TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

So I asked the SO about getting a hunting license...thinking I'd have to take a hunter safety course and all the other BS you had to do in Maryland to get one. 

$25 and that's it? And you can get one at Walmart or Academy? I know ya gotta pay more for your tags and stuff, but still...GD I love it here. 

4 hours ago, D82 said:

So I asked the SO about getting a hunting license...thinking I'd have to take a hunter safety course and all the other BS you had to do in Maryland to get one. 

$25 and that's it? And you can get one at Walmart or Academy? I know ya gotta pay more for your tags and stuff, but still...GD I love it here. 

There's still an online Hunter's course I believe? Or maybe it's a gun safety course? It's super easy and I think you only have to do it once ever, but don't quote me on that.

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There's still an online Hunter's course I believe? Or maybe it's a gun safety course? It's super easy and I think you only have to do it once ever, but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, you’re right. Difference between the two is in MD you had to take a field test along with the online or in person class. Texas if you’re over 17 you don’t have to take the field test - and it is lifetime, so that’s a plus.

18 hours ago, D82 said:

Yeah, you’re right. Difference between the two is in MD you had to take a field test along with the online or in person class. Texas if you’re over 17 you don’t have to take the field test - and it is lifetime, so that’s a plus.

I heard in California you have to have a hunting license to set up a mouse trap. Probably Just a joke, but it’s a believable one.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I heard in California you have to have a hunting license to set up a mouse trap. Probably Just a joke, but it’s a believable one.

Why I won't ever plan on moving to California. Definitely want to visit though.

So, they've got me driving a short bus right now to get comfortable with the loading/unloading and other procedures so I'm more familiar with them once I get my CDL permit. No kids yet, but probably will start that when we come back from break. 

18 hours ago, D82 said:

So, they've got me driving a short bus right now to get comfortable with the loading/unloading and other procedures so I'm more familiar with them once I get my CDL permit. No kids yet, but probably will start that when we come back from break. 

Being our Mod you should be use to driving the short bus. 

• Like 2

gentlemen please give me your opinion or decision. In talking with quite a few people/friends etc... I find that most I spoke with "don't" wish to take any vaccine. At least not after early on - never at all. 

when your time comes, where do you stand..

*a side note. I have never taken a flu shot in my life. I haven't had a Flu I don't believe in about 30 years or more. 

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. Just wondering out loud.

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

gentlemen please give me your opinion or decision. In talking with quite a few people/friends etc... I find that most I spoke with "don't" wish to take any vaccine. At least not after early on - never at all. 

*a side note. I have never taken a flu shot in my life. I haven't had a Flu I don't believe in about 30 years or more. 

I've taken a flu shot every year for the past ten since I've worked in positions in health care and where I'm around a lot of people. I've only gotten the flu maybe once or twice during that period and it was always a strain of the virus that wasn't included in the shot. 

When it comes to my dogs, I do the first set of shots up until they're about a year or two, then after that they only get the rabies shot since it's required by law and annual titer testing.

If I can get the COVID vaccine, I'm taking it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

There is zero chance I’m taking anything until it’s been given appropriate research and testing. This takes time. Thus far not enough has been given. Not even close imo. 

The FDA for whatever reason ($) loves fast tracking drugs now. Basically it boils down to not trusting the FDA and pharmaceutical companies any more than I trust the government to do the right thing.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

you still go to brick and mortar stores???? 

Nah man. I meant it as I do my shopping at night because I work during the day. On my days off I dont go nowhere because of the covid. Since I'm already out because of work I'll stop by the store on the ways home. But today I went out on my day off.