TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

On 4/6/2020 at 11:17 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Travis Kelce over Jason Witten on the All-Decade team seems pretty weak to me.

It's a tough choice either way. Kelce didn't play for basically half of the decade, but he has more receiving yards in the time he played than Witten did in the entire decade.

24 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

It's a tough choice either way. Kelce didn't play for basically half of the decade, but he has more receiving yards in the time he played than Witten did in the entire decade.

That's not true.

Jason Witten over the decade
709 receptions, 7,205 yards, 46 TDs

Travis Kelce over his career
559 receptions, 7,097 yards, 43 TDs

Really feels like recency bias towards Kelce. If he had his stats over the first half of the decade rather than the most recent half, he wouldn't have received the award.

22 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That's not true.

Jason Witten over the decade
709 receptions, 7,205 yards, 46 TDs

Travis Kelce over his career
559 receptions, 7,097 yards, 43 TDs

Really feels like recency bias towards Kelce. If he had his stats over the first half of the decade rather than the most recent half, he wouldn't have received the award.

You basically proved my point. Kelce hasn't played for 10 years, but his numbers were nearly identical to Witten's over his 10 year span.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

You basically proved my point. Kelce hasn't played for 10 years, but his numbers were nearly identical to Witten's over his 10 year span.

Lol, you said he had more yards.

And it's the all-decade team. Not playing for half the decade should be a major impediment to winning the award.

8 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lol, you said he had more yards.

And it's the all-decade team. Not playing for half the decade should be a major impediment to winning the award.

First, get over yourself and your butthurt nonsense. Second, I missed Witten's 2019 stats. Kelce has 6,465 yards from 2013-2019. Because I missed Witten's 2019 stats, I saw that his yards were 6,483 through 2018. Again, those numbers show that Kelce had better numbers, but in a shorter span of time. I said that Kelce didn't play for the entire decade, so stop complaining.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KelcTr00.htm

Edited by plan9misfit

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

First, get over yourself and your butthurt nonsense. Second, I missed Witten's 2019 stats. Kelce has 6,465 yards from 2013-2019. Because I missed Witten's 2019 stats, I saw that his yards were 6,483 through 2018. Again, those numbers show that Kelce had better numbers, but in a shorter span of time. I said that Kelce didn't play for the entire decade, so stop complaining.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KelcTr00.htm

Lol, you are hilarious.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Yea but they had no problem holding this point against Fredbeard in that thread.

Having only 1 less probowl with Mack having 4 extra years they justified his extra as contributing more then Fred.

19 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Leave him alone man, least let him buy it first lol

I mean the process itself is excruciating. 

@D82 just wait till you have a deal fall through at closing. Buying a house sucks. Owning one is fundamental to wealth

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I mean the process itself is excruciating. 

@D82 just wait till you have a deal fall through at closing. Buying a house sucks. Owning one is fundamental to wealth

Just hoping the post office doesn't shutter its doors during this whole process.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, D82 said:

Just hoping the post office doesn't shutter its doors during this whole process.

My closing is tomorrow. This pandemic has added an unreal level of stress to the whole process.

Edit- by tomorrow I meant monday. And I meant closing on my house not closing my place of work. 

Edited by Ace5
I'm drunk
  • Like 2