TACT XX: One X Short Of A Good Time - Thanks Corona

D82

31 minutes ago, D82 said:

I really want a Mossberg Scorpion. 

Your buddy isn't the first person I've heard say that about building an AR the first time around. Guess I'll have to look into that more when it comes time to buy one. 

Never heard of the scorpion. Ill have to look it up.

Been looking at this monstrosity as well...

https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns/semi-automatic-shotguns/iwi-tavor-ts12-12ga-18-5-15rd-blk.html

A 3 mag semi automatic shotgun capable of 15 rounds. Just ridiculous 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Never heard of the scorpion. Ill have to look it up.

Been looking at this monstrosity as well...

https://grabagun.com/firearms/shotguns/semi-automatic-shotguns/iwi-tavor-ts12-12ga-18-5-15rd-blk.html

A 3 mag semi automatic shotgun capable of 15 rounds. Just ridiculous 

Yeah. That would be fun haha

I shot the Glock 17, it was pretty nice. 

• Like 1

Just need to get through Thursday and Friday, then off work until Jan 5th. Been having drivers drop left and right with positive tests so hoping we can make it through the week without having to shut down. 

An Eagles for the last 3 almost 4 years has had this as his sig as a way of "mocking" me:

"Dak makes better and more accurate throws. He is more likely to keep the chains moving. He is better at reading the defense. He is also as good, if not a better, scrambler. He has better pocket presence. He is less likely to take a sack. He is less likely to throw an INT. He is smarter in all aspects of the game." - Matts4313, 2017

It makes me laugh that he still has it after Carson has been benched. Some people can never admit when they are wrong.

• Like 2

For my BBQ guys, I have some questions.

Nee homeowner and now I have a yard. Want to get into smoking brisket, but I also want to be able to casually grill burgers, chicken, whatever. Any smokers or grills that y’all recommend? I’m assuming there’s no need for both. Is pellet the way to go?

30 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Nee homeowner and now I have a yard. Want to get into smoking brisket, but I also want to be able to casually grill burgers, chicken, whatever. Any smokers or grills that y’all recommend? I’m assuming there’s no need for both. Is pellet the way to go?

Pellet smokers are the easy bake oven of smokers. A set it and forget it type smoke. It’s not true BBQ imo. You need an off-set stick burner if you want to be legit. That way you have to tend to your firebox adding coals to bring the heat up, and closing vents to choke and bring the temp down. It’s way more hands on, as you learn your pit. You have to read your smoke and know the difference between good smoke and dirty smoke. No doubt off-set stick smokers are more difficult, but the product is more authentic and once mastered the taste is second to none. Many people complain everything on a pellet grill tastes like bacon. Bacon is delicious but you don’t want everything to taste the same. 

Once you master the stick burners then you can buy a pellet grill for ease. For instance, an overnight cook is mostly easier with a pellet grill, as you can sleep and smoke without worry. Or even smoke a brisket while you’re at work. You can’t do that with a stick burner as you would have to worry about your pit going cold or getting to hot. 

After that, you still might need a regular grill for burgers and steaks, but most smokers can be used as both

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Get a Weber

On 12/17/2020 at 12:02 AM, Matts4313 said:

An Eagles for the last 3 almost 4 years has had this as his sig as a way of "mocking" me:

It makes me laugh that he still has it after Carson has been benched. Some people can never admit when they are wrong.

To be fair, I wouldn't want either of them as my QB at this point 😂