TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I’m not trying to call you out specifically, and I know this kind of a straw man, but I wonder how many people who’ve accuse LeBron of being a “whiny *****” voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election

No worries, and no offense taken. For the record, I did not vote for Trump. Nor did I vote for Hillary.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I work out basically all day now that I'm working from home. I have 25 Lb dumbells in my office where I do arm curls and shoulder presses all day and then go into my garage for everything else. I lost 12 pounds and gained 6 pounds of muscle in the last 5 weeks.

Good work Plan.  I do Crossfit 4 times a week.  I only have a set of Powerblocks adjustable dumbbells though.  It makes some movements challenging.  First world problem.

• Like 2

Just now, plan9misfit said:

No worries, and no offense taken. For the record, I did not vote for Trump. Nor did I vote for Hillary.

And I’m not trying to hold it against if you had. But I’m willing to bet there’s more than a little overlap there. Pretty sad that anyone would hold a pro athlete to higher standards than the POTUS

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Good work Plan.  I do Crossfit 4 times a week.  I only have a set of Powerblocks adjustable dumbbells though.  It makes some movements challenging.  First world problem.

I looked into Powerblocks, but I had a hard time using them. They felt, well, weird, when I tried them.

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

And I’m not trying to hold it against if you had. But I’m willing to bet there’s more than a little overlap there. Pretty sad that anyone would hold a pro athlete to higher standards than the POTUS

I completely agree. 

14 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I’m not trying to call you out specifically, and I know this kind of a straw man, but I wonder how many people who’ve accuse LeBron of being a “whiny *****” voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election

What does Trump have to do with The Last Dance?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

What does Trump have to do with The Last Dance?

There’s only so much going on right now in a cultural sense

The Last Dance has brought out the worst in MJ stans, who go out of their way to try to antagonize people who’ve enjoyed watching LeBron. The vast majority of those in the latter category have never deigned to call him better than Jordan, but they’re all assumed to have for whatever reason. I just wonder how many of those Twitter trolls who love to call him Le***** unprompted to get a rise out of those who've enjoyed watching him helped coronate the whiniest, pettiest elected official in U.S. history.

36 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Do yall just remember that or is there a way to look that up since the site transfer? It is crazy to think how long some of us have been here.

Just go to the old site.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/

2/6/06

32 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I joined 2 weeks after the site launched. I was either the 118th or 138th member of the site. I don't remember the date, though.

10/29/04

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I work out basically all day now that I'm working from home. I have 25 Lb dumbells in my office where I do arm curls and shoulder presses all day and then go into my garage for everything else. I lost 12 pounds and gained 6 pounds of muscle in the last 5 weeks.

Nicely done!

I got pretty lucky with all of this, I had started working from home 2-3 times a week in January and also finally cancelled my gym membership which was a wasted $100 a month and put that money into building a home gym and have not missed a beat on that front.  Every other aspect of this all sucks, but probably going to come out of it in the best shape I have been in since i was 20. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

The Last Dance has brought out the worst in MJ stans, who go out of their way to try to antagonize people who’ve enjoyed watching LeBron. The vast majority of those in the latter category have never deigned to call him better than Jordan, but they’re all assumed to have for whatever reason. I just wonder how many of those Twitter trolls who love to call him Le***** unprompted to get a rise out of those who've enjoyed watching him helped coronate the whiniest, pettiest elected official in U.S. history.

This is 100% not necessary.

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just go to the old site.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/

2/6/06

10/29/04

14 years, crazy. And some of you even longer.  I have so many people in my real life that have come and gone during that time, but here is pretty much the base core of individuals. 

• Like 1

I think I joined July 3rd of 2006. Can't remember though. I've actually made life long friends because of this site (outside of yall). One of the best men at my wedding saw me browsing the website and said his brother knew about it. We got to chatting and the rest has been history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Did you just now start following politics or something?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

This is 100% not necessary.

14 years, crazy. And some of you even longer.  I have so many people in my real life that have come and gone during that time, but here is pretty much the base core of individuals. 

It won't let me log in, but I verified that I was member #116.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Did you just now start following politics or something?

I tried/tended to be apolitical most of my life but it's just a particularly frustrating time for all of us. I'm in my 20's but most people I know and trust much older than that insist people weren't always this divided and hostile towards each other in the last 50-100ish years. I'm sorry for word vomiting a bit there

• Like 2