently have they been showing that side of themselves.. They are both financially well off and the wife is a former Olympic representative in fencing for Hungary.. To my knowledge both have had some difficulty with family in their childhoods. But nothing too crazy and always seem to be of good spirits..

But my question and concerns are , what kind of mental disease is this? or is it even a disease? Does anyone have any experience with people and this kind of mindset.. Is this something that gets worse with age? Is this an early sign of something like schizophrenia?

PS.. some of the stuff is so far out there, I want to LOL, but these people are serious about the stuff they are saying.. I definitely don't want to offend them by laughing..

any advice go ahead..

There is a wiki page on this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory#Psychological_interpretations

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

any advice go ahead..

UFOs may not be a conspiracy theory, exciting time. But people are too worried about sports teams names to pay attention 

Pentagon’s U.F.O. Unit Will Make Some Findings Public

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

8 hours ago, Runaway Jim said:

Does it help with the allergies if I give the golden a puppy cut?

No, absolutely do not shave a double coated dog. Regular brushing and a good bath every other month or so, and adding fish oil to his food would help cut down on the dander a bit. 

One of my friends died today. 

ALS

She gave it hell for four years. One of the healthiest, most active people I knew before her diagnosis. 

Funny how this disease seems to target people who are physically fit 

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

One of my friends died today. 

ALS

She gave it hell for four years. One of the healthiest, most active people I knew before her diagnosis. 

Funny how this disease seems to target people who are physically fit 

I’m really sorry for your loss. It’s never easy losing a friend, especially to a disease like ALS. 

• Like 1