TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

So...what are some good places to check out in Dallas?

Ive never eaten at the ranch. @plan9misfit and @pwny live/lived in Dallas, so they might have some suggestions. I know there are a few really good BBQ places. Probably a Chuys (tex-mex) or a Pluckers (wings) would be easy to find. As for local stuff, not sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive never eaten at the ranch. @plan9misfit and @pwny live/lived in Dallas, so they might have some suggestions. I know there are a few really good BBQ places. Probably a Chuys (tex-mex) or a Pluckers (wings) would be easy to find. As for local stuff, not sure. 

We've got Chuys and Pluckers around here. I know we're planning on doing The Ranch at least one night. More so trying to find some Dallas-based places to check out, maybe some things to do. Going to go by The Star and the stadium even though they aren't doing tours right now.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Pluckers are all over. I usually go to the ones in Addison and Allen. Their dry jerk rub is delicious.

BBQ-wise, I love Hutchins BBQ. They’re in McKinney and Frisco, but I usually go to the one in McKinney.

Pecan Lodge is really good, too. They’re in Deep Ellum, which is basically downtown Dallas.

I don’t recommend any Mexican restaurants in Dallas. They’re all garbage. Granted, I grew up in L.A., which is one of the hotspots for authentic Mexican food, so I got a little spoiled.

If you like Neopolitan Pizza, go to Cane Rosso in Frisco. It’s basically right at The Star. They used to be in Allen but they moved. AMAZING pizza.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Pluckers are all over. I usually go to the ones in Addison and Allen. Their dry jerk rub is delicious.

BBQ-wise, I love Hutchins BBQ. They’re in McKinney and Frisco, but I usually go to the one in McKinney.

Pecan Lodge is really good, too. They’re in Deep Ellum, which is basically downtown Dallas.

I don’t recommend any Mexican restaurants in Dallas. They’re all garbage. Granted, I grew up in L.A., which is one of the hotspots for authentic Mexican food, so I got a little spoiled.

If you like Neopolitan Pizza, go to Cane Rosso in Frisco. It’s basically right at The Star. They used to be in Allen but they moved. AMAZING pizza.

Hutchins looks friggin amazing, as does Cane Rosso. Might have to check them out. 

2 minutes ago, D82 said:
11 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

So without going directly into ..... you know.... it.

Are you surprised?

Sadly, no. 

Left will win, but they still havent learned a damn thing from 4 years ago. Stop the nepotism and 800 year old candidates with an extensive history of lying and corrupt politics. Not that the incumbent has any legs to stand on whatsoever when it comes to morals and ethics, but like (the only commonality) Obama, his message was "change"/moving from the status quo.

People are tired of life long politicians in their 60's-70's. How these two made it is insane......

....... Just like 4 years ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

On some level, no, but it’s jarring how close it is in most states. No matter what happens, our country seems irreparably divided.

Disagree. At least in my social circles. Everyone kinda feels like we are choosing which turd burger will taste less bad. I think the split vote is due to two ishy options. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Left will win, but they still havent learned a damn thing from 4 years ago. Stop the nepotism and 800 year old candidates with an extensive history of lying and corrupt politics. Not that the incumbent has any legs to stand on whatsoever when it comes to morals and ethics, but like (the only commonality) Obama, his message was "change"/moving from the status quo.

People are tired of life long politicians in their 60's-70's. How these two made it is insane......

....... Just like 4 years ago.

This. All of it. 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Disagree. At least in my social circles. Everyone kinda feels like we are choosing which turd burger will taste less bad. I think the split vote is due to two ishy options. 

Ok, sure, seemingly most people weren’t thrilled by either choice- but they still fundamentally disagreed on which was the better/worse option, and felt pretty strongly about it, hence the record turnout.

I don’t want too get deep into this of course but I just can’t stand how people turn this into a referendum on “this shows how tired America is of career politicians” when the alternative/incumbent is... how can I put this... umm... well, basically a cartoon.

25 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I don’t want too get deep into this of course but I just can’t stand how people turn this into a referendum on “this shows how tired America is of career politicians” when the alternative/incumbent is... how can I put this... umm... well, basically a cartoon.

Isnt that saying the samething? People are so tired of career politicians that they will vote a cartoon.

7 minutes ago, D82 said:

Alright, let's not go down this path. 

I'm amazed at all the **** I've gotta learn in order to get my CDL to drive a bus. Jesus. 

Dont hit children and honk at people when they drive by your bus with the stop sign out.