TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

On 8/4/2020 at 12:07 PM, Matts4313 said:

Thanks to everyone for the super kind messages. My son is doing a lot better. He still has scratches all over his face, but his grandparents took him to a plastic surgeon and it looks like no major scars. His short term memory has returned and the neurologist believe that he should be 100%.  

Great news all around. 

Glad to hear all the good news. Man, that would suck not being there...like you know...not so much when it happened per se...just not being able to be there in general for the little guy.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

The factory explosion in Beirut is wild as hell. Scary ****. Not sure whose idea it was to leave 3000 tons of high explosives just laying around?

No ish. I think I heard it had been stored there for like 2 or 3 years....I think...I heard that on one report.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:07 AM, Matts4313 said:

Thanks to everyone for the super kind messages. My son is doing a lot better. He still has scratches all over his face, but his grandparents took him to a plastic surgeon and it looks like no major scars. His short term memory has returned and the neurologist believe that he should be 100%.  

Great news all around. 

Damn man. I thought it was just a little crash and burn. Happy to hear all is well.

Good for the @Matts4313 family.. Your son is definitely doing better than me..

I am on suicide watch... Had Tesla stock, since I thought electric cars were the future (most of my life savings) 3 years ago.. held it for almost a year and a half . Result (up and down but didn't really change) so I sold it for Amazon stock which during my time with Tesla doubled from 800 to 1600ish. Amazon went and did nothing for a year.. So I bought Apple (which doubled) during my time with Amazon.. Held on to Apple for 8 months, then Corona hit.. Stocks were falling.. I sold everything.. My logic get out early, but buy back in right?? well back in April/May the stocks made a massive uptick before I cold buy back in.. I have been waiting since for a let down.. It is due to happen right?? NOPE Not yet..

Conclussion..

Tesla up 550% since my selling it just a few years ago..

Amazon about 150% 

Apple about 120% (in only 3 months)

I am currently looking for a high enough cliff over looking shark infested waters... Anyone know a good spot??:(

16 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Good for the @Matts4313 family.. Your son is definitely doing better than me..

I am on suicide watch... Had Tesla stock, since I thought electric cars were the future (most of my life savings) 3 years ago.. held it for almost a year and a half . Result (up and down but didn't really change) so I sold it for Amazon stock which during my time with Tesla doubled from 800 to 1600ish. Amazon went and did nothing for a year.. So I bought Apple (which doubled) during my time with Amazon.. Held on to Apple for 8 months, then Corona hit.. Stocks were falling.. I sold everything.. My logic get out early, but buy back in right?? well back in April/May the stocks made a massive uptick before I cold buy back in.. I have been waiting since for a let down.. It is due to happen right?? NOPE Not yet..

Conclussion..

Tesla up 550% since my selling it just a few years ago..

Amazon about 150% 

Apple about 120% (in only 3 months)

I am currently looking for a high enough cliff over looking shark infested waters... Anyone know a good spot??:(

You do now I am a financial advisor right? 

Great news all around. 

I don't check in too often so I'm just catching up.  Glad to hear your son is okay.  That's a big relief.  I know all too well about how we parents feel when our kids are I'll or hurt.  Happy for you and your family.  Cheers.

Great news all around. 

Very sorry Matt's. This is the 1st I am hearing of it. But it sounds like it all worked out well, thank God. I will keep him in my prayers, and your family as well.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Man...my hometown is trashed. Pretty much the entirety of central Iowa tbh. 100+ mph straight line winds. Trees, power lines, semis overturned all over the place.

2020 can go ‘eff itself hardcore.

I foresee in a few years a high school reunion at a bar.  They all do a toast as the Class of 2020.  Everyone else in the bar turns and gives them the finger.